Error log obtained in Apache : httpd-error.log

PHP Parse error: parse error, unexpected '(' , expecting ',' or ';' in

/usr/local/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/sessions.php on line33

DocumentRoot: /use/local/www/html/catalog

URL to invoke admin : http://localhost/admin

Action done today & yesterday:

I did the following but still unable to get the problem fixed;

1. Download the oscommerce-2.2ms2.tar.gz from www.oscommerce.com

2. Gunzip and tarball the package, then get the sessions.php extracted.

3. I use the 'Diff' unix command to compare the newly loaded sessions.php file and the old one. No difference found at all.

4. I tried using the new sessions.php and have it replaced the old one.

5. The symptom is the same as I got the same old error message in

httpd-error.log.

In fact , before I raised the issue to this forum, I did try using the package that sourced from www.oscommerce.com but with the same result as the package that sourced from FreeBSD standard port tree.

I did install the oscommerce last year on platform RedHat 9 and have

it up and running farily easily. I cant understand why it couldnt work

on FreeBSD ( I tried version 5.3 & 5.4 ) .

Though I'm not good at programming, it seems to me that line 33 doesnt with parse error as indicated in the error log for the file sessions.php.

I used to running my applications on FreeBSD and dont want to change

to other Linux/Unix distro simply because of Oscommerce. But I really want to get a working Oscommerce site shortly.

I've been browsing through google and yahoo for a while but not able to get too much hints to solve the said problem. Looks to me that majority of the people should get this 'admin' work fairly easily.

I'm much appreciated if someone could advise me what futher step I can do to identify the cause of this problem.. especially for those who are now running on FreeBSD 5.4 who can share his/her experience with me.

Many thanks/chengckk

Hi Mibble,

The DocumentRoot that I mentioned is in Apache's httpd.conf file. I worked well with the osCommerce main page (ie. Apache's DocumentRoot is now pointing to 'catalog' directory) . The only problem I have now is unable to get access to "Admin " page.

Can you please adv me specifically which file you are referreing to ?

Thanks /chengckk

use $DOCUMENT_ROOT for your document_root path, the one you are using is incorrect.

in your admin/includes/configure.php file if you have an incorrect setting for document_root you will never get to admin properly

OK, Perfect.

I have same problem but I guess I am too dense to understand what the right path of "document root " is.

I have FreeBSD 5.3, php4.3 and mysql 4.0.34.

What part of this path should I use for

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/usr/local/www/data/oscommerce/catalog/');

Just document root from httpd.conf?

Regards,

James

After change into 777

we have the follow error .

Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp\sess_0b2871588fcd9a5ebbb1ae16cf24db06, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php:67) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php:67) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

What's goinf wrong !

After change into 777

we have the follow error .

Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp\sess_0b2871588fcd9a5ebbb1ae16cf24db06, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

There are other threads on this... I think it has to do with whitespace at the top of your file!

For anyone who is now using FreeBSD 5.4 (or earlier version) and facing with similar problem, please try to install the php4-extensions port as mentioned hereunder. Hopefully, it should resolve the said problem.

QTE

Hi James,

Good news to you. I have fixed the problem and now able to clear up all error messages and be able to log into the admin screen.

Thanks for your message to trigger my thoughts that it's something related to BSD/PHP.

The problem is FreeBSD is now not loaded with extensions module. This explains why the session_write_close is not recognized.

Plesse install the port ' php4-extensions ' from the /usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions' directory.

Let me know the result upon completion of adding this modules to your system. Expect it should work! Good luck...

cheers/chengckk

QUOTE]FreeBSD 5.4.Apache 2.0.5 mysql 4.1 and php 4.3.....Does your catalog work....can you register, login?

I think the errors are related as both files are "sessions.php even though they are in different folders..but I am totally stuck....foilowed instructions to the letter....installed oscommerce from the ports collection first, then mysql server.

I installed phpmyadmin no problem!

James

UNQTE

My platform is :FreeBSD 5.4 ;Apache2.0.53 ; php4-4.3.10; MySQL 4.1.10

Symptom: Unable to get the "Admin" front page

Error log obtained in Apache : httpd-error.log

PHP Parse error: parse error, unexpected '(' , expecting ',' or ';' in

/usr/local/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/sessions.php on line33

DocumentRoot: /use/local/www/html/catalog

URL to invoke admin : http://localhost/admin

Action done today & yesterday:

I did the following but still unable to get the problem fixed;

1. Download the oscommerce-2.2ms2.tar.gz from www.oscommerce.com

2. Gunzip and tarball the package, then get the sessions.php extracted.

3. I use the 'Diff' unix command to compare the newly loaded sessions.php file and the old one. No difference found at all.

4. I tried using the new sessions.php and have it replaced the old one.

5. The symptom is the same as I got the same old error message in

httpd-error.log.

In fact , before I raised the issue to this forum, I did try using the package that sourced from www.oscommerce.com but with the same result as the package that sourced from FreeBSD standard port tree.

I did install the oscommerce last year on platform RedHat 9 and have

it up and running farily easily. I cant understand why it couldnt work

on FreeBSD ( I tried version 5.3 & 5.4 ) .

Though I'm not good at programming, it seems to me that line 33 doesnt with parse error as indicated in the error log for the file sessions.php.

I used to running my applications on FreeBSD and dont want to change

to other Linux/Unix distro simply because of Oscommerce. But I really want to get a working Oscommerce site shortly.

I've been browsing through google and yahoo for a while but not able to get too much hints to solve the said problem. Looks to me that majority of the people should get this 'admin' work fairly easily.

I'm much appreciated if someone could advise me what futher step I can do to identify the cause of this problem.. especially for those who are now running on FreeBSD 5.4 who can share his/her experience with me.

Many thanks/chengckk

Archived