• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Security Help

TraceyLB

I have a pink box at the top of my shop. I had my shop installed but for some reason I have not idea but it became uninstalled. I've did everything right since this is a new upgrade, but I have the following warning:

"Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: shop/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file."

I have searched and searched and tried a few things I have seen. Can someone please help me get rid of this so I can finish re-installing my shop.

Thanks,

Tracey

Go to your webhosting control panel (not the osCommerce control panel) and look for something called File Manager. Use that to navigate to your includes/configure.php file and use its facility to reset your file permissions.

On a Windows server set to 644, on a Linux box set to either 444 or 400.

Alternatively, if your sites is Unix/Linux hosted then you can FTP to your website, go to the file, right-click and select the 'chmod' option to set your file permissions.

Vger

Ok, thank you. I had to go into file manager and reset the permissions there. It would not let me do it via FTP. Now I'm just hoping everything else will work.

Thanks again for your help,

Tracey

Ok, I got things going but now when I go into admin I can't add products to the shop. I click on new product and I come up with a blank page. It just lists everything over on the side and nothing where it should be?

It seems that the database is working with the older version. Is there any easier way to get things over to the upgrade and not loose any information and be able to edit the store? Without having to do it all over again?

Thanks,

Tracey

Archived