• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Does this contribution have the ability to add keewords/ metatags for each product

No. Not least as far as I am aware. For the title & meta tags, you need to install one of the contributions related to meta tags, or try the one I posted in the tips & tricks section (see the link in signature).

Ken

Edited by GemRock

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Does this contribution have the ability to add keewords/ metatags for each product.

sorry if this question sounds silly.

Noap, you are looking for the HTC contibution: you will find it here.

Non the less, this (Ultimate SEO) is a very important addon for a site.

Good luck,

Sharon.

Edited by sukarya

Installed contributions:

Ultimate_SEO, Article Manager 1.5, Dynamic SiteMap 2.0, Infopages, Google SiteMap XMl w/admin 2.1, HeaderTagControler 2.6.1, FCKosc 2.21, X-sell 2.3, Google Analytics Modul, All Products, Page Cache 1.5, EasyPopulate2.7d, Multi Product Manager 2.5, Define Main Page, and probably few others...

So what does this contribution do exactly. I still dont understand it...

As its name suggests, after you install it (correctly & it works), then url, which you & your visitors will see in the browser's address bar, will look like this (just one example):

http://yourdomain.com/this-product-name-p-1.html

when a product is click & shown in the product_info.php page, instead of the usual (w/o installation of this contrib) way:

http://yourdomain.com/product_info.php?products_id=1

It is believed the search engines like the new style of urls (hence the name SEO urls).

Ken

Edited by GemRock

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

Anoter small thing (maybe there is a connection) is that the Enable/disable the "Use Search Engin Safe URLs" for the googlesite map - if its not enabled, the site map will propagate as the cPath URLs and not by the category/product name...

Sharon,

A quick look at the code for googlesitemap/index.php shows two 'if' statements preceding the code for SEO URLs:

//if ( defined('SEO_URLS') && SEO_URLS == 'true' || defined('SEO_ENABLED') && SEO_ENABLED == 'true' ) {

and

if ( (SEARCH_ENGINE_FRIENDLY_URLS == 'true') ) {

Try reversing which of the two is commented out, like this:

if ((defined('SEO_URLS') && SEO_URLS == 'true') || (defined('SEO_ENABLED') && SEO_ENABLED == 'true')) {

(I added the extra parentheses, too.)

and

// if ( (SEARCH_ENGINE_FRIENDLY_URLS == 'true') ) {

Be sure to disable "Use search engine safe URLs (still in development)". As stonebridgecomputing said, having it enabled while using Ultimate SEO URLs "will break your site." By uncommenting the first line, the code is now looking to see if one or the other SEO option is enabled, then includes the supporting code.

It does beg the question why Chemo commented out the first line and used the second instead. So this one small change may not be enough to fix the compatibility of the two contributions, but it is a start.

-Skittles

For the most part Ultimate SEO seems to work but I am having problems with & special character appearing in odd places. I installed "Redirects shouldn't have &'s in them" add on and it helped but now I am having a problem with the "add to cart" button which looks like this:

Form

<form name="cart_quantity" action="http://www.waveridersgallery.com/catalog/foam-teeth-p-59.html?amp;action=add_product&action=add_product&action=add_product &osCsid=95df85e9e952169a8ca81a883716ddde" method="post">

Button

<input type="hidden" name="products_id" value="59"><input type="image" src="templates/Original/images/buttons/english/button_in_cart.gif" border="0" alt="Add to Cart" title=" Add to Cart " align="absmiddle">

Thanks for any help.

Shade and Sweet Water

Chris Czerniak

Sharon,

Be sure to disable "Use search engine safe URLs (still in development)". As stonebridgecomputing said, having it enabled while using Ultimate SEO URLs "will break your site." By uncommenting the first line, the code is now looking to see if one or the other SEO option is enabled, then includes the supporting code.

It does beg the question why Chemo commented out the first line and used the second instead. So this one small change may not be enough to fix the compatibility of the two contributions, but it is a start.

-Skittles

Thanks Skittles,

Have tried your changes, and few other things in this direction - Nada: the sitemap.xml still shows the url with the cPath instead of the SEO urls... (i guess ill need to enable the "Use search engine safe..." each time ill propagate the google site map...

Would love to hear more suggestions...

Regards,

Sharon.

Installed contributions:

Ultimate_SEO, Article Manager 1.5, Dynamic SiteMap 2.0, Infopages, Google SiteMap XMl w/admin 2.1, HeaderTagControler 2.6.1, FCKosc 2.21, X-sell 2.3, Google Analytics Modul, All Products, Page Cache 1.5, EasyPopulate2.7d, Multi Product Manager 2.5, Define Main Page, and probably few others...

Thanks Skittles,

Have tried your changes, and few other things in this direction - Nada: the sitemap.xml still shows the url with the cPath instead of the SEO urls... (i guess ill need to enable the "Use search engine safe..." each time ill propagate the google site map...

Would love to hear more suggestions...

Regards,

Sharon.

Sharon,

A little more poking around finds the same line commented out in the sitemap.class.php. Try making the change in both files. (Start with the original index file, just to be safe... :) )

Note to all: Having multiple versions of this contribution archived on my computer, I noticed that earlier versions put the files in their own directory, googlesitemap. Version "Google XML Sitemap - Admin 2.1" does not, and it includes the class file in the catalog directory. Future versions may correct this, putting the class file in the classes directory.

In sitemap.class.php, look for:

function hrefLink($page, $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id) {
	//if ( defined('SEO_URLS') && SEO_URLS == 'true' || defined('SEO_ENABLED') && SEO_ENABLED == 'true' ) {
	if ( (SEARCH_ENGINE_FRIENDLY_URLS == 'true') ) {
		return tep_href_link($page, $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id);
	} else {
		return $this->base_url . $page . '?' . $parameters;
	}
} # end function

and change it to:

function hrefLink($page, $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id) {
	if ( defined('SEO_URLS') && SEO_URLS == 'true' || defined('SEO_ENABLED') && SEO_ENABLED == 'true' ) {
//		if ( (SEARCH_ENGINE_FRIENDLY_URLS == 'true') ) {
		return tep_href_link($page, $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id);
	} else {
		return $this->base_url . $page . '?' . $parameters;
	}
} # end function

Without changing it here, the code only used the modified tep_href_link function when SEARCH_ENGINE_FRIENDLY_URLS was set to true.

Please let us all know if that fixes it.

Thanks,

-Skittles

When I install Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2.1c the orders do not come in my admin

and new customers I only get the name in the ADMIN not there address and the rest..

It seems that the SEO_URLs brakes the connection with the ADM

Can some one please help me, I tried installing over and over again

For the most part Ultimate SEO seems to work but I am having problems with & special character appearing in odd places. I installed "Redirects shouldn't have &'s in them" add on and it helped but now I am having a problem with the "add to cart" button which looks like this:

Form

<form name="cart_quantity" action="http://www.waveridersgallery.com/catalog/foam-teeth-p-59.html?amp;action=add_product&action=add_product&action=add_product &osCsid=95df85e9e952169a8ca81a883716ddde" method="post">

Button

<input type="hidden" name="products_id" value="59"><input type="image" src="templates/Original/images/buttons/english/button_in_cart.gif" border="0" alt="Add to Cart" title=" Add to Cart " align="absmiddle">

Thanks for any help.

cczernia,

In the footer of your catalog pages, you indicate "Powered by Oscommerce Cre-Loaded and hosted by..."

There may be something going on with the Cre-Loaded version of osCommerce you are using that is causing the issue. Have you tried searching/asking for help in the CRE Loaded Support Forum? (Their support forum is free.)

Good Luck.

-Skittles

Hi everyone

I've installed Ultimate SEO Contrib and at the first view it seems it's all OK in the admin part.

I need help please I'm stuck int this issue. I've read forums but still didn't solve my problem with Ultimate SEO's Contribution on my site.

When I enable SEO's my page link looks like that:

http://www.orbitalcomputers.ro/catalog/plottere.c69.html?osCsid=pbmd3gn13akhltp84jkrh07tl2'>http://www.orbitalcomputers.ro/catalog/plottere.c69.html?osCsid=pbmd3gn13akhltp84jkrh07tl2

and got error 404.

I don't know why it is not showed like:

http://www.orbitalcomputers.ro/catalog/plottere.c69.html

Below is my .htaccess file:

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Pleas help me guys...

I don't know how to solve it.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

When I enable SEO's my page link looks like that:

http://www.orbitalcomputers.ro/catalog/plottere.c69.html?osCsid=pbmd3gn13akhltp84jkrh07tl2'>http://www.orbitalcomputers.ro/catalog/plottere.c69.html?osCsid=pbmd3gn13akhltp84jkrh07tl2

and got error 404.

I don't know why it is not showed like:

http://www.orbitalcomputers.ro/catalog/plottere.c69.html

Below is my .htaccess file: [excerpt]

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Addme,

Assuming the URL you list above was copied from your browser location, the problem is a mismatch between what is in your seo.class.php file and your .htaccess file.

It looks like you changed the class file without changing the corresponding RewriteRule. Try changing it to:

RewriteRule ^(.*).c(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

The "?osCsid=pbmd3gn13akhltp84jkrh07tl2" is the session id. It is not causing the 404 error. (The session id shouldn't be visible if cookies are enabled.)

-Skittles

When I install Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2.1c the orders do not come in my admin

and new customers I only get the name in the ADMIN not there address and the rest..

It seems that the SEO_URLs brakes the connection with the ADM

Can some one please help me, I tried installing over and over again

lenno,

A little more information would be helpful. :)

1. Is this the only contribution added to the default installation?
  2. Is your version of osCommerce provided by another entity, such as part of a template package, or CRE Loaded?
  3. Is the site online where we can view it? If so, what is the catalog URL?

-Skittles

Addme,

Assuming the URL you list above was copied from your browser location, the problem is a mismatch between what is in your seo.class.php file and your .htaccess file.

It looks like you changed the class file without changing the corresponding RewriteRule. Try changing it to:

RewriteRule ^(.*).c(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

The "?osCsid=pbmd3gn13akhltp84jkrh07tl2" is the session id. It is not causing the 404 error. (The session id shouldn't be visible if cookies are enabled.)

-Skittles

I've done that Skit, but still nothing changed...

lenno,

A little more information would be helpful. :)

1. Is this the only contribution added to the default installation?
  2. Is your version of osCommerce provided by another entity, such as part of a template package, or CRE Loaded?
  3. Is the site online where we can view it? If so, what is the catalog URL?

-Skittles

1 No it not installed on the default installation. I have been building it for 5 moths now contribution installed;

Header tags.

Articles v1.5_1

ship2pay

order editor

tinymce

WishList

2 No template package, or CRE Loaded.

3 Yes www.rcplace.nl catalog is in the root(but is called httpdocs)

1 No it not installed on the default installation. I have been building it for 5 moths now contribution installed;

Header tags.

Articles v1.5_1

ship2pay

order editor

tinymce

WishList

2 No template package, or CRE Loaded.

3 Yes www.rcplace.nl catalog is in the root(but is called httpdocs)

Lenno,

Do you have Ultimate SEO URLs enabled?

I went to your site, and found URLs that look like normal osc URLs:

But I also found URLs that look like "Use search engine safe URLs (still in development)" is enabled:

On top of that, some of the URLs had session ids and some did not.

I didn't see one URL that looked like it was generated by Ultimate SEO URLs.

It seems strange to me that the URLs vary like this. Are some of the links hard-coded?

I created an account. I checked my information. I logged off, logged back on, and checked my information again. It's all there, so the customer information is being saved to the database. I added a product to my cart and went as far as the confirmation page. I didn't see any evidence that this is NOT a live site, so I did not complete the order.

Based on your complaint, (Orders don't show up in Admin, and Full customer data is not showing in Admin,) my guess is you have managed to remove or change the database queries from one of the files supporting the Admin.

Assuming you backed up all your files before installing this contribution, I recommend you replace all the files modified for this mod with the backed up files. Then verify that none of your complaints occur.

Then we'll see what we can do from there.

-Skittles

Hello everyone,

Is here anyone who got this SEO working? Please let me know. I've found that here are 2 threads and the each of those 2 threads has more than 70 pages on it. But I can't see a solution.

I've tried a lot of hints here but nothing is changed to my site. I think the problem is in tha html_output.php file.

Hello everyone,

Is here anyone who got this SEO working? Please let me know. I've found that here are 2 threads and the each of those 2 threads has more than 70 pages on it. But I can't see a solution.

I've tried a lot of hints here but nothing is changed to my site. I think the problem is in tha html_output.php file.

Addme,

I have this working online. I couldn't get it to work on my development server, which is an XAMPP install on my Windoze computer. The osCommerce area of the online site is still under development, but the Ultimate SEO URLs is working perfectly. (If you want to poke around, I'll pm you the url. It's not ready for "prime time" and I don't want the SEs in there...)

I went back to your site and followed a link to one of the categories. I got the 404 error code, so I tried going to the catalog by entering the osc normal url: http://www.orbitalcomputers.ro/catalog/index.php?cPath=23. This was converted to the Ultimate SEO URLs equivalent, and generated the 404 error. This is the same problem I have on my XAMPP server, where I was never able to get mod_rewrite to work.

Have you contacted your host and verified that mod_rewrite is enabled? If they have it disabled, you'll never get this working.

-Skittles

...I think the problem is in tha html_output.php file.

The html_output.php file is the least to cause problem. Assuming you installed this contrib correctly, then you'd have a good reason to look at your hosting server - SEO contrib simply won't work on some servers.

BTW, there's tons of people whos installed this contrib and got it working first time. It is one of easiest contribs to install.

Ken

Have you contacted your host and verified that mod_rewrite is enabled? If they have it disabled, you'll never get this working.

-Skittles

:) Skitt, I'm glad you try to help m soving my problem. I'm noob here. That ideea you gav me with mod_rewrite make me be more hopefull and confident to this forum. :)

I'll ask my host about it. Thanks for your support.

hey everyone im trying to install this mod and i get page can not be displayed when i click a category or product, any ideas?

also if i go into the admin cpanel and click categories it displayes

1054 - Unknown column 'cd.categories_seo_url' in 'field list'

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, cd.categories_seo_url, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified from categories c, categories_description cd where c.parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name

[TEP STOP]

any ideas what i have done wrong?

Visit my website in my profile for prices on woodburning stoves

Lenno,

Do you have Ultimate SEO URLs enabled?

I went to your site, and found URLs that look like normal osc URLs:

But I also found URLs that look like "Use search engine safe URLs (still in development)" is enabled:

On top of that, some of the URLs had session ids and some did not.

I didn't see one URL that looked like it was generated by Ultimate SEO URLs.

It seems strange to me that the URLs vary like this. Are some of the links hard-coded?

I created an account. I checked my information. I logged off, logged back on, and checked my information again. It's all there, so the customer information is being saved to the database. I added a product to my cart and went as far as the confirmation page. I didn't see any evidence that this is NOT a live site, so I did not complete the order.

Based on your complaint, (Orders don't show up in Admin, and Full customer data is not showing in Admin,) my guess is you have managed to remove or change the database queries from one of the files supporting the Admin.

Assuming you backed up all your files before installing this contribution, I recommend you replace all the files modified for this mod with the backed up files. Then verify that none of your complaints occur.

Then we'll see what we can do from there.

-Skittles

Thanks for looking.

Yes, the shop is working at the moment (without SEO).

But if I install SEO I get the problem, tried it 3 times now. And uninstalled it again so costumers can buy again. SEO works great, good urls only the connection with the admin. Do you now were it can go wrong?

"Use search engine safe URLs (still in development)" is enabled

Yes I am using them because of the urls are ranked at google. But its not compatible with Ideal eseay, that wy I want SEO CHemo it works good with Ideal and google links the old urls. Its perfecrt only the link with the admin?

Nope no hard-coded, maybe because still in development?