• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I don't support the broken versions of USU only 2.1d ORIGINAL updated.

But I'll offer this .. whoever wrote the version included mb_convert_case() which is a function of mb_string, mb_string (although good) is not on by default in a php5 standard install.

If you are running PHP 5.2 look out for version 5 .. it will be coming soon and available for testing now.

Edited by FWR Media

I have removed what was added during the sql query I ran.

No you haven't, USU auto installs to tables configuration and configuration_groups. you have to remove these entries from your db.

Edited by FWR Media

Add the following code to a file and save it in

catalog/includes/classes/myredirects.php

AFTER you have changed the array $redirects to reflect the uris you want to redirect and to where.

<?php
 class My_Redirects {

private $redirects = array('my-product-name-p-203.html' => 'mynew-product-name-p-333.html',
						   'my-product-name-p-208.html' => 'mynew-product-name-p-457.html',
						   'my-product-name-p-212.html' => 'mynew-product-name-p-452.html');

public function __construct(){
  $this->checkRedirect();
}

private function checkRedirect(){
  $uri_tag = str_replace(array(DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG, strstr($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], '?')), '', $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);
  if ( array_key_exists( $uri_tag, $this->redirects) ){
	$this->redirect($this->redirects[$uri_tag]);
  }
}

private function redirect($uri_tag){
  $url = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG . $uri_tag;
  session_write_close();
  header("HTTP/1.0 301 Moved Permanently");
  header("Location: $url");
  exit;
}
 }
?>

catalog/includes/application_top.php

Find ...

if ($request_type == 'NONSSL') {
define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG);
 } else {
define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG);
 }

Add immediately below ..

require_once DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'myredirects.php';
 new My_Redirects();

Done

I haven't tested this just wrote it quickly but give it a go .. it should work.

Many thanks FWR Media - I will give it a try and let you know

Thanks again

Dennis

Hi everyone!

I have just install Ultimate Seo Urls v2.7 (17 Mar 2009) and it seems working fine. Thanks for this contribution!

I have been reading a lot but without founding what I am looking for.

Today I have an URL for my products like that: http://localhost/catalog/beautifulstones-c...e169-p-130.html

I would ike to have like that: http://localhost/catalog/beautiful-stones-...-169-p-130.html

Don't why it is not cause the product description is "Collier-aigue-marine-labradorite-169".

If someone has an idea, let me know please?

Thanks

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1 W3C Valid FR avec : colissimo_v1.9 // CGV // GoogleXML_sitemap - Update -> googlexml_sitemap_seo_v_1.5 // Ultimate SEO URLs 2.1d - Update -> v22d_12 // AntiRobotRegistrationValidation-3.1 // TinyMCE WYSIWYG HTML EDITOR // HEader Tag SEO 3.1.4 // PDF Invoice 1.5 // Specials_enhanced_v1_3_1 // quick_stock_update_v3.5_FRENCH // xmembers_v2.2 // contact_us_form_in_db_with_amin_v1.1 // photo_display_1 // previous_next_with_details // infoBox Admin v.2.25 // whosonlineturbov1.1fr // customer_discount_v1.3 // flash_bannersv2 // Horizontal_menu_V3 // Loginbox_Best_1 // CCGV // XSell_v2_7_2 // Printable Catalog XSS Flaw Fixed // all_specials_slideshow // Birthdays_v1.4 // Search_price_range_pulldown_menu_1.1 // contrib-categories // Reviews_in_Product_Display_v2.3 // Easy Graphical Borders // Simple Multiple Images (Unlimited) with Fancy Popups V1.3.5 // Guestbook V3.0 // Blacklist_IP_v.3 // Quicker Product Edit v2.1 // Chronopost_2010 // Easy Center // Size Shop with Layers // Safari-Chrome_fix // Protection to Configuration v1.3a // Page_Cache_v1.6... Thanks to everyone!

My last post wasn't very clear..

Today I have an URL for my products like that: http:// localhost/catalog/beautifulstones-collieraiguemarinelabradorite169-p-130.html

I would ike to have like that: http:// localhost/catalog/beautiful-stones-collier-aigue-marine-labradorite-169-p-130.html

I need to have a - (dash) to divide all names..

Do you know how I can do that please?

Thanks

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1 W3C Valid FR avec : colissimo_v1.9 // CGV // GoogleXML_sitemap - Update -> googlexml_sitemap_seo_v_1.5 // Ultimate SEO URLs 2.1d - Update -> v22d_12 // AntiRobotRegistrationValidation-3.1 // TinyMCE WYSIWYG HTML EDITOR // HEader Tag SEO 3.1.4 // PDF Invoice 1.5 // Specials_enhanced_v1_3_1 // quick_stock_update_v3.5_FRENCH // xmembers_v2.2 // contact_us_form_in_db_with_amin_v1.1 // photo_display_1 // previous_next_with_details // infoBox Admin v.2.25 // whosonlineturbov1.1fr // customer_discount_v1.3 // flash_bannersv2 // Horizontal_menu_V3 // Loginbox_Best_1 // CCGV // XSell_v2_7_2 // Printable Catalog XSS Flaw Fixed // all_specials_slideshow // Birthdays_v1.4 // Search_price_range_pulldown_menu_1.1 // contrib-categories // Reviews_in_Product_Display_v2.3 // Easy Graphical Borders // Simple Multiple Images (Unlimited) with Fancy Popups V1.3.5 // Guestbook V3.0 // Blacklist_IP_v.3 // Quicker Product Edit v2.1 // Chronopost_2010 // Easy Center // Size Shop with Layers // Safari-Chrome_fix // Protection to Configuration v1.3a // Page_Cache_v1.6... Thanks to everyone!

My last post wasn't very clear..

Today I have an URL for my products like that: http:// localhost/catalog/beautifulstones-collieraiguemarinelabradorite169-p-130.html

I would ike to have like that: http:// localhost/catalog/beautiful-stones-collier-aigue-marine-labradorite-169-p-130.html

I need to have a - (dash) to divide all names..

Do you know how I can do that please?

Thanks

In admin try setting Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? to false

In admin try setting Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? to false

I have done it but it is still the same! I suppose I have to reboot it to change all URL now?

How do I reboot the Ultimate Seo to make it work with this new setting to see all new URLs?

Thanks

I have done it but it is still the same! I suppose I have to reboot it to change all URL now?

How do I reboot the Ultimate Seo to make it work with this new setting to see all new URLs?

Thanks

admin->reset seo urls

admin->reset seo urls

That's what I thought but did not work!

To be more clear:

If I am in the category "labradorite" (which is a kind of stone) from the category "pierres" (stone in French), I get the right URL (see below). BY the way I haven't the category up, which is "Par colliers" (necklaces in French).

localhost/catalog/pierres-labradorite-c-21_24_89_33.html

THIS IS THE ORIGINAL PASS

Accueil » Catalogue » BIJOUTERIE » Colliers » Par pierres » Labradorite

If I click on one of the product in "labradorite" I get this URL

localhost/catalog/beautifulstones-collieraiguemarinelabradorite169-p-130.html

and I like it to be

localhost/catalog/beautiful-stones-collier-aigue-marine-labradorite-169-p-130.html

Cause the words together don't mean nothing anymore and maybe it won't be efficient with Google.

How can I divide all the words of products at the top end of my link (after the categories) ?

Thanks

Edited by Eric B

That's what I thought but did not work!

To be more clear:

If I am in the category "labradorite" (which is a kind of stone) from the category "pierres" (stone in French), I get the right URL (see below). BY the way I haven't the category up, which is "Par colliers" (necklaces in French).

localhost/catalog/pierres-labradorite-c-21_24_89_33.html

THIS IS THE ORIGINAL PASS

Accueil » Catalogue » BIJOUTERIE » Colliers » Par pierres » Labradorite

If I click on one of the product in "labradorite" I get this URL

localhost/catalog/beautifulstones-collieraiguemarinelabradorite169-p-130.html

and I like it to be

localhost/catalog/beautiful-stones-collier-aigue-marine-labradorite-169-p-130.html

Cause the words together don't mean nothing anymore and maybe it won't be efficient with Google.

How can I divide all the words of products at the top end of my link (after the categories) ?

Thanks

Which version of USU are you running?

Which version of USU are you running?

I am on 2.7:

Ultimate Seo Urls v2.7 (17 Mar 2009)

I am on 2.7:

Ultimate Seo Urls v2.7 (17 Mar 2009)

Aaah I only support 2.1d ORIGINAL updated (as uploaded by me) as the rest are in general rubbish.

Aaah I only support 2.1d ORIGINAL updated (as uploaded by me) as the rest are in general rubbish.

Well I am still on a test environement.

Is it better for me to use 2.1d ORIGINAL, cause actualy I don't mind. Just need that it works?!

What I like to do, is it possible with 2.1d ORIGINAL???

Well I am still on a test environement.

Is it better for me to use 2.1d ORIGINAL, cause actualy I don't mind. Just need that it works?!

What I like to do, is it possible with 2.1d ORIGINAL???

OH, i have maybe found the problem!

My products tittles are all like that: Collier-agate-de-feu-citrine-cornaline-75 (1)

My URL is: localhost/catalog/collieragatedefeucitrinecornaline5-p-28.html

There are all with dash between words and if I chande my database like that: Collier agate de feu citrine cornaline 75 (2)

became : localhost/catalog/collier-agate-citrine-cornaline-p-28.html

IT WORKS!!!!!!!

Now I need to change everything OR is there a tool in Ultimate SEO who can make it for me cause I have a lot of articles (700)???

I saw this option but I don't know how to make it:

This setting will convert characters.

The format MUST be in the form: char=>conv,char2=>conv2

Can you tell me please how to use it, the process, to make my '-' (dash) IN (LIKE IN 1) becoming ' ' (space) (LIKE IN 2)???

Thanks

Edited by Eric B

Actualy I have found how it works the tool about: This setting will convert characters

Not what I need exactualy even if it is useful for a French like me who has accents...

Then I suppose there is orriginaly a change on ' ' (spaces) to '-' (dash) for a URL.

Where and How can I stop this change to let my '-' (dash)???

Thanks

Hello everybody

I have a small question and would be grateful if someone has an answer.

In "Ultimate SEO URLs v2.7 - FullPackage", how can you convert a whole alphabet to latin letters (LOWER and UPPER CASE) ?

In my case, I am trying to insert the cyrillic alphabet into the special characters field BUT it gets truncated on the half approximately. It seems that the field is limited to 255 characters.

Then I can use only Lower OR Uppercase in my titles, which is not the most elegant way to handle this.

Any idea about how to use the whole cyrillic alphabet in this great contrib ?

Thank you

Hello FWR,

I have install 2.1d today but my website went down!

I have done it again and again but still the same. I took off the .htaccess from /catalog/ and I could see again my website! :blush:

I am able to go in the ADMIN and to see that I have the option of Ultimate SEO with all. I tried to put Ultimate SEO on, website was working on the 1st page but error page on products.

I don't know what i have done wrong cause it works perfectly through my local server (localhost).

I have tried many ways with the RewriteBase (/catalog/):

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /catalog/   [color="#FF0000"]// I website is like that : [url="http://my.website.com/catalog/index.php"]http://my.website.com/catalog/index.php[/url] I suppose /catalog/ is the good RewriteBase[/color]

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

But still nothing!

I wonder if it is not the Apache rewriting that I don't know how to change on the server (www)!

I have to ENABLE the Rewrite module of apache on the server like I did with my local server?

Don't know if I am able to do it cause on the platform of my provider I don't see any tool for it and I thought it was already ON rewrite mod

Do you think it could try something else?

Thanks

Edited by Eric B

For USU to work you have to be on a linux server .. mod_rewrite enabled and AllowOverride must have sufficient permissions "AllowOverride All"

For USU to work you have to be on a linux server .. mod_rewrite enabled and AllowOverride must have sufficient permissions "AllowOverride All"

Ok FWR, I have send a email to the customer service (server) to ask them if I have the mod_rewriting.

By the way, I am under Linux server.

I will let you know next week cause they won't reply before.

Have a good weekend

Thanks

I finally tried to install the Autoinstaller 2.7 for:

Ultimate Seo Urls Version 2.7 by faaliyet (23 Mar 2009)

And everything seemed to work okay but not my extra info pages.. do this contrib need some special settings with the extra info pages W/admin in order to work?

Have a wonderful day ;)

I have install 2.1d today but my website went down!

I have done it again and again but still the same. I took off the .htaccess from /catalog/ and I could see again my website! :blush:

I am able to go in the ADMIN and to see that I have the option of Ultimate SEO with all. I tried to put Ultimate SEO on, website was working on the 1st page but error page on products.

I don't know what i have done wrong cause it works perfectly through my local server (localhost).

Try removing the first line from your .htaccess file

Options +FollowSymLinks

I installed Header tags SEO but in my admin page under the configuration portion for SEO url's I'm getting the following message at the top of my screen. Any ideas?

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/content/b/d/f/bdfdesign/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

Every other section appears to be working okay, I haven't turned it on because of the error.

Thanks for the help.

Try removing the first line from your .htaccess file

Options +FollowSymLinks

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Thanks mate, it works perfect far as I have tested.

Thanks again for you help and your contribution

PS: do I have to leave it that way for ever without anyother changing?