• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding Images

Grevicci

Hello,

I'm trying to add images to the section that says "New Products for June." I uploaded my image but what file do I need to get into in order to add my image/picture and delete the other ones that are already there [in the New Product section]?

Thanks alot.

Grev

New products is automatically generated when you add new products to your store. You can not specify which products show up there.

If you want to be able to specify which items show up you should install the Featured Products contribution.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Hi Wendy.

I checked out your web site and it sure is a "model" web site. Your first page that has the pictures, you see, is what I'm trying to accomplish by changing the pictures on the first page of osCommerce. I want to be able to change pictures as I wish and not just have my "new products" cycle through by themselves. To achieve your first page [the picture part] what file do you have to change? I am also amazed how much people are willing to help! Hopefully, when I understand all of this, I'll be able to do something in return!

Thanks for your help.

Grev

I used a contribution called Featured Products for the images on the front page for the top 6 images.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,651

Works great. You just specify which items you want to show from the admin area. I just tweeked the code a little bit so it didn't have the heading.

The other stuff was all added by using a contribution called infopages unlimited which lets me easily edit the front page and all the links in my information box, but that can just be added by editing the catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

Thank you for the compliment. =) I am sure given time you will be able to accomplish everything you want to with your store.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Archived