• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Why does AOL hate my site?

rml251

Here is My Webpage

If you go to it using american online browser, the OscID stays no matter what. usually it disappears after you clikc on the first object on the page, but with aol it stays

The problem with this is that suppose you add something to the shopping cart, if you then go to any of the manufacturers / categories and try use the search filter, that product will be gone from the shopping cart.

any ideas on how to solve this? help very much appreciated...

Here is My Webpage

If you go to it using american online browser, the OscID stays no matter what. usually it disappears after you clikc on the first object on the page, but with aol it stays

The problem with this is that suppose you add something to the shopping cart, if you then go to any of the manufacturers / categories and try use the search filter, that product will be gone from the shopping cart.

any ideas on how to solve this? help very much appreciated...

AOL hates my site too.

Users keep getting the secure login page no matter what they click! Why does this happen?

Here is an example from user tracking contrib.

Host:  cache-mtc-ac03.proxy.aol.com
Originating URL:   

18:38:23   You are now on a secure web page. 	 /catalog/login.php
18:38:08   You are now on a secure web page. 	 /catalog/login.php
18:37:49   You are now on a secure web page. 	 /catalog/login.php
There have been 3 page views in this 24 hour period. Total number of visitors: 1.

All visitors from cache*********.proxy.aol.com cannot use my site. Maybe its the same reason as the originator of this thread. If not, sorry to butt in :blush:

make sure your session setting to check the IP address is turned off. That should never ben on for any reason.

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

Thank you I'll try that. I had check IP turned on.

I didnt have it turned on and no one has been able to help me yet... any other ideas? should i be using persistent connections? should i be using session storage in databse or files?

PLEASE help

The problem is not with your websites. Don't complain that AOL keeps the session id - be grateful - be very, very grateful!

When AOL visits a website they cache everything on one web page on different servers before serving them up to their user. So, if you have one osCommerce webpage, which calls in header, footer, left and right columns, main page, plus 10 images that's 15 sessions as far as AOL is concerned.

Because of this the main problem with AOL is that people keep dropping their session id and can never get through checkout. However, as I have said, this is due to their rubbish way of doing things. Any dynamic website is going to have problems with AOL users.

Vger

Archived