• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove product images

cczernia

How do you remove images from products. I recently reset everything so that if a image is not entered it won't try and show it. However, I did enter some images that I no longer want to show. Is there a way to get rid of them?

Thanks in advance.

Shade and Sweet Water

Chris Czerniak

Oh okiez. Well you need to use an ftp client to do that. I use Filezilla. Its free. :) You'll login to ur ftp account and then in root/images directory the image is there. Just delete it. You can't delete it via the admin panel provided by osCommerce.

Hope that helps.

Oh okiez. Well you need to use an ftp client to do that. I use Filezilla. Its free. :) You'll login to ur ftp account and then in root/images directory the image is there. Just delete it. You can't delete it via the admin panel provided by osCommerce.

Hope that helps.

Not really. This deletes the uploaded image but doesn't tell OSC that their isn't an image there. Under "configuration/images" there is and option called "Image Requires." If set to false and if no image was uploaded you get a single line with no images. If set to true, or if you upload an image but delete it in the root/images folder it appears as a broken image.

Shade and Sweet Water

Chris Czerniak

Archived