• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal IPN and Option Type Text

hunzyb

Looking for help with PayPal IPN working with the option type text feature.

I've seen that others have the same problem as I'm having, but I can't seem to locate a solution. So I'm hoping that someone out there has been able to fix this.

When using the PayPal IPN for payment method, any text options don't get passed along to the admin area where you see the customer's orders. Instead of the normal values, you get "TEXT" as a value. When using other methods, such as the cheque/money order method, it works just fine.

Any solutions? Can this even be fixed?

I have a hunch that it might have something to do with the database setup. In the Option type contrib, there was something you needed to do in the database near the end of the installation instructions that I couldn't quite understand. It MIGHT have something to do with other contribs working together, but I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Brandon.

• 10 months later...

In case anyone else is looking for the solution to this problem, I found that someone had already answered it. Option Type Feature of Product Attributes Contribution in conjuction with Paypal IPN related to the TEXT field showing as "TEXT" in the pre-order. Here is the link to the answer:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...18entry523418