• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Moving to new site setup

rdukes

Hello,

I am having issues with my current load after about one year of working ok. So I am thinking of loaded and update my site with new looks and new moduals.

My question I want to move all my:

Products, customers, orders, histories, ect... Is it possible to just move what I need and not the whole db. Since it will be all new shop with new setting.

I don't want to upload all Categories, products, ect.

Can someone tell me how to do the move over of cerntain items?

The settings are easy enough to change. I'd still move the entire store first, then make the changes. Dumping the entire db and loading it onto a new server is easier than trying to pull individual tables. Changing the look and feel of the site is independent of the db anyway (if that's what you meant). I think there should be some info in the knowledge base about db cleanup. The issue may be with your server and not your db. Sometimes you get lucky and get hosted on a fresh server and it fills up over time. The new sites begin to take more and more bandwidth and response time slows.

Hello,

I am having issues with my current load after about one year of working ok. So I am thinking of loaded and update my site with new looks and new moduals.

My question I want to move all my:

Products, customers, orders, histories, ect... Is it possible to just move what I need and not the whole db. Since it will be all new shop with new setting.

I don't want to upload all Categories, products, ect.

Can someone tell me how to do the move over of cerntain items?

When you say move are you moving to a new host \ server ?

If yes - then create a new store on the new infrastructure and export your database to the new one.

If no - then you will be either creating a new directory structure and loading a new store in there so advice as above holds true - or you will be modifying what you already have in which case your store modules will change as per your new requirements. In this instance your database need not change

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

• 2 weeks later...

I sorry I must have not made myself too clear. I am having issue with emails not going out anymore. Plus I want to do a fresh load of the shop. My old load has many mod added and i don't want to move all the tables in the db that goes to the mods i might not be installing again. So for example I want to load a shop with pre loaded mod, then all i want after is to moving my products, customers data, oder history, and all the important things i need to have in my new db.

i gues i can just move the old db and clean it up. it might ness up the fresh install load???

Archived