• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

If some strings are added to your URL during teh checkout, they are less likely put by this contrib.

Could you give us an example of what is added?

Hi pixclinic,

thanks for your feedback.

let me explain in a little bit more detail.

I've a payment module (used by Dutch banks) created called Ideal Easy. This payment option appears on the checkout_payment page. Once it's selected it will generate a string on the checkout_success page together with a button that the customer needs to click on that will transfer to the secured site of the bank.

I've tested three scenarios.

SEO enabled and in admin config "search engine safe urls" disabled

Selected during checkout process the payment option Ideal Easy; string of checkout_confirmation looks like this: /checkout_confirmation.php?osCsid=ea77c2dceaa7ab9e9522bce74f304748

click on confirm order button: brings to empty shopping cart page (message: Your shopping cart is empty):

/shopping_cart.php?osCsid=3e388a54393878636fa4e6ceedf18b24

Result: wrong.

SEO disabled and in admin config "search engine safe urls" disabled also

Selected during checkout process the payment option Ideal Easy; string of checkout_confirmation looks like this:

/checkout_confirmation.php?osCsid=80b9ed917e3635a29ddeae3d699c1962

click on confirm order button:

/checkout_success.php?idealeasy=NTUuN3w0YWU4OTEwYWRhMmQzNTJhNTk3MjJmMjRiZWQxMTEwOXwxOTI=&osCsid=80b9ed917e3635a29ddeae3d699c1962

Result: GOOD ! Process works 100% ok.

SEO enabled and in admin config "search engine safe urls" enabled also

Selected during checkout process the payment option Ideal Easy; string of checkout_confirmation looks like this:

/checkout_confirmation.php?osCsid=d76bc411c04c862ce7b1f642366b300a

click on confirm order button: order created successfully but without the payment module activated (a button should appear on the success page and the string should appear):

/checkout_success.php/idealeasy/NTUuN3w0YWU4OTEwYWRhMmQzNTJhNTk3MjJmMjRiZWQxMTEwOXwxOTM/?osCsid=d76bc411c04c862ce7b1f642366b300a

The checkout_success page appears ok and order is created but without the Ideal Easy button and without the additional string!

Result: wrong.

So, it seems to me that the SEO is causing the problem.

That's why I'm looking for a workaround as I really would like to keep using both SEO urls and Ideal Easy.

Hope this gives you some more background.

I would appreciate your feedback!

So, it seems to me that the SEO is causing the problem.

That's why I'm looking for a workaround as I really would like to keep using both SEO urls and Ideal Easy.

Does the problem appear if you use v2.1d of chemo's original version? Or are you having problems once Emmett's version is added?

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I'm using the latest version posted by yesudo, however, howmuch ever i try, I cant get it to install. Basically the installer is not working, and it's not adding the Admin Configuration items.

I have PHP 4.4 and MySQL 4.1.21, mod_rewrite is enabled on the server...

But the admin options just won't appear..

I have even replaced all the files that were supposed to be edited with the files given in the archive.. it still does not work..

Has anybody had the same problem, or does anybody know how to solve this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jack

Converge

I used zip file Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2-2.1e.zip.

Do you think this is the wrong version ?

Yes you are using the wrong version. As I have stated MANY times, use Chemo's Official 2.1d that I put in the contrib area. Do NOT use any other version unless you have a specific need that it will fix (as it is likely to cause other things to stop working).

Chemo's official version is the only one that people on here seem to use without problem, whereas there seems to be MANY people who have had problems with the other versions.

Regards,

Chris

Yes you are using the wrong version. As I have stated MANY times, use Chemo's Official 2.1d that I put in the contrib area. Do NOT use any other version unless you have a specific need that it will fix (as it is likely to cause other things to stop working).

Chemo's official version is the only one that people on here seem to use without problem, whereas there seems to be MANY people who have had problems with the other versions.

Regards,

Chris

Bassie: Thought so.... That 2.1d version works best. Use that or yesudo's latest update because it really takes SEO URL's to a new level.

jackanderson: There is nothing wrong with yesudo's latest update. I added it to a fresh osC install as well as a heavily modified one - it works fine.

The instructions are very simple. Keeping that in mind even I made an error and got stumped when I accidently added my catalog/includes/functions/general file to the admin section! It happens to us all from time to time.

Just retrace your steps and make sure you added all the backed up files where they belong and start again.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

HELP please !!! :) I get this error when i try to edit any products Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_products_seo_url() /hsphere/local/home/****/******/admin/categories.php on line 611 (see below)

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_SEO_URL; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_seo_url[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', (isset($products_seo_url[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_seo_url[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_seo_url($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

I also get the following error when trying to edit a categorie, Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_category_seo_url() in /hsphere/local/home/*****/*******/admin/categories.php on line 1157

for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) {

$category_seo_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('categories_seo_url[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', tep_get_category_seo_url($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']));

}

apart from this all seems to be working fine my site is quite heavily modified but don`t want this error to stop me using this great contrib.

Edited by ShaGGy

DOH!!! :thumbsup:

Didn`t add the general.php bit from the additional_install.txt

Thanks yesudo works a treet now :D

I know the feeling, I have done it too!

Anyway, what a fantastic contribution.

CHOOCH

jackanderson: There is nothing wrong with yesudo's latest update. I added it to a fresh osC install as well as a heavily modified one - it works fine.

The instructions are very simple. Keeping that in mind even I made an error and got stumped when I accidently added my catalog/includes/functions/general file to the admin section! It happens to us all from time to time.

Just retrace your steps and make sure you added all the backed up files where they belong and start again.

I retraced my steps multiple times... even tried installing 2.1 d... nothing works... no SEO'd URL's, basically, it just won't auto install...

is there someway i can debug the database installer in seo.class.php to see why it isn't instaling... does this generate an error log????

and yeah.. i've done the additional instructions as well... for the yesudo one that is.....

i'm so lost with this...

Edited by jackanderson

Converge

I retraced my steps multiple times... even tried installing 2.1 d... nothing works... no SEO'd URL's, basically, it just won't auto install...

is there someway i can debug the database installer in seo.class.php to see why it isn't instaling... does this generate an error log????

and yeah.. i've done the additional instructions as well... for the yesudo one that is.....

i'm so lost with this...

I've not used the autoinstaller, why not manually text-diff the files? It isn't hard at all.

CHOOCH

There seems to be a problem with this latest version from Yesudo (Emmett) which was addressed for the earlier release from Chemo.

Randalia posted a fix in the SEO URL's contribution downloads on 7th November 2005, I actually used that code to fix the problem but with this new version the fix doesn't seem to work.

When SEO URL's are turned 'off' in admin, the catalog/store stops working. Anyone have any clues as to how go about fixing this?

Thanks

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

Yes I re-tried it and it does seem to work.

CHOOCH

i have a big problem here ... all my products page suddently doenst work ...page not found ...what should i do ?

plz help

this is my URL www.woofwoofland.com

go back to your admin and activate the SEO URL's and your site will show all products...

once you are happy with that, add randalia's 7th november fix and everything will show whether SEO's are on or off.

CHOOCH

go back to your admin and activate the SEO URL's and your site will show all products...

once you are happy with that, add randalia's 7th november fix and everything will show whether SEO's are on or off.

i tried ..... it still doesnt work ..im worry now ... any other suggestion plz ..

* now the SEO URL is ON.

Edited by chongordon

Puppy Clothes by WoofWoofLand