• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hi there,

I have recently installed this great contrib on my store. However my one problem is that my site was indexed using the default admin seo urls. How can i get these to be forwarded to my new urls ?

I.e. i have indexed:

http://www.mp3extras.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/96

How can i get this page forwarded to the new product url ?

Thanks for your help.

Eddy

Green Template - My little addition to the community... :)

Hi there,

I have recently installed this great contrib on my store. However my one problem is that my site was indexed using the default admin seo urls. How can i get these to be forwarded to my new urls ?

I.e. i have indexed:

http://www.mp3extras.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/96

How can i get this page forwarded to the new product url ?

Thanks for your help.

Eddy

I haven't checked but I'm pretty sure the code in Ultimate SEO doesn't recognize that format so it won't be able to issue the redirects. You will need to setup a rewrite rule in the .htaccess file to catch those. There are many examples on the web.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Guys,

I am having a strange issue with this contribution. I have been using it for ages and having recently moved hosts/server and now my categories show as http://www.mydomain.com/-c-21.html

As you can see the category name is being ommited from the path.

Any ideas on where I should start looking to debug this. I have looked in the seo.class.php file but to be honest I am not sure what I should be looking for :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PS

Hi,

The installation of this great contribution went all fine. I only had some minor problems but these were caused by the webhost one.com. As mentioned on this forum you should remove the "Options +FollowSymLinks" line from .htaccess if you're getting "500 internal server error". At least that was the solution in my case, there are probably many more scenario's that could cause that error.

Anyway, now that the shop works perfectly. There is a new problem, the administration pages...

Somehow it seems like it can't find the css file anymore, all menu's and buttons are now simple plain text links. Everything still works, but it isn't nice at all to work with.

This forum nor google helped me on the right track to solve this, does anyone else recognize this?

Thanks

This contribution couldn't cause that since it doesn't do anything in admin other than handle the settings. Removng that option from the .htaccess file may have caused that though.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Been trying to figure out how to successfully 301 all my old serps from the previously indexed sef urls. After having a look in the seo.class file it seems the original author may have thought about this:

/**
* Function to parse the path for old SEF URLs 
* @author Bobby Easland 
* @version 1.0
* @param string $path_info
* @return array
*/		
	function parse_path($path_info){ 
			$tmp = @explode('/', $path_info);				 
			if ( sizeof($tmp) > 2 ){
					$container = array();								
					for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($tmp); $i<$n; $i++) {
							$container[] = $tmp[$i] . '=' . $tmp[$i+1]; 
							$i++; 
					}
					return @implode('&', $container);						
			} else { 
					return @implode('=', $tmp);
			}								
	} # end function parse_path

Does this function mean it is possible to redirect the old style sef links ? I cant for the life of me get it to work after a day of reading how mod_rewrite and .htaccess works...

By the way Jack thanks for your quick reply earlier.

Edited by eddyb
Green Template - My little addition to the community... :)

This contribution couldn't cause that since it doesn't do anything in admin other than handle the settings. Removng that option from the .htaccess file may have caused that though.

Jack

I thought so too, I had already tested how it reacted without the .htaccess file. Offcourse the webshop doesn't work anymore like it should because of the new url's. But strangely enough the admin page keeps looking ugly like it can't find a css file or so. So I can eliminate the .htaccess file in my hunt for the solution.

Are you sure this contribution certainly can't have rewritten the url to a css file or so? I suppose it doesn't, but it's so strange since I haven't changed anything else than described in the installation instructions of this contribution.

Are you sure this contribution certainly can't have rewritten the url to a css file or so? I suppose it doesn't, but it's so strange since I haven't changed anything else than described in the installation instructions of this contribution.

If you are using the version uploaded by me, then, yes, I can absolutely say that no css file is altered by the contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you are using the version uploaded by me, then, yes, I can absolutely say that no css file is altered by the contribution.

Jack

Ok thanks, then the only remaining possible cause is me having overwritten the online version by an uptodate but local backup. 

Thanks again for this great tool!

Hi!

I have installed Ultimate SEO Url and on some categories google have indexed the url and have added ?language... to the end of the url and it seem like google have indexed different language versions of the the same page. I have STS installed and have no link to make it possible to change the language of the site. I want that google only index the default language and I doesn´t want ?language... at the end of the URL. What can I do?

I have just installed this great addon to OSC and everything works as a charm except that for every product it displays is says that it is out of stock. I have from 1 to 30 pieces in stock on every product but it doesn't matter, all products now shows "Out of stock" in product information page since I installed this addon.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Many thanks in advance!

;)

I have just installed this great addon to OSC and everything works as a charm except that for every product it displays is says that it is out of stock. I have from 1 to 30 pieces in stock on every product but it doesn't matter, all products now shows "Out of stock" in product information page since I installed this addon.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Many thanks in advance!

;)

I can't see how the two have any connection. Try turning Ultimate SEO in admin to see if the problem goes away.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I can't see how the two have any connection. Try turning Ultimate SEO in admin to see if the problem goes away.

Jack

Thanks! I found it now, it was the htaccess-file included in the Ultimate SEO URL-package that had the register-globals value turned off. As soon as I enabled register-globals again in htaccess all stock reappeared. Is it really needed to have registerglobals on for OSC to work correctly?

Thanks! I found it now, it was the htaccess-file included in the Ultimate SEO URL-package that had the register-globals value turned off. As soon as I enabled register-globals again in htaccess all stock reappeared. Is it really needed to have registerglobals on for OSC to work correctly?

There isn't a .htaccess file includes with the contribution, at least not with my version. Registerglobals is required unless your shop is setup to run without it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There isn't a .htaccess file includes with the contribution, at least not with my version. Registerglobals is required unless your shop is setup to run without it.

Jack

Ok! Is Ultimate SEO URLs compatible with "Header tags for novices": http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4822

Everything seems to work fine in the shop after installing both, but I can't access the Admin area anymore after first installing "Header tags for novices" and now "Ultimate SEO URLs". When trying to login to the Admin-area in the shop it stops and I only recieve this error:

Warning: include_once(includes/classes/seo.class.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/stars/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 22

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/classes/seo.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/stars/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 22

Fatal error: Class 'SEO_URL' not found in /home/stars/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 25

Ultimate SEO is compatible with all other contributions, to my knowledge. Pluse, it doesn't affect admin so it sounds like your problem is with that contribution. You should ask in its support thread for help.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have installed this very useful ADD-ON on my localhost OSC STORE.

But is seems have some problems in my Installation:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) PHP/5.2.3 Server at localhost Port 80

What dose it mean? and how to fix it ?

Thanks

Regards

JUN

Could somebody give me some code suggestion that make this contribution support more pages?

I want to create static html url for pages like index.php to index.html, a.php to a.html, b.php to b.html.

anyone can help?

I know I must modify the seo.class.php and .htaccess file.

Everyone is changing the world.

Everyone is a world.

For everyone needs my help, PM or email if I amn't online.

Internal Server Error

What dose it mean? and how to fix it ?

It's most likely a mistake in the .htaccess file. You need to verify the path is correct.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Could somebody give me some code suggestion that make this contribution support more pages?

I want to create static html url for pages like index.php to index.html, a.php to a.html, b.php to b.html.

anyone can help?

I know I must modify the seo.class.php and .htaccess file.

You can do that by just alterning the .htaccess file. There are examples on the web. But that doesn't serve any purpose and you would just be adding an extra load to the server without any benefit so I wouldn't suggest doing it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You can do that by just alterning the .htaccess file. There are examples on the web. But that doesn't serve any purpose and you would just be adding an extra load to the server without any benefit so I wouldn't suggest doing it.

Jack

Thanks, jack

I know I can modify .htaccess to redirect these xx.php, but I want the seo.class.php can support more php pages, and more php pages can be re-named to xx.html by tep_href_link() function.

Any suggestions?

Tank

Everyone is changing the world.

Everyone is a world.

For everyone needs my help, PM or email if I amn't online.

It's most likely a mistake in the .htaccess file. You need to verify the path is correct.

Jack

Thanks Jack

I set the path to RewriteBase / and RewriteBase /catalog/

But nothing change

and my store run in localhost

thanks

JUN

Thanks, jack

I know I can modify .htaccess to redirect these xx.php, but I want the seo.class.php can support more php pages, and more php pages can be re-named to xx.html by tep_href_link() function.

Any suggestions?

Tank

The only usefulness of this contribution is that it replaces a filename with arguments, like index.php?cPath=3, with text. It isn't setup to change just the file names in the url's since that doesn't serve a purpose. If you have a url that isn't covered by the contribution. like index.php?mypage=4, then the code has to be edited to include that. It isn't a simple change.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons