• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

hi chris - thanks for the reply. yep, tried the default ' / ' as well - no luck. will let you know if i figure it out.

apologies - can't seem to edit posts? in any event, included a simple script to test mod_rewrite:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^test.htm$ /test1.htm [R=301]

and included two "dummy" htm pages to test against. willing to bet my host doesn't have things set up correctly. thanks again.

I have v2.1d from stonebridgecomputing installed and everything is working fine. I also submitted to google base and google sitemap with the updated SEO URLS. Google even indexed lot of my pages, but since almost 3 weeks google dropped all my Ultimate SEO URLs, except the category pages, they even removed my sub category pages, google retained only my old indexed pages i.e "product_info.php?products_id=3503". I see google bot in my log files accessing the new URLs everyday, but none of it is showing up in search.

Is anybody else having this problem? Please give me a possible fix to this problem.

I am thinking to remove Ultimate SEO Urls if I cannot find a fix, Is there a easy removal documentation or script, as the install did some database changes too?

Also, how do I stop Google bot to ignore my Ultimate SEO popup_image pages. I have already restricted popup_image.php, but with Ultimate SEO bot ignores it due to changes in URLs.

Please Help with any possible suggestions

I have v2.1d from stonebridgecomputing installed and everything is working fine. I also submitted to google base and google sitemap with the updated SEO URLS. Google even indexed lot of my pages, but since almost 3 weeks google dropped all my Ultimate SEO URLs, except the category pages, they even removed my sub category pages, google retained only my old indexed pages i.e "product_info.php?products_id=3503". I see google bot in my log files accessing the new URLs everyday, but none of it is showing up in search.

Is anybody else having this problem? Please give me a possible fix to this problem.

I am thinking to remove Ultimate SEO Urls if I cannot find a fix, Is there a easy removal documentation or script, as the install did some database changes too?

Also, how do I stop Google bot to ignore my Ultimate SEO popup_image pages. I have already restricted popup_image.php, but with Ultimate SEO bot ignores it due to changes in URLs.

Please Help with any possible suggestions

I have most of my site go supplemental too including the issue with the popup images being spidered by Google while ignorning the actual product page.

I have now put in my robots.txt the following

Disallow: /popup_image.php

Disallow: /*.html?invis=*

and that basically stops all bots from spidering the page.

Along with this I have also put in the popup_image.php page tags that tell the bot not to follow any links or index the page.

These are the standard Meta Tags - META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW"

I also use sitemaps but Google still has kept the old copies of my pages including the popup images :(

I am monitoring things closely and am currently undecided if the Ultimate SEO url contrib. is osmehow hindering the indexing of my site.

Hope that helps

hi

may i know what is this problem?

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/goshakl/public_html/walksales/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1328) in /home/goshakl/public_html/walksales/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

how to solve it...thanks man

hi

may i know what is this problem?

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/goshakl/public_html/walksales/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1328) in /home/goshakl/public_html/walksales/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

how to solve it...thanks man

Read this:

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/G...mon_Problems/15

Let me know if you sort it out or not.

Cheers,

Chris :)

Hi!

There is a setting in admin that says:

Enter special character conversions
Go to configuration -> SEO URLs and you'll find it. I'm curious on how to use it, since I've seen several posts asking for help with converting special characters. Could someone enlighten me here, thanks!

I have installed the Ultimate SEO URL contribution & it is GREAT except for one problem that I can't seem to find out how to fix.

My products are in different sizes by ounce, like 3.4 oz., 6.7 oz., etc.

I don't want this to trip up the search engines, as people actually look for certain sizes of my products in their searches (it is a perfume site).

The URLs are dropping the decimal point so instead of 3.4 oz, it shows 34 oz.

Does anyone know how to correct this?

The title, description, etc. is fine, so it must be in the Ultimate SEO URLs contrib.

Thanks!

Hi!

There is a setting in admin that says: Enter special character conversions.

Go to configuration -> SEO URLs and you'll find it. I'm curious on how to use it, since I've seen several posts asking for help with converting special characters. Could someone enlighten me here, thanks!

I'll answer it myself:

admin-config->Enter special character

and then like this with the special characters ?,?,?:

?=>aa,?=>ae,?=>oe.

Finally do a "Reset SEO URLs Cache".

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, ok, strange, well maybe not, question

i have the mod installed, i am not sure if it is this causing the problem or not, so please bear with me for a sec :)

anyhow, all was fine working dandy, then, we had to switch servers, so, we switch servers and BAM, no admin, this is what i get when i go to the admin

The page you are trying to access does not exist.

Please select a page from the main menu.

Now the folks at the hosting company tell me its because of the htaccess doc, any thoughts?

this really sux, as i am trying to update the whole cart set up and i cannot access the admin section

what gives? is it code from the SEO URL's in the htaccess file? thoughts? :'(

Hey there, ok, strange, well maybe not, question

i have the mod installed, i am not sure if it is this causing the problem or not, so please bear with me for a sec :)

anyhow, all was fine working dandy, then, we had to switch servers, so, we switch servers and BAM, no admin, this is what i get when i go to the admin

The page you are trying to access does not exist.

Please select a page from the main menu.

Now the folks at the hosting company tell me its because of the htaccess doc, any thoughts?

this really sux, as i am trying to update the whole cart set up and i cannot access the admin section

what gives? is it code from the SEO URL's in the htaccess file? thoughts? :'(

some servers don't support htaccess files.

I had to drop a host (startlogic) because of that. That MIGHT be the reason (I didn't say it was)

Edited by pixclinic

some servers don't support htaccess files.

I had to drop a host (startlogic) because of that. That MIGHT be the reason (I didn't say it was)

really eh? man, that sux, we just moved all of our clients to the same people, oh the pain :(

i will contact them and see if that is the issue

thanks a bunch

really eh? man, that sux, we just moved all of our clients to the same people, oh the pain :(

thanks a bunch

In your case that IS the issue! Good luck with their customer service :-) And if you can make them understand the purpose of an URL rewrite, congratulations ;-)

thanks a bunch

We use StartLogic and htaccess files for this contribution and also for 404 redirects and have never had any problem. We have several stores one in the root and several in directories under the root all running this contribution with htaccess files.

We use the Prologic account.

I will agree their Customer Service can improve though

Hello stonebridgecomputing,

I got one strange problem ....... in http://www.nepalbazzar.com.....

U Simply add a product in cart.it takes you to http://nepalbazzar.com/shopping_cart.php, where you can ..update cart.....continue shopping and checkout....but when i click continue shopping ....it can't take you back......

Please help me to correct this problem......

I just tried to do a page listing on google through my Admin and got the following error:

Warning: file(http://www.google.com/search?client=navclient-auto&ch=6-2147370666&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&features=Rank&q=info:www.everything-asian.com) [function.file]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php on line 96

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php on line 97

The code for the above error is as follows:

function getPR($_url) {
$url = 'info:'.$_url;
$ch = GCH(strord($url));
$url='info:'.urlencode($_url);
$pr = file("http://www.google.com/search?client=navclient-auto&ch=6$ch&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&features=Rank&q=$url");
$pr_str = implode("", $pr);
return substr($pr_str,strrpos($pr_str, ":")+1);
}

Can someone help me fix this please?

Thanks

Kelvin

I think you are in the wrong contribution :-"

Yeah he must be. I have NO idea what he is going on.

For example, what does this mean: " I just tried to do a page listing on google through my Admin "????

Also, seo_assistant.php doesn't exist in my installation at the location the error message says.

everyth5, you must have a different SEO contrib installed, or you must have a problem with a COMPLETELY different contrib.

Regards,

Chris

Yeah he must be. I have NO idea what he is going on.

For example, what does this mean: " I just tried to do a page listing on google through my Admin "????

Also, seo_assistant.php doesn't exist in my installation at the location the error message says.

everyth5, you must have a different SEO contrib installed, or you must have a problem with a COMPLETELY different contrib.

Regards,

Chris

yes he is talking about the contrib SEO assistant.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2370

not that great, better off using a real SEO application.

yes he is talking about the contrib SEO assistant.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2370

not that great, better off using a real SEO application.

My deepest apologies guys. I am in the wrong community :blush: I AM referring to SEO Assistant. Sorry.

Is the one you mentioned a much better one?

Thanks

Kelvin

My deepest apologies guys. I am in the wrong community :blush: I AM referring to SEO Assistant. Sorry.

Is the one you mentioned a much better one?

Thanks

Kelvin

If you want to do some serious SEO, use a standalone program (that might not be free, but is generally worth the money) like:

www.sitecontentanalyzer.com

www.webceo.com

www.webedition.com

If you want to do some serious SEO, use a standalone program (that might not be free, but is generally worth the money) like:

www.sitecontentanalyzer.com

www.webceo.com

www.webedition.com

Thanks Hugh. I just checked again with my Admin and I do have the Ultimate SEO URL's as well as the SEO Assistant installed and running. But in the near future I may go to one of the sites you mentioned.

Thanks again.

Kelvin

Thanks Hugh. I just checked again with my Admin and I do have the Ultimate SEO URL's as well as the SEO Assistant installed and running. But in the near future I may go to one of the sites you mentioned.

Thanks again.

Kelvin

SEO URLs is something you (and everybody) definitely need, and cannot be replaced by anything else (I mean external to oscomm), but SEO assistant is a small mod that can (and MUST) be replaced by a standalone program in order to optimize a site (just tracking the rankings over time is something that SEO assistant cannot do...and is vital in any SEO process)

Chemo, thank you very much for a great program and a nicely explained documentation. I admit it took me about 4 hours to install, but methodically and carefully following your instructions step by step made the whole process virtually painfree. The only issue I had was with osid showing up in the URLs, but a little research here showed you'd already answered that question. I was able to apply the information about cookies in the configure.php file and everything appears to be good to go!

Thank you again. :thumbsup: