• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I can't get it to install

bhomis

I was able to FTP the entire catalog folder on to my root directory (mysite.com/cataog/). Afterwards, I went to install it via mysite.com/catalog/install/ and I get the HTTP 403 Error - Forbidden message. How do I correct this?

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Bruce

Make sure that all folder permissions are set to 755 or 777 (if 755 doesn't work). Files should be 644, except for the two configure.php files which need to be 777 for the install procedure and reset afterwards.

Vger

Thank you. Here's a slight problem. My FTP program (WS FTP Pro), doesn't let me change the settings by using those numbers upon right clicking. I right click and select properties. There I get a box that comes up and has nine check boxes, three sets of three. The categories are Owner, Group, and World. For each one, Read, Write, and Execute are checked. My hosting company's tech support says if they're all checked, that is equivilant to 777. Is this correct? So all the folders must be 777, and then change each file to 644?

Thank you,

Bhomis

Make sure that all folder permissions are set to 755 or 777 (if 755 doesn't work).  Files should be 644, except for the two configure.php files which need to be 777 for the install procedure and reset afterwards.

Vger

Archived