• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

x-coin.com

NerioDavid

Here is my new online coin store:

http://www.x-coin.com/catalog.

First of all, the template was download from the contribution site of the OSC, I just think the color them is fit for a coin store.

Second, the live-support system was purchased from stardevelop.com. If anyone else used it, could you tell me if this product is good.

The site is ready to publish, even though the manufacturers fucntion somehow is turned to advanced search(I cut off the manufacturers block, if anyone can tell me how to correct it i will very appreciate). But I think the left and right column sometimes seem to be short since I move many things to the top nav links, and I don't konw if it is ok to use the template for I just tweak a little with the downloaded template. Also I'm not sure the text conten is fit for the store.

Any advice would be very appreciate.

As you have used a template, i doubt that you will get that many reviews. I could be proved wrong.

Firstly i cannot find a contact name and address. People need the reassurance that you can be contacted by another means than email.

You still have the silly oscommerce cartoony graphics, either change them are remove them. They lower the overall tone of your site.

In your create account page do you really need to know gender and date of birth. If you dont need them either make them not a required field, or remove. If you need them, explain why.

The only way i can find your privacy notice is by clicking on your site map. This policy is also blank.

On your advanced search page, you still have the search by date fields. Is this a usefull search. You should also alter your advanced search help text to something that is based on your store, not computers. It would look better for you. Also not too sure about the google search bar. Wont this drive people away from your store.

I am no designer but your box headers look terrible. IMHO it would look better if they matched your header and foorer bars. Also your buttons seem to look out of place. Why not have gold coloured ones or something else.

There that will do for now. I hope that this review has given you food for thought. I am sure that others will be along

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

As you have used a template, i doubt that you will get that many reviews.  I could be proved wrong.

Firstly i cannot find a contact name and address.  People  need the reassurance that you can be contacted by another means than email.

You still have the silly oscommerce cartoony graphics, either change them are remove them. They lower the overall tone of your site.

In your create account page do you really need to know gender and date of birth.  If you dont need them either make them not a required field, or remove.  If you need them, explain why.

The only way i can find your privacy notice is by clicking on your site map.  This policy is also blank.

On your advanced search page, you still have the search by date fields.  Is this a usefull search.  You should also alter your advanced search help text to something that is based on your store, not computers.  It would look better for you.  Also not too sure about the google search bar.  Wont this drive people away from your store.

I am no designer but your box headers look terrible.  IMHO it would look better if they matched your header and foorer bars.  Also your buttons seem to look out of place.  Why not have gold coloured ones or something else.

There that will do for now.  I hope that this review has given you food for thought.  I am sure that others will be along

Thank you very much for your advice. I'm very seriously considering the problems you point out now.

Thank for your help again.

• 10 months later...

takes too long to load the page and the column right has too many bestsellers Basically the column right is too long and everything else looks out of place as a result of it.

very stock but nice use of colours though

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Archived