The e-commerce.

Install fail at step 2

Macca

When I install osCommerce in step 2

alway pop the follow error.

Host 'localhost' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

Any professional guys, please advise.

Thanks you very much !

I'd take it at face value and check your connection info. Does your host allow you to connect to the local sql server or have they placed it on a different machine?

If your db IS indeed on the localhost drop them a line and remind them to give you permission to access your database. :-"

If it's neither of those there are a lot of posts about folks having problems with php5 and the process abruptly stopping at step 2 without any errors (not the problem as you describe it). Are you running php5?

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

I'd take it at face value and check your connection info. Does your host allow you to connect to the local sql server or have they placed it on a different machine?

If your db IS indeed on the localhost drop them a line and remind them to give you permission to access your database.  :-"

If it's neither of those there are a lot of posts about folks having problems with php5 and the process abruptly stopping at step 2 without any errors (not the problem as you describe it). Are you running php5?

Iggy

I running PHP4.3.11, I found out that if I input "localhost", Step 2 can be pass, I input computer name, it will pop the above message again.

I don't know what's goinf wrong !!!!

have any idea ?

Well, now I'm confused. If you put in localhost it works?

That's how it should work but aren't you describing the opposite problem in your first post? Localhost doesn't work?

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

Archived