• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multiple Store Fronts?

mattcald

A friend of mine was telling me that he had heard that it was possible to have multiple storefronts tied to a single database. Has anyone heard of such a thing? If so, how do I attain it?

** God Bless **

---------------------

There are two contributions that I know of.

Multiple "Mini-Stores" with 1 Admin

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1534

Multi-Stores multiple shop system

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1730

not sure if this one would work but it is called virtual mall

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,577

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I would think if you have different types of products and want to seperate them into different tyles of stores but run everything under one business name it would come in handy. All of your customers, sales and so on would be in one place, not multible places.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I am thinking about what features I could use for multiple stores

1) I imagine all stores would be in the same domain

www.domain.com/store1index.html

www.domain.com/store2index.html

2) customer accounts and carts would be separate for each store

does this sound right?

I am thinking about what features I could use for multiple stores

1) I imagine all stores would be in the same domain

www.domain.com/store1index.html

www.domain.com/store2index.html

2) customer accounts and carts would be separate for each store

does this sound right?

Thanks WendyJames!

Here is the info for that second multi-store listed:

Introduction

Do you have more than one osCommerce shopping cart? Are you tired of logging into multiple administrations to retrieve orders and update your store? Do you need the ability to take phone orders or walk-in orders?

Using this contribution will allow you to create multiple installations of osCommerce with all installations sharing the same database! You create stores in the admin side and assign the various aspects of osCommerce to the specific stores you want. It accomplishes this task by creating a configuration table for each created store. This modification allows for all the different stores to have their own unique configurations (shipping modules, payment modules, minimum/maximum values, etc.). Therefore, each store is independent of the other with regards to the store product catalog, categories, specials, manufacturers, and other configuration data.

The customers, address_books are currently not independent but utilizing this framework could easily be made to be so -- albeit harder to then manage via the admin (hint: just use a different customer, customer_info, address_book, etc. etc. table for each store). Currently customers can create an account in one store and login to all other created stores with the same e-mail address and password.

Invoices & Packing slips will print out based on the stores image (if defined).

** God Bless **

---------------------

Archived