• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2 websites with 1 database

dancody1979

I need to create 2 websites with seperate domains (owner's insists on 2 domains) that use the same database to avoid stock problems. (especially with end of line products)

I am thinking of using the trade price in the database and then adding a retail tax on the retail site to adjust the price.

Does this sound workable?

Do you want them to have everything the same and just change the prices, or do you want to have other things changed too?

The price would be the only difference, if I had 2 websites I could change the appearance if necessary using the css and possibly a different theme.

I did think of using 1 website with the Seperate Pricing Per Customer contribution but there would be an issue with trade customers seeing the retail branding and pricing.

The price would be the only difference, if I had 2 websites I could change the appearance if necessary using the css and possibly a different theme.

I did think of using 1 website with the Seperate Pricing Per Customer contribution but there  would be an issue with trade customers seeing the retail branding and pricing.

Thinkinjg again about this would it be easier to install the Seperate Pricing Per Customer contribution on the Retail site and use it only for the retail customers, presumably this would be easier than trying to create a hidden retail tax?

Archived