• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing Pic & Model Num for Options?

ratmarie

Is there a way to change the product picture and model number when an option is picked? My client sells bedspreads and such. When they choose a certain color, then she wants to show what that color looks like, and it's referenced with another number (her item numbers that she uses for inventory). She insists that the item numbers are with every product.

Considering one product can have from 2 to 10 different choices, I put the choices as options so I wouldn't have to enter a new product for every choice... but every choice has a different item number. Right now, I used the model as the item number, but this won't work unless there's a way to change that and the picture for each option.

Can this be done? Can anyone help me?

It can be done BUT there isn't a contribution that I know of currently that does it. It's probably fairly difficult judging from that.

I would think, just offhand, it would require some javascript, preloading all the images, and some major mucking about with something like Option Type Features to get it to fly.

Sigh... Someday...

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

Is there a way to change the product picture and model number when an option is picked?  My client sells bedspreads and such. When they choose a certain color, then she wants to show what that color looks like, and it's referenced with another number (her item numbers that she uses for inventory). She insists that the item numbers are with every product.

Considering one product can have from 2 to 10 different choices, I put the choices as options so I wouldn't have to enter a new product for every choice... but every choice has a different item number. Right now, I used the model as the item number, but this won't work unless there's a way to change that and the picture for each option.

Can this be done? Can anyone help me?

Not sure offhand about the model/item numbers, but that can be done. Just a matter of someone having the time to go about coding it. As for the pic thing, I have multiple pics for most of my items as well.

For the pics issue I'm using a the slideshow contrib which I've made some modifications to to get a couple things working as I like and to add some other functionality to it for my store. With it I can have an unlimited number of pics for a single item.. Just have to upload them to an item specific folder and the script automatically find them when the item's viewed (no need to add each pic to the database individually).

~James

Thanks. I was thinking about creating an animated gif, but your idea is better!

I was orignally thinking of adding something that if the product attibutes (there are 2-- size & color) = certain size & color, then display item# and Pic "A".

I'm thinking it should be just a simple javascript IF/Then, but then I get stumped with how to direct it to certain pics and item #s--not to mention where to find the place to add it in.

Well, I was hoping to avoid doing that because there's going to be about 100 products to start with and mostly, the options could repeat themselves if I can find a way to get the item # listed differently.

However, I did not know that you can put HTML code in your product description, so I have the different pictures all showing up at once! :thumbsup:

have you looked at the QTpro contribution ?

I think it might do the model and quantity tracking that your require (though it is not option based)

Similarly, master products does also some of that .

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

have you  looked at the QTpro contribution ?

I think it might do the model and quantity tracking that your require (though it  is not option based)

Similarly, master products does also some of that .

Where can I find those at? I've looked at some contributions, but there's so many, I got lost.

Archived