• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fulfilment Process

mhn

HI Friends , I am a student studying E-buisness and want some information about osCommerce.

Can somebody please explain to me the processs from the point in time when the user clicks on "check out" to when he actually recieves the product.

I would be very thankful if someone can provide me with all the information regarding the fulfilment process, shiping, handling the money transfer...

Thanks

MHN

Here is the process in our store...

1) Customer places order

2) Live person prints order, reviews order and sends email with estimated shipping date. At this time the order status in osCommerce is updated from pending to processing so if the customer checks their account they can follow the progession of their order

3) Order is entered into our accounting program and a sales order is generated with two copies printed. The printed osCommerce order is attached.

4) Stock status is checked and products are ordered if not in stock

5) Once it is confirmed that all products are in stock (or will be in a day or two), customers credit card is charged. (We do not have cards automatically charged at time of order. We sell wine and with frequent vintage changes and/or the vintage sells out, we find we have more credibility with our customers if we wait to charge them until we know for sure that we can fulfill their order as placed.) Customer copy of credit card charge is attached to their copy of the sales order

6) Order is picked and shipped. Customer's copy of sales order with their credit card receipt is enclosed in package

7) Order status in osCommerce is changed to shipped and customer is notified that order has been sent. They are given the tracking number and a link to the carrier website where they can track their order if they choose to.

8) Sales order is converted to invoice and filed

Now, if for any reason we can not fulfill an order as placed, we will contact the customer via email and/or phone and offer alternatives. Example would be if the customer needed the shipment by a certain date, we might offer expedited shipping options or a substitution of products ordered with similar products (if we don't have sufficient stock on hand).

Hope this helps...

Karen

North Coast Wine Group

http://www.winebyphone.com

Archived