• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Availability by Product Attribute

crchi

I'm not sure how to indicate availability of a product by it's attributes.

We have shirts, in different colors and sizes. Is there a way to input stock levels for the different colors and sizes I have? For instance, if we are out of white shirts in size XXL, I don't want those options to show in the dropdown menu choices.

I'm not sure how to indicate availability of a product by it's attributes.

We have shirts, in different colors and sizes. Is there a way to input stock levels for the different colors and sizes I have? For instance, if we are out of white shirts in size XXL, I don't want those options to show in the dropdown menu choices.

There are 3 different add-ons which lets you do this, they can all be found in the contributions section.

You can have a look around by clicking on the link marked "Contributions" on the top left of this forum

As a starting point search/look for qtpro

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using QTPro, the latest version, just downloaded today. I am unable to find the place to enter the stock number of each item in the new Attribute Manager. Here's a screenshot of what I see. Unable to reach the developer through the email address given in the ReadMe file.

attmgr.gif

I'm using QTPro, the latest version, just downloaded today. I am unable to find the place to enter the stock number of each item in the new Attribute Manager. Here's a screenshot of what I see. Unable to reach the developer through the email address given in the ReadMe file.

Doh! I knew contributing would come back to bite me :lol:

Adding stock attributes works as described in the QTpro docs

Adjusting Attribute Stock

To get to the stock page where you adjust the stock quantities for your product attributes combinations go to the Categories/Products section of the osCommerce admin site.? Navigate to the product you want to adjust the stock quantities for.? You will find a new "stock" button along with the normal "edit", "delete", "move", and "copy to" buttons.

Should look something like

stock.gif

Hope that helps,

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

Hacking that functionality into the Attribute Manager isn't a bad idea, BTW. Sigh... someday. Not soon though :-"

Iggy

• 1 month later...

Bummer. I thought that this add-on would allow me to specify the amount in stock by attribute. For instance, we have 14 green shirts in XL, and 12 in XS. This STOCK button only allows me to specify what's in stock by the product, so I guess I went to the trouble of installing and configuring this add-on for nothing.

If anyone can offer help or another solution... it sure would be appreciated.

:'(

Bummer. I thought that this add-on would allow me to specify the amount in stock by attribute. For instance, we have 14 green shirts in XL, and 12 in XS. This STOCK button only allows me to specify what's in stock by the product, so I guess I went to the trouble of installing and configuring this add-on for nothing.

If anyone can offer help or another solution... it sure would be appreciated.

:'(

You may have missed something then. When I click on the stock button I get a drop-down list of attributes that have been applied to that product, a quantity box and an add button.

Iggy

You may have missed something then. When I click on the stock button I get a drop-down list of attributes that have been applied to that product, a quantity box and an add button.

Iggy

Okay, when I click on that same stock button, I get this:

stock.gif

There is no dropdown. What do you think is wrong?

I see that on products with no attributes assigned to them. Confirm that the Men's Clark Logo Polo Shirt actually has some attributes?

Iggy

Yes, definitely has attributes. I have size and color for attributes. For this product, I have 3 different colors selected, and five different sizes. I don't have value prices indicated yet.

I see a preview button on yours, too, and I don't have a preview button.

Also, here's a strange thing. When I go into Attribute Manager, this is what I see after I choose a product to edit, from the dropdown:

attributemanager.gif

Archived