• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need Help With Layout

Amalthea

Does anyone know how I can change the color of the border of the info boxes? I was able to change the color of the bar that lines the top of the info box but was looking to change the thin line that borders it.

Also, how would I go about removing the bar at the top of the page that has the my account, cat contents, and checkout info as well as the default logos that appear above it.

My final question (right now) if I wanted to add more information in the information box such as about us. How would I add it and maker a link to it?

Appreciate any help I can get

Thanks

In stylesheet.css change

.infoBox {

background: #b6b7cb;

}

to read

.infoBox {

border-color: #ffffff;

}

Pls note that #ffffff is white - use whatever html color code you like

To remove bar/logos/pics etc in top section you need to be hacking apart the includes/header.php file and to add the links to info boxes just copy the syntax of existing links. If you want info, not links, just throw it in using a define and a text section pulled from your language files.

Hope that makes sense, sorry its way past the time i should have gone to bed....;)

Please note - if I have suggested a contrib above, it doesnt mean it will work! Most of the contribs are not ones I've used, but may be useful for your particular problem....

Have you tried a refined search? Chances are your problem has already been dealt with elsewhere on the forums.....

if (stumped == true) {

return(square_one($start_over)

} else {

$random_query = tep_fetch_answer($forum_query)

}

you could also install one of the contributions that allows you to add and edit pages via the website. This works for the links in the information box. One of the contributions also allows you to edit the front pages text as well but i can't remember which one.

Links to some of them

I have used these two

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2021

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1026

not sure about these but might as well link them too =)

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3252

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1686

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1821

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

In stylesheet.css change

.infoBox {

}

to read

.infoBox {

border-color: #ffffff;

}

Pls note that #ffffff is white - use whatever html color code you like

Hope that makes sense, sorry its way past the time i should have gone to bed....;)

i tried this but it didnt change anything, but when i did border-bottomstyle double and border-bottomcolor black it did do something do this but underneath my original couor boxes.

i tried this but it didnt change anything, but when i did border-bottomstyle double and border-bottomcolor black it did do something do this but underneath my original couor boxes.

I have just been fiddling around with my css settings, and did it this way:

.infoBox {

border: 1px dashed #D6D765;

}

Using this, you can specify the border style (dotted, dashed, solid etc. etc.), the border width (in pixels), and the color all in one line of code!!

See what you think: www.vercana.com

I'm not sure myself... :blink:

my information box answers 2 of your questions ... I use a variable as I like to make interesting borders and change them in one step. The variable is defined in includes/application_top.php

// define the look of the borders for boxes
define('BOX_DEF_START', '<tr><td><table class="tableborder" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td>');
define('BOX_DEF_END', '</td></tr></table></td></tr>');

in stylesheet I defined the class for the tableborder:

TABLE.tableborder {
 border: solid; 
 border-width: 1px; 
 border-color: #9999CC; 
}

You can see I added more pages to the information box, including a popup and there is a horizontal divider too.

<?php
/*
 $Id: information.php,v 1.6 2003/02/10 22:31:00 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
?>
<!-- information //-->
<script language="javascript"><!--
function popupWindow(url) {
 window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=yes,scrollbars=yes,r
esizable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=500,height=500,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,
left=150')
}
//--></script>
<?php

echo BOX_DEF_START;

$info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_INFORMATION);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'custom/arrow_blue.gif', '') . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a><br>' .
                                        tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'custom/arrow_blue.gif', '') . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a><br>' .
                                        tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'custom/arrow_blue.gif', '') . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a><br>' .
                                        tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'custom/arrow_blue.gif', '') . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_QUALITY) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_QUALITY . '</a><br>' .
                                        tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'custom/arrow_blue.gif', '') . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a><br>');

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => tep_draw_separator());

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'custom/arrow_blue.gif', '') . '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_ONLINE_CATALOG) . '\')">' . BOX_ONLINE_CATALOG . '</a><br>' .
                                        tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'custom/arrow_blue.gif', '') . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQ) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_FAQ . '</a><br>' .
                                        tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'custom/arrow_blue.gif', '') . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MEET_ARTIST) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_MEET_ARTIST . '</a><br>' .
                                        tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'custom/arrow_blue.gif', '') . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_TESTIMONIALS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_TESTIMONIALS . '</a><br>');

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

echo BOX_DEF_END;
?>
<!-- information_eof //-->

hth

:-)

Monika

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived