• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Info box

tanyamaria

Hi there,

Ive created an extra info box on the left column, and want this to be visible only on the english website and not on the german and spanish version.

Any way of getting this done?

Thanks

Hi there,

Ive created an extra info box on the left column, and want this to be visible only on the english website and not on the german and spanish version.

Any way of getting this done?

Thanks

sure, check the id of english in your database, then make an if clause in your column_left.php so it only shows when the language_id is that one.

:-)

Monika

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

sure, check the id of english in your database, then make an if clause in your column_left.php so it only shows when the language_id is that one.

Monika

Hi thanks for replying back to me.

Will it be possible for you to show me the code for that... would appreciate it alot.

Thanks

Tanya

Hi thanks for replying back to me.

Will it be possible for you to show me the code for that... would appreciate it alot.

Thanks

Tanya

assuming you have the default installation where languages_id for english = 1

if ( (int)$languages_id =='1') {
   require(yourbox);
}

Monika

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

It works, but if i access the suggest a product page and then press either german or spanish... the form appears all translated..

Any way of deleting the form and just putting - Invalid Page

It works, but if i access the suggest a product page and then press either german or spanish... the form appears all translated..

Any way of deleting the form and just putting - Invalid Page

can you give me a link and then tell me exactly where to click so I can see where you got that message? I'm sure there is a workaround.

Monika

Monika

The shop isnt on the web at the moment.. im just testing things out...

The problem is that I created the suggestion box with a form for all the 3 languages, but now only want the box and form to appear on the english language.

The bos doesnt appear on the ger and esp page... I did like you said and it worded very well..

The problem is that after accessing the form in english and then if i press german/spanish the form in those two languages appear.

Me thinks I need to put a clause here so that whatever happens only the english form will show.

Could this be possible instead of erasing the form totally?

Maybe by changing the heading to say the form is accessable only in english? What do you think?

The shop isnt on the web at the moment.. im just testing things out...

The problem is that I created the suggestion box with a form for all the 3 languages, but now only want the box and form to appear on the english language.

The bos doesnt appear on the ger and esp page... I did like you said and it worded very well..

The problem is that after accessing the form in english and then if i press german/spanish the form in those two languages appear.

Me thinks I need to put a clause here so that whatever happens only the english form will show.

Could this be possible instead of erasing the form totally?

Maybe by changing the heading to say the form is accessable only in english? What do you think?

absolutely, on the page displayed after you hit the box that only shows in English, add the same if statement for the whole content in the center space, and make an else statement where you add a textstring, defined in the french and spanish file, that a page was accessed that only existed for english speaking customers. Suggest the language back, as that's how they got there, lol.

Monika

Monika

absolutely, on the page displayed after you hit the box that only shows in English, add the same if statement for the whole content in the center space, and make an else statement where you add a textstring, defined in the french and spanish file, that a page was accessed that only existed for english speaking customers. Suggest the language back, as that's how they got there, lol.

Monika

Cool, Yeah what I did was that for the 2 language packs in their individual folders, I wrote - This is available only in English for the moment...

Works...

Thanks Monika ur a star !!!

Archived