• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Okay! I DID have it in my root .htaccess, but I've just moved it to the one in my catalog, and still the links are the same. Hmm, now what should I try? Thanks for your help so far! :]

OH! Could it have something to do with having Header Tags SEO installed?

It's not possible for me to know without seeing your files but my guess is that your shop was located in the catalog directory at one point and was then moved to the root without changing the configure files. The result is that you have two shops now. I think that because your root directory is displaying the shop as is the catalog link. So you probably added the contribution to the wrong shop. I can't see any reason for you to have the catalog directory so that should be deleted. Then make sure this contribution is installed in the files of the root shop.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It's not possible for me to know without seeing your files but my guess is that your shop was located in the catalog directory at one point and was then moved to the root without changing the configure files. The result is that you have two shops now. I think that because your root directory is displaying the shop as is the catalog link. So you probably added the contribution to the wrong shop. I can't see any reason for you to have the catalog directory so that should be deleted. Then make sure this contribution is installed in the files of the root shop.

Oh, I haven't moved the shop to the root directory, I just have this in my root .htaccess:

DirectoryIndex /catalog/index.php

so it comes up in that fashion, I think. But I think I will just re-install it and see if I missed something...

Edited by JenniferJordan

Well, this is peculiar! I just updated my Google Base for the new policy, and the links that my feed is producing ARE SEO AND they work. However, when I click through the links in the store, they show as product=53. Does that help at all?

Base Feed link:

http://www.the-broomcloset.com/catalog/natural-witchery-ellen-dugan-p-31.html

Same link from internal store clicking:

http://www.the-broomcloset.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=31

Edited by JenniferJordan

Well, this is peculiar! I just updated my Google Base for the new policy, and the links that my feed is producing ARE SEO AND they work. However, when I click through the links in the store, they show as product=53. Does that help at all?

Base Feed link:

http://www.the-broomcloset.com/catalog/natural-witchery-ellen-dugan-p-31.html

Same link from internal store clicking:

http://www.the-broomcloset.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=31

There's something not right in your setup but it isn't anything I can resolve in a support thread. I suggest getting rid of the use of catalog altogether. it doesn't serve any purpose and can be confusin gto your customers, not to mention contributions like this one.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

I've just installed the latest version of this contribution but I cannot get it to work. When i hover the mouse over the categories and products I can see the html url but when I click on them it redirects me to index.php.

Can anybody help me?

Regards,

Valentin

Hello,

I've just installed the latest version of this contribution but I cannot get it to work. When i hover the mouse over the categories and products I can see the html url but when I click on them it redirects me to index.php.

Can anybody help me?

Regards,

Valentin

That is almost always due to the .htaccess fil enot being setup up correctly. Double check that you have made the changes to that file. If you have, please post your shops url and the contents of the .htaccess file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That is almost always due to the .htaccess fil enot being setup up correctly. Double check that you have made the changes to that file. If you have, please post your shops url and the contents of the .htaccess file.

url to my site is http://piccolini.ksolutions.dk

.htaccess

# Begin Ultimate SEO V2.2d

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

# RewriteBase instructions

# Change RewriteBase dependent on how your shop is accessed as below.

# http://www.mysite.com = RewriteBase /

# http://www.mysite.com/catalog/ = RewriteBase /catalog/

# http://www.mysite.com/catalog/shop/ = RewriteBase /catalog/shop/

# Change the following line using the instructions above

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# End Ultimate SEO V2.2d

url to my site is http://piccolini.ksolutions.dk

Those are correct and if you click on a category or product on your site, you can see the url switches but then switches back. That is usually caused by a poorly coded template and is a common problem. It isn't something that can be handled in a support thread but you can look at this link to see if it helps: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/154166-contribution-ultimate-seo-urls-v21-by-chemo/page__st__5240

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Those are correct and if you click on a category or product on your site, you can see the url switches but then switches back. That is usually caused by a poorly coded template and is a common problem. It isn't something that can be handled in a support thread but you can look at this link to see if it helps: http://forums.oscomm.../page__st__5240

Thanks for you help. I found the problem. I head to comment out the following lines in the header.php

/*

if(strpos($path_parts['basename'], "php") == false)

{

print("<script type='text/javascript'>window.location='index.php';</script>");

}

*/

Hi

i use Version Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_10 and all is fine until today...

i create a new Produkt and if i call it from catalog i will be redirected to index.php

i found that this is happen by using thr produktname HGL-ED-205-C

If i use only HGL_ED-205 it is ok but if i add -C it goes to the index.php

Is this a bug?

thx fpor Help and Testing this

rgds

Alfred

Hi Guys,

This is a wonderful contrib... however it doesn't work with the JSON javascript cart code.

Here is the JS cart from one of my own sites - http://ipitrade.com/javascript/osc_cart.js

With ultimate SEO enabled I can add items from the categories page (or anwhere using product_listing.php) but not from product_info.php.

Any help welcomed.

Edited by StephenAdrianRathbone

i use Version Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_10 and all is fine until today...

i create a new Produkt and if i call it from catalog i will be redirected to index.php

i found that this is happen by using thr produktname HGL-ED-205-C

If i use only HGL_ED-205 it is ok but if i add -C it goes to the index.php

Is this a bug?

No, it's not a bug. The contribution uses -c, -p and about ten others to identify the page type (-c = category).. If you use those in the url, it confuses the code. There's not a way around this that I know of. The code could be changed to account for it and I will list that for the next version but it won't be anytime soon.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No, it's not a bug. The contribution uses -c, -p and about ten others to identify the page type (-c = category).. If you use those in the url, it confuses the code. There's not a way around this that I know of. The code could be changed to account for it and I will list that for the next version but it won't be anytime soon.

thx for info i take a look into the htaccess - your right -. so the only way is to change the produktname - thx for your help

rgds

alfred

thx for info i take a look into the htaccess - your right -. so the only way is to change the produktname - thx for your help

rgds

alfred

For this contribution, yes.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

I installed the program. Works well in google chrome, but the problem is in internet explorer.

For example:

In google chrome the link looks like this: http://www.boogiepetslandia.com/terrario-de-malla-fina-grande-exo-tera-p-90.html

And Internet Explorer as follows:

http://www.boogiepetslandia.com/terrario-de-malla-fina-grande-exo-tera-p-90.html?osCsid=674ac034dc84e7d4630ef66368d835ce

I want to know how I can remove the series of numbers that follows after. Html and how I can remove in the p-90 too.

As there is a faster way of doing the program? runs slow

Hello,

I installed the program. Works well in google chrome, but the problem is in internet explorer.

For example:

In google chrome the link looks like this: http://www.boogiepet...-tera-p-90.html

And Internet Explorer as follows:

http://www.boogiepet...30ef66368d835ce

I want to know how I can remove the series of numbers that follows after. Html and how I can remove in the p-90 too.

As there is a faster way of doing the program? runs slow

The numbers that follow are called the session ID and if they appear for more than a click it is because your configure file is not setup correctly. No, you can't get rid of the p-90. If you want more details on these, simply read back through the thread since they get asked on about every page.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello , i don't know why i cant see the name of manufacture in the URL while i enabled manufactures cache ?

can anyone help me to use the producer / manufacture in the URLS ?

Edited by zinor

Yes, it will work.

I am attempting to install this to 2.3.1 and have found some of the code that needs to be replaced not exactly the same as the code in my store.

Install says look for this:

if ($connection == 'NONSSL') {

$link = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG;

} elseif ($connection == 'SSL') {

if (ENABLE_SSL == true) {

$link = HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG;

} else {

}

} else {

die('<br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine connection method on a link!<br><br>Known methods: NONSSL SSL</b><br><br>');

}

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) {

$link .= $page . '?' . tep_output_string($parameters);

$separator = '&';

} else {

$link .= $page;

$separator = '?';

}

while ( (substr($link, -1) == '&') || (substr($link, -1) == '?') ) $link = substr($link, 0, -1);

// Add the session ID when moving from different HTTP and HTTPS servers, or when SID is defined

if ( ($add_session_id == true) && ($session_started == true) && (SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE == 'False') ) {

if (tep_not_null($SID)) {

$_sid = $SID;

} elseif ( ( ($request_type == 'NONSSL') && ($connection == 'SSL') && (ENABLE_SSL == true) ) || ( ($request_type == 'SSL') && ($connection == 'NONSSL') ) ) {

if (HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN != HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN) {

$_sid = tep_session_name() . '=' . tep_session_id();

}

}

}

if ( (SEARCH_ENGINE_FRIENDLY_URLS == 'true') && ($search_engine_safe == true) ) {

while (strstr($link, '&&')) $link = str_replace('&&', '&', $link);

$link = str_replace('?', '/', $link);

$link = str_replace('&', '/', $link);

$link = str_replace('=', '/', $link);

$separator = '?';

}

if (isset($_sid)) {

$link .= $separator . $_sid;

}

return $link;

This is what my code is:

if

($connection == 'NONSSL') {

}

elseif ($connection == 'SSL') {

if (ENABLE_SSL == true) {

$link = HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG;

}

else {

}

}

else {

die('</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br /><br /><font color="#ff0000"><strong>Error!</strong></font><br /><br /><strong>Unable to determine connection method on a link!<br /><br />Known methods: NONSSL SSL</strong><br /><br />');

}

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) {

$link .= $page .

'?' . tep_output_string($parameters);

$separator =

'&';

}

else {

$link .= $page;

$separator =

'?';

}

while ( (substr($link, -1) == '&') || (substr($link, -1) == '?') ) $link = substr($link, 0, -1);

// Add the session ID when moving from different HTTP and HTTPS servers, or when SID is defined

if ( ($add_session_id == true) && ($session_started == true) && (SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE == 'False') ) {

if (tep_not_null($SID)) {

$_sid = $SID;

}

elseif ( ( ($request_type == 'NONSSL') && ($connection == 'SSL') && (ENABLE_SSL == true) ) || ( ($request_type == 'SSL') && ($connection == 'NONSSL') ) ) {

if (HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN != HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN) {

$_sid = tep_session_name() .

'=' . tep_session_id();

}

}

}

if (isset($_sid)) {

$link .= $separator . tep_output_string($_sid);

}

while (strstr($link, '&&')) $link = str_replace('&&', '&', $link);

if ( (SEARCH_ENGINE_FRIENDLY_URLS == 'true') && ($search_engine_safe == true) ) {

$link = str_replace(

'?', '/', $link);

$link = str_replace(

'&', '/', $link);

$link = str_replace(

'=', '/', $link);

}

else {

$link = str_replace(

'&', '&', $link);

}

return $link;

}

My OSC install has been around a few months and is not clean and sterile... is this a problem? I have changed nothing as of yet, just going through the code changes as stated in the intall.html.

Papadish

I am attempting to install this to 2.3.1 and have found some of the code that needs to be replaced not exactly the same as the code in my store.

Install says look for this:

You don't mention the code you are referring to but, assuming it is the code in the html_output.php file, just replace the whole function.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have a question when editing .htaccess file. Do I replace all the code with the code in the install instructions or add. It looks to me like replace but the instructions are not clear on this. There is more above this dealing with SSL.

Thank you in advance.

Existing Code:

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off

RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI}

<Files ~ "\.inc$">

Order allow,deny

Deny from all

</Files>

<Files ~ "\.inf$">

Order allow,deny

Deny from all

</Files>

<Files ~ "\.ini$">

Order allow,deny

Deny from all

</Files>

<Files ~ "\.hta$">

Order allow,deny

Deny from all

</Files>

Edited by Papadish

I have a question when editing .htaccess file. Do I replace all the code with the code in the install instructions or add. It looks to me like replace but the instructions are not clear on this. There is more above this dealing with SSL.

Hmm, interesting. No one's ever mentioned that oversight before and I've never noticed it. You are correct, the instructions are not clear for that part. You can generally place that code anywhere in the .htaccess file but if you already have the RewriteEngine On statement, you don't need another. You can copy from the line RewriteBase /YOU HAVE TO CHANGE ME/ to the bottom in the instructions and place that at the bottom of your .htaccess file and you should be all set (be sure to change it as directed though).

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hmm, interesting. No one's ever mentioned that oversight before and I've never noticed it. You are correct, the instructions are not clear for that part. You can generally place that code anywhere in the .htaccess file but if you already have the RewriteEngine On statement, you don't need another. You can copy from the line RewriteBase /YOU HAVE TO CHANGE ME/ to the bottom in the instructions and place that at the bottom of your .htaccess file and you should be all set (be sure to change it as directed though).

Thank you for such a rapid response. I am working with this on a dedicated testing server with the site under /catalog/. The live site is in the root, so I will have to change the Rewritebase again when it goes to the live site. Do you reccomend this approach? I have backed up the backups.

Thank you for such a rapid response. I am working with this on a dedicated testing server with the site under /catalog/. The live site is in the root, so I will have to change the Rewritebase again when it goes to the live site. Do you reccomend this approach? I have backed up the backups.

Yes, that's fine.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons