• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I installed this contribution on my osc 2.3.1. Everything is good, all the links are good, only 1 thing dont want to work.

ENLARGE PRODUCT IMAGE. Its not working if U-seo is active.

This product image enlarge dont work if i turn on in the admin the search-engine safe URLs. If i turn it off, images are good, but i dont have SEO URLs then.

Somebody knows what should i do?

Please help me!

I installed this contribution on my osc 2.3.1. Everything is good, all the links are good, only 1 thing dont want to work.

ENLARGE PRODUCT IMAGE. Its not working if U-seo is active.

This product image enlarge dont work if i turn on in the admin the search-engine safe URLs. If i turn it off, images are good, but i dont have SEO URLs then.

Somebody knows what should i do?

Please help me!

Search Engine safe url's won't work with this contribution. The code in it will just turn that option off. As for the enalrge not working, it all other links in your shop work correctly, then there is something wrong with the code for that popup since this contribuiton doesn't affect it directly.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Search engine safe urls are turned off. And when i turn them off, the enlarge image works correctly. When i turn it on, dont works. I said this problem because with the ultimate seo the problem is the same. The search engine safe urls are off, and ultimate seo is installed, and image enlarge dont work. What could be the problem? It is a 2.3.1 version, not 2.2.

Search engine safe urls are turned off. And when i turn them off, the enlarge image works correctly. When i turn it on, dont works. I said this problem because with the ultimate seo the problem is the same. The search engine safe urls are off, and ultimate seo is installed, and image enlarge dont work. What could be the problem? It is a 2.3.1 version, not 2.2.

Something is wrong with your code. As mentioned, this contribuiton doesn't distinguish between parts of the shop.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

in order to be able to index my site separately for each language, I wonder if the Ultimate SEO Url contribution might be modified to allow the ?language=xx parameter to be included in the url to obtain a virtual language directory....I mean - for example for the product id=16 - something like:

www.example.com/it/italian-product-name-p-16.html

www.example.com/en/english-product-name-p-16.html

etc....

Has anyone faced this problem before ?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion.

Hello,

in order to be able to index my site separately for each language, I wonder if the Ultimate SEO Url contribution might be modified to allow the ?language=xx parameter to be included in the url to obtain a virtual language directory....I mean - for example for the product id=16 - something like:

www.example.com/it/italian-product-name-p-16.html

www.example.com/en/english-product-name-p-16.html

etc....

Has anyone faced this problem before ?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion.

That wouldn't work, assuming you are using one of the canonical contributions, which you should be, since they look for the language at the end of the url. The language is already included in the url anyway so such a change shouldn't be necessary.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That wouldn't work, assuming you are using one of the canonical contributions, which you should be, since they look for the language at the end of the url. The language is already included in the url anyway so such a change shouldn't be necessary.

Hello Jack,

thanks for your reply. I'm not sure if I properly understood your answer.

I'm already using the Ultimate SEO URL's 2.2d11.

In my post previous post I meant that to have "language urls" like those I posted (for example with a virtual directory www.example.com/it/.. , /en/.., /de/.. etc would be very useful to effectively index the site in different countries and languages.

If the contribution allowed this possibility one would be able to set a different virtual site for each language in Google Webmaster tools (see for example: http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=182192 ).

Kind rgds.

Hello Jack,

thanks for your reply. I'm not sure if I properly understood your answer.

I'm already using the Ultimate SEO URL's 2.2d11.

In my post previous post I meant that to have "language urls" like those I posted (for example with a virtual directory www.example.com/it/.. , /en/.., /de/.. etc would be very useful to effectively index the site in different countries and languages.

If the contribution allowed this possibility one would be able to set a different virtual site for each language in Google Webmaster tools (see for example: http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=182192 ).

This contribution won't allow that. You can try using SEO 5. I think it allows that. Of course, you will have to deal with its incompatibility issues.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This contribution won't allow that. You can try using SEO 5. I think it allows that. Of course, you will have to deal with its incompatibility issues.

Thanks Jack. I had a look to other contributions and found out that Ultimate SEO Urls 5 PRO offers exactly what I need: it is called multi language functionality. There's also an upgrade path from Ultimate SEU Urls 2 contributions to SEO 5 PRO.

I'll try in my test site this kind of upgrade, because even the assistance forum of google confirmed that to be effectively indexed in different countries it's necessary to separate language sections of the site.

A last question: what do you mean with "incompatibility issues" ?

A last question: what do you mean with "incompatibility issues" ?

It has a number of problems with various addons, or at least it did last time I looked at it. Maybe they have all been address now.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

ive installed this contribution and it works perfectly as i wanted..

there is one problem thou...

my homepage is a custom url.. and when i enable the mod, it says 404 error for the homepage.

url: http://breatheapparel.com

ive disabled the mod for now.. please if someone can provide a solution for such url or a way to exclude this specific url to rewrite?

thanks

outside links are not allowed in signatures

Hi, there was a separate thread about "Fatal error: allowed memory size .... seo.class.php....." I thought I'd post my experience with this here. First post included below:

"Hi guys, I run a successful website on osCommerce and we're moving over to a new server. Copied all the files and database across. I've done all the configuration changes I think I need but I am stuck with one error I cannot fathom that's stopping me running any page.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 31457280 bytes) in /home/jandb/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php(1657) : eval()'d code on line 21846

If I use the PHP command to up the memory limit it just does the same exhausting what I increase it to.

I don't understand the line 21846 either since it doesn't even have that many lines.

Anyone help please?"

----------

I had same issue after moving client website to new server. There are 20,000 producst in this shop. I did end up re-installing SEO v2.2d, as verson I had was a slightly earlier version. However I stiil ended up with same error. Resetting SEO Url Cache would allow me see the homepage etc, but I would get an error if I tried any links.

Then in admin, I turned off (made false) all the settings for caching, and website now works. However, I do think that this could have an effect on website speed,

but at least am not receiving errors for the moment. I will play around with this some more, and post any other updates.

my homepage is a custom url.. and when i enable the mod, it says 404 error for the homepage.

url: http://breatheapparel.com

ive disabled the mod for now.. please if someone can provide a solution for such url or a way to exclude this specific url to rewrite?

thanks

You've got the home page going directly to a category page. My guess is that you didn't code that url using the link function in oscommerce. The rewrite will only work correctly if that function is used. See other links in your shop, like in includes/modules/product_listing.php, to see how to code it correctly.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You've got the home page going directly to a category page. My guess is that you didn't code that url using the link function in oscommerce. The rewrite will only work correctly if that function is used. See other links in your shop, like in includes/modules/product_listing.php, to see how to code it correctly.

Hi,

im not that good with php so im not sure where to look at for that change to make. can you please guide me on how to fix it? sad.png

ive attached my index.html and index.php so you know what exactly is happening here

index.html

index.php

Hi,

im not that good with php so im not sure where to look at for that change to make. can you please guide me on how to fix it? sad.png

ive attached my index.html and index.php so you know what exactly is happening here

index.php

index.html

Hi, there was a separate thread about "Fatal error: allowed memory size .... seo.class.php....." I thought I'd post my experience with this here. First post included below:

----------

I had same issue after moving client website to new server. There are 20,000 producst in this shop. I did end up re-installing SEO v2.2d, as verson I had was a slightly earlier version. However I stiil ended up with same error. Resetting SEO Url Cache would allow me see the homepage etc, but I would get an error if I tried any links.

Then in admin, I turned off (made false) all the settings for caching, and website now works. However, I do think that this could have an effect on website speed,

but at least am not receiving errors for the moment. I will play around with this some more, and post any other updates.

Upping the PHP memory limit from 32 to 64MB enabled me to turn cache back on!

Hi,

hi.. any update??? :( im still waiting for the fix :(

hi.. any update??? sad.png im still waiting for the fix sad.png

This is a forum where help is provided freely and at the whim of the person supplying it. If you need something fixed on your shop and can't find an answer here, then you either need to fix it yourself or pay someone to fix it for you.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, thanks again for this invaluable contribution! I have a question, I'm hoping someone can answer. I recently upgraded my site from 2.2 to 2.3 and now it looks like the contribution may not be working properly. I'm getting this

http://www.subcitizen.com/?manufacturers_id=12

instead of

http://www.subcitizen.com/ames-bros-m-12.html

I'm also having problems with the Categories url's. Funny enough, the actual product url's are fine.

So my question is "Do I need to simply upgrade my version of this contribution"? My version according to my .htaccess file is Ultimate SEO V2.2d.

Thanks so much!

jason

Hi, thanks again for this invaluable contribution! I have a question, I'm hoping someone can answer. I recently upgraded my site from 2.2 to 2.3 and now it looks like the contribution may not be working properly. I'm getting this

http://www.subcitize...facturers_id=12

instead of

http://www.subcitize...-bros-m-12.html

I'm also having problems with the Categories url's. Funny enough, the actual product url's are fine.

So my question is "Do I need to simply upgrade my version of this contribution"? My version according to my .htaccess file is Ultimate SEO V2.2d.

This addon works fine with 2.3. It would seem you either made a mistake in the installation, are not using the latest version or the manufacturers code in your shop has been altered in a non-oscommerce way.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

how to give special character conversions for "white space" replaced by "-" and also 4" inch...

Those should already be replaced by the code You may need to turn on the "Remove all non-alphanumeric characters?" setting. You could also try the conversion option in the settigs though I don't think those will be caught. . Otherwise, the code would have to be edited.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons