• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Can anyone tell me what version to install , the contrib section is very confusing. I've tried various versions and upgrades and i'm not having much luck. Some of the packages don't seem to be complete , where earlier versions had files to run to install the database settings , others don't ?

If it makes any difference i'm running PHP Version 5.1.6

If anyone can tell me which package or packages to install i'd be grateful :)

The database installer is part of the contribution - not an extra file:

'Call your store in your favorite browser! The contribution should be functional out of the box and all database settings will be installed automatically on first page request. The contribution has an intelligent database installer that detects whether the proper settings are present and if not will install them.'

Edited by yesudo

Your online success is Paramount.

Can anyone tell me what version to install , the contrib section is very confusing. I've tried various versions and upgrades and i'm not having much luck. Some of the packages don't seem to be complete , where earlier versions had files to run to install the database settings , others don't ?

If it makes any difference i'm running PHP Version 5.1.6

If anyone can tell me which package or packages to install i'd be grateful :)

It's simple - just instal the latest version, it works like a treat!

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I got a strange problem. Until recently (few days ok all was fine and I got my products to list

as

/catalog/this-is-my-product-p-3145.html

Now all the sudden i only get

/catalog/-p-3145.html

Any idea as to what could have happened. I saw this problem discussed somewhere but I simply could not trace the topic so apologize if this is a repeat question. :blush:

Thanks

BB

I got a strange problem. Until recently (few days ok all was fine and I got my products to list

as

/catalog/this-is-my-product-p-3145.html

Now all the sudden i only get

/catalog/-p-3145.html

Any idea as to what could have happened. I saw this problem discussed somewhere but I simply could not trace the topic so apologize if this is a repeat question. :blush:

Thanks

BB

Hi,

Have you tried resetting the SEO Cache? I would give that a try first.

Regards,

Chris

Re Cache rest. Thats what I thought and yes, I did that. it had no effect.

BB

I noticed that the field "products_seo_url" in table "products_description" is empty for all my products. Is that not the place where the SEo URL is being stored???

Very strange. How do i get oscommerce to put the right link in there ? :huh:

Many thanks for your help

That is for putting your own url in there - if not populated then the url is generated dynamically.

Thanks, understood. I of course wnat it to be generated dynamically. So back to square one. No clue why it doesnt do it :'(

Thanks, understood. I of course wnat it to be generated dynamically. So back to square one. No clue why it doesnt do it :'(

Hi,

Try installing Chemo's Official 2.1d version that I put in the contrib area, and then let me know if it works.

Regards,

Chris

Sounds like a possible mysql issue - has your host upgraded you to mysql 5.xx ? or are you on mysql 5.xx ?

Your online success is Paramount.

Hiya!!

I have a question...

I installed Ultimate SEO (great mod, btw.. thanks!) and everything worked fine!

But, when I tried to install Discount Coupons and/or CCGV, I had issues with the "red-banner" type of error messages. Each time a customer triggered one of these error messages... the customer was kicked out of osC and locked out - until he closed out his browser.

I tracked it down.. to Ultimate's re-write of the tep_href_link function. When I commented out Ultimate's version.. all was fine with the other mods...

1. Has anyone else experienced this? (or is it just me and my version 4.3.11)

2. Is there something I can do to make these more compatible?

3. Am I screwed with SE optimization if I let the original tep_href_link run??

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Nancy

Hiya!!

I have a question...

I installed Ultimate SEO (great mod, btw.. thanks!) and everything worked fine!

But, when I tried to install Discount Coupons and/or CCGV, I had issues with the "red-banner" type of error messages. Each time a customer triggered one of these error messages... the customer was kicked out of osC and locked out - until he closed out his browser.

I tracked it down.. to Ultimate's re-write of the tep_href_link function. When I commented out Ultimate's version.. all was fine with the other mods...

1. Has anyone else experienced this? (or is it just me and my version 4.3.11)

2. Is there something I can do to make these more compatible?

3. Am I screwed with SE optimization if I let the original tep_href_link run??

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Nancy

Update: Ok.. I installed the 2.1d From May 11, 2006 ------ but I wrongly assumed that the contributions before it were installed with it...... specifically edgecrush3r's fixed: redirect & Param of May 9

That patch fixed the errors I was getting.

So.. if anyone uses Discount Coupons or either of the CCGV's.. you need that patch installed!

-Nancy

Sounds like a possible mysql issue - has your host upgraded you to mysql 5.xx ? or are you on mysql 5.xx ?

No, I'm on MySQL 4.0.24. A bit lost hear to be honest :'(

Hi,

Try installing Chemo's Official 2.1d version that I put in the contrib area, and then let me know if it works.

Regards,

Chris

I would't dare using anything BUT the official version of our SEO god Chemo :D

I would't dare using anything BUT the official version of our SEO god Chemo :D

The good news for you my friend is that in all probability, it is human error. The code will not cause any issues.

I hope you figure it out soon.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

The good news for you my friend is that in all probability, it is human error. The code will not cause any issues.

I hope you figure it out soon.

Thanks mate - I havent given up hope. The strange thing just is that it used to work and now decides that it doesnt want no longer... I am just not sure that this only happens after I once cleared my cache. is there any way I can "force" SEO URL to rebuild that cache?

Yes you are using the wrong version. As I have stated MANY times, use Chemo's Official 2.1d that I put in the contrib area. Do NOT use any other version unless you have a specific need that it will fix (as it is likely to cause other things to stop working).

Chemo's official version is the only one that people on here seem to use without problem, whereas there seems to be MANY people who have had problems with the other versions.

Regards,

Chris

I have tried both versions (original 2.1.d posted 11.05.2006 and the version of Yesudo posted on 31.10.2006). Unfortunately netiher one of them fixed the issue I have (refer to page 53, posts #1049 + #1053).

Does anyone have any other suggestions because I really want to keep using Ultimate SEO but also the payment module?

Because I'm not a PHP guru, am not sure where to look. The changes made for the payment module are only made to the checkout_* pages. on the other hand, someone made the point that SEO doesn't impact these pages because it only impacts those listed in the htaccess file in root directory.

Strange ...

I have tried both versions (original 2.1.d posted 11.05.2006 and the version of Yesudo posted on 31.10.2006). Unfortunately netiher one of them fixed the issue I have (refer to page 53, posts #1049 + #1053).

Does anyone have any other suggestions because I really want to keep using Ultimate SEO but also the payment module?

Because I'm not a PHP guru, am not sure where to look. The changes made for the payment module are only made to the checkout_* pages. on the other hand, someone made the point that SEO doesn't impact these pages because it only impacts those listed in the htaccess file in root directory.

Strange ...

PM me with your URL and demo login username/password

CHOOCH

Hi there,

i just installed the contrib. I think it works good, this is my website

But i do have some question. For installing this mod i downloaded the yesudo 31 october file.

But there are several install instruction. I used the catalog.diff file (date 13-6-2006) for installing this contrib.

I noticed the install.html is dated later (11-09-2006). So my question should i install again using the html installation + additional installation.txt (looks like this adds much more code).

What is added when i install the contrib this way?

I do hope someone can help me.

Best regards,

Emiel