• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

osCsid=13282b90065e4dbc4b228c97d020d4ab]

How do I fix this problem please?

Well if you are refering to the osCsid= and the numbers that follow you should read the support thread a few pages back as that question was answered by me on the 22nd November 2006.

You apply the November 2005 update and the 060817 update by clicking HERE

That will kill your session ID's

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hello Nossum,

Please try:

if (SEO_ENABLED == 'true' or (SEO_ENABLED != 'true' and SEO_ENABLED != 'false')) {
include_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'seo.class.php');
if ( !is_object($seo_urls) )
{
  $seo_urls = new SEO_URL($languages_id);
}
 }

Cheers,

Emmett

Emmett Hi

I wondered whether this was the answer to my problem a couple of posts back (1164)

Unfortunately when I implemented it I got

// Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1
if (SEO_ENABLED == 'true' or !isset(SEO_ENABLED)) {
  if ( !is_object($seo_urls) ){
	}
}

I found that if I removed the spaces in the third line of code between the brackets it works ok

// Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1
if (SEO_ENABLED == 'true') {
  if (!is_object($seo_urls)){
	}
}

Does this make sense?

Unfortunately it wasn't the source of my problem - I think I am going back to square one and start from scratch

Thank you

Nossum

Your online success is Paramount.

I didn't have those application top problems even though I applied Randalia's fix.... hmm wonder why?

Now getting posts asking why people are not getting error messages....... :blink: ..... :thumbsup:

Edited by yesudo

if (SEO_ENABLED == 'true' or (SEO_ENABLED != 'true' and SEO_ENABLED != 'false')) {
if ( !is_object($seo_urls) )
{
}
 }

Cheers,

Emmett

O MY!

What a difference a { makes - why couldnt I have seen that darnit!

Emmett now I have admin and the front end is nearly there - but.... (I use that a lot since I got into this!)

The shop comes up but then when you select a product you get just a blank screen and the url shows

When I look in the add/edit product from the catalog file there is no SEO enhancement. I wonder therefore if I have installed some code error that is also affecting the screen - I will re create the catalog.php file tomorrow. There is a lot of code changes in there so theres a good possibility of an error

I also wonder whether I need to look at Chooch's guidance

Well if you are refering to the osCsid= and the numbers that follow you should read the support thread a few pages back as that question was answered by me on the 22nd November 2006.

Tomorrow!

Emmett thank you for your help and guidance and to Chemo for his contribution

Respect

Nossum

Now getting posts asking why people are not getting error messages....... :blink: ..... :thumbsup:

heeeheee :P

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hi,

Thank you very much for the help. My oscommerce is upto date. I double checked it again, it has updates from the November 2005 update and 060817, but I am still getting the same problem.

Any other suggestions please? Thank you very much

Sabrina

Hi,

Thank you very much for the help. My oscommerce is upto date. I double checked it again, it has updates from the November 2005 update and 060817, but I am still getting the same problem.

Any other suggestions please? Thank you very much

Sabrina

Ok, I'll answer my own question. I changed Force Cookie Use to True (previously was false). It started working. Can someone please confirm that it's correct that if one sets the Force Cookie Use to true, urls will not have osCsid, whereas if it's false, osCsid will appear?

Thank you very much

Sabrina

O MY!

What a difference a { makes - why couldnt I have seen that darnit!

Emmett now I have admin and the front end is nearly there - but.... (I use that a lot since I got into this!)

Folks I am trying to wind this back to the begining and reinstall from scratch

I have reset all files. Reset the database, cleared the cache in the database, but I still get SEO URLS appearing in the admin section. Am I correct in thinking this must exist in the TMP folder still? I yes how do I kill it please?

Thank you

Nossum

Folks I am trying to wind this back to the begining and reinstall from scratch

I have reset all files. Reset the database, cleared the cache in the database, but I still get SEO URLS appearing in the admin section. Am I correct in thinking this must exist in the TMP folder still? I yes how do I kill it please?

Thank you

Nossum

You 'still get SEO URLS appearing in the admin section' ?

You 'still get SEO URLS appearing in the admin section' ?

Hi Emmett

I thought I had reset everything - got rid of files reinstalled original, sorted database, clear cache in database etc ie everything to a pre SEO condition and I still have an entry in admin. I would have done an image but I am not sure how I upload an image file here (blush)

:blush:

I can drop you a mail with an image to your site if you wish

It has some operability albeit with error messages so I wondered if it still existed in the tmp folder

Thank you

Nossum

Are you using this contribution ?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1862

I think he is refering to the Configuration details still being in the database for Ultimate SEO URL's.

Nossum, you will need to manually go into the database (using phpmyadmin or something like that), and remove the database changes that this contrib makes, in order to completely remove it.

However, it probably wont be needed anyway - just re-install the files and all should be good.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Emmett

I thought I had reset everything - got rid of files reinstalled original, sorted database, clear cache in database etc ie everything to a pre SEO condition and I still have an entry in admin. I would have done an image but I am not sure how I upload an image file here (blush)

:blush:

I can drop you a mail with an image to your site if you wish

It has some operability albeit with error messages so I wondered if it still existed in the tmp folder

Thank you

Nossum

Hello Nossum,

What do you mean by sorted database ?

Cheers,

Emmett

Hello Nossum,

What do you mean by sorted database ?

Cheers,

Emmett

What's that game called where someone has a word written on a card, along with a list of words they are not allowed to say (related to that word), and they have to describe it to us, and we need to try and guess what they are trying to say?

:S

What's that game called where someone has a word written on a card, along with a list of words they are not allowed to say (related to that word), and they have to describe it to us, and we need to try and guess what they are trying to say?

Im lost trying to work out the game?

Im lost trying to work out what the sorted database is supposed to be?

Im without a scooby on both.

CHOOCH

Stu,

I think you got it right. It must be a scoobie Snack. So now, if Nossum removes the scoobie Snack from his database, all should be working well.

hmmm.... scoobie snacks

Hahahahaha :D

On a serious note, does anyone have any ideas as to what the sorted databse could mean so we can try help Nossum out

CHOOCH

Hahahahaha :D

On a serious note, does anyone have any ideas as to what the sorted databse could mean so we can try help Nossum out

C'mon on now guys have a heart ! your giving a sensitive little soul a real hard time!!

Given the amount of abuse my test system has taken I have no doubt there is something unmentionable hanging around there somewhere - scoobie snacks and WORSE!

Hmm now calm down take another sip where were we?

What I am trying to tell you (in a very obtuse way) is that I think I have set the files back to where they were before I installed SEO and I have removed the SEO fields in the database and manually removed whats in the cache table which was three entries that referred to SEO. So I cannot explain why SEO in its entirety still appears in the admin. Does that explain things?

hee hee hee ! no worries I've got broad shoulders!! :thumbsup:

So I cannot explain why SEO in its entirety still appears in the admin.

did you back-up the database? And revert back to the pre-SQL one?

CHOOCH

Hi,

I did a search on my site, and I found several of my products have 'pid' in them, but they are working without any problem at all.

Which 2.1d did you install? Install the one that is titled Chemos official 2.1d that I uploaded in the contrib area. That is a better one.

Regards,

Chris

I've just installed this version:

Ultimate SEO URLs - 2.1d with optional Admin settable Product and Category URLs yesudo 29thNov2006

I've had a few problems so far but I think I'm moving in the right direction. I currently have a 404 error as follows:

Not Found

The requested URL /buy-car-accessories/car-care-c-4138.html was not found on this server.

Should I ditch this version of SEO URLs or is there a simple fix for the problem I currently have?

Kind regs, Simon.

Best regs,

Simon.

did you back-up the database? And revert back to the pre-SQL one?

Hi Chooch

Sorry had to go and work...

I did back up but did not revert to that - I deleted the SEO changes to the tables and removed the cached table entries

I will try a restore and see what happens

Cheers & thank you

Nossum

I've just installed this version:

Ultimate SEO URLs - 2.1d with optional Admin settable Product and Category URLs yesudo 29thNov2006

I've had a few problems so far but I think I'm moving in the right direction. I currently have a 404 error as follows:

Not Found

The requested URL /buy-car-accessories/car-care-c-4138.html was not found on this server.

Should I ditch this version of SEO URLs or is there a simple fix for the problem I currently have?

Kind regs, Simon.

I too am having the same issue since installing the latest release today. I am only testing at the moment, so this is a good time to iron out all of these annoying little errors. Unfortunately, I do not have much SQL experience and am in need of help! :'(

My path relates to the quote as above - http://www.website.com/test-c-35.html

I'm a noob at the osc thing after changing from joomla (also a great cms but support for carts is v. limited. Any help appreciated. Thanks! :)

Edited by omgula