• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to edit subcategory page and category

BuddahBoy

Greetings,

Can't find where to change and/or edit the text on the category page and subcategory pages that are called when clicking on an item from the menu - for example in the stock version clicking on [cat] Hardware > [sub cat] CD ROM drives calls a page with no merch and a heading "Let's See What We Have Here" - want to be able to add text there - -

can some kind soul point me in the right direction?

Very much apprecaited.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

After checking out that page and reading my question, I wasn't clear what I was looking for - what I want to do is, edit the page called when clicking on a category from the site menu - the called page shows the sub-category choices at the top and then the new products box on the bottom - I want to add descriptive text about the category BELOW the subcat section and above the new items section - - is it possible?

Yes.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1373

is one option. You would just place the code on the page where you want it to appear, I believe it is above the subcategory links but you can place it anywhere you want.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Archived