• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sending HTML email via admin panel

MzBeanz

Is it possible to change the the native PHP mail() function to send out HTML emails?

I added a module to send out the neswletter in HTML but I want the email generated from the admin panel> tools> send email to be able to as well.

Thanks

Maddie

Is it possible to change the the native PHP mail() function to send out HTML emails?

I added a module to send out the neswletter in HTML but I want the email generated from the admin panel> tools> send email to be able to as well.

Thanks

Maddie

Hi Maddie,

not sure where the problem is ... I never changed the mail function, still my admin/tools sends out pretty html emails!

:-)

Monika

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Hi Maddie,

not sure where the problem is ... I never changed the mail function, still my admin/tools sends out pretty html emails!

Monika

HI Monika

I have it set to send HTML emails in the admin but i did add a module to enable me to send newsletters in html... When I choose send mail from tools I have a choice to send plain text or html via this module and when Ichoose html the email never gets to the person... any ideas?

Where in admin are you sending html emails? There are different places and maybe this is my problem?

maddie

HI Monika

I have it set to send HTML emails in the admin but i did add a module to enable me to send newsletters in html... When I choose send mail from tools I have a choice to send plain text or html via this module and when Ichoose html the email never gets to the person... any ideas?

Where in admin are you sending html emails? There are different places and maybe this is my problem?

maddie

Hmmm ... like I said I never added a module. I just added my web site templated to the text of the email, and of course I have html enabled. I did this in admin for all my email, when I create a new user, send a newsletter or a personal email through tools.

Monika

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived