• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing Buttons

cd100

Hi there,

Can any body tell me how to remove a button from a page?

Am setting up my store and have managed to remove all the boxes I don't need, but need to remove the 'Reviews' button that displays at the bottom of the product page.

Thanks in advance,

Claire

Find the relative code on the product info page and delete it. Back up first incase of mistakes.

You are looking for something like tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) .

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Thanks for that Steve,

Thing is, I'm not sure where the php files for these pages are!

I've been looking at the php files in includes/languages/english/ ....(don't ask me why!), but cant find any refs to images or buttons...obviously this is not where they are :blush:

Any pointers?

Claire

OOOPPS!

Sorry,

I have found the file now, is it better to just comment it out rather than delete it?

Thanks for your help

Claire

Hi Claire,

if you don't have a master copy of un unmodded set of files, I'd just comment it out, you never know when you will want to have it back ...

Don't forget to remove reviews from the column_right.php too.

:-)

Monika

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

If you open a page in your web browser and look at the address in the url, it will show you which page to modify. Its usually then a case of finding whats calling it, then modifying it to suit your needs. Sounds easy doesnt it. In most cases it is.

I would comment it out just in case you need to put it back oneday.

Dont forget to back things up first.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived