• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

PS - If it helps, this is my whats_new.php file, though it does have some modifications:

<?php
/*
 $Id: whats_new.php,v 1.31 2003/02/10 22:31:09 hpdl Exp $
 adapted for Separate Pricing Per Customer v4.1.x, Hide products and categories from groups 2006/06/22

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// BOF Hide products and categories from groups
 if ($random_product = tep_random_select("select p.products_id, p.products_master, products_image, products_tax_class_id, products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " using(products_id) left join " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " using(categories_id) where products_status = '1' and p.products_master = '0' and find_in_set('".$customer_group_id."', products_hide_from_groups) = 0 and find_in_set('" . $customer_group_id . "', categories_hide_from_groups) = 0 order by products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_RANDOM_SELECT_NEW)) {
// EOF Hide products and categories from groups
?>
<!-- whats_new //-->
	  <tr>
		<td>
<?php
 $random_product['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($random_product['products_id']);
 $random_product['specials_new_products_price'] = tep_get_products_special_price($random_product['products_id']);
// BOF Separate Pricing Per Customer
// global variable (session) $sppc_customer_group_id -> local variable customer_group_id

if(!tep_session_is_registered('sppc_customer_group_id')) { 
 $customer_group_id = '0';
 } else {
  $customer_group_id = $sppc_customer_group_id;
 }

if ($customer_group_id !='0') {
  $customer_group_price_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS . " where products_id = '" . $random_product['products_id'] . "' and customers_group_id = '" . $customer_group_id . "'");
  if ($customer_group_price = tep_db_fetch_array($customer_group_price_query)) {
	  $random_product['products_price'] = $customer_group_price['customers_group_price'];
  }
 }
// EOF Separate Pricing Per Customer

$info_box_contents = array();
$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_WHATS_NEW);

new WhatsNewBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false, tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW));

if (tep_not_null($random_product['specials_new_products_price'])) {
  $whats_new_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($random_product['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($random_product['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s><br>';
  $whats_new_price .= '<span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($random_product['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($random_product['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
} else {
  $whats_new_price = $currencies->display_price($random_product['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($random_product['products_tax_class_id']));
}

$info_box_contents = array();
$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'center',
							 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $random_product['products_image'], $random_product['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '">' . $random_product['products_name'] . '</a><br>' . $whats_new_price .'<br>');

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'center',
						   'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW) . '">' . "View Latest Additions" .'</a>');

new WhatsNewBox($info_box_contents);
?>
		</td>
	  </tr>
<!-- whats_new_eof //-->
<?php
 }
?>

hi,

Tracy i see in your description that you use seo urls with all products contribution

when you select an product from column left - what's new box are adding to shopping cart?

because at my version remane 0

i uninstalled "All Products" contribution and work

have you any ideea where is the mistake

apreciate any answer

thanks

Dani

~Tracy

I found OSC Max v2.0 RC 4, which has about 46 of the contribs already loaded and working together. It looks like this has everything I want in it.

Now, to find a hosting company that offers OSC Max instead of just OSC...

And you will have to use their support forum.

Need Help.

Installed 2.7 and have got stuck.

Its not working I am getting 404 error when I try to click on one of the categories or products. No idea where to start looking. I have checked install guide so many times and can not see what I have done wrong.

Need Help.

Installed 2.7 and have got stuck.

Its not working I am getting 404 error when I try to click on one of the categories or products. No idea where to start looking. I have checked install guide so many times and can not see what I have done wrong.

see post 3641

Hmmm- I don't have my "What's New" box set to add products to the cart.

Are you wanting it to add the product or no?

Are you making any changes to your includes/boxes/whats_new.php when you install "All Products" ?

if i disable the seo urls contrib. everything work normally

my question is: Ultimate Seo Urls work with AllProducts_SEO, Wishlist, SID_KILLER, IndependentSeoUrlValidation, HeaderTags_SEO and other contrib.?

i installed first this contributions and after seo urls and now i don't want to begin another time

have anyone this experience?

thanks

Dani

if i disable the seo urls contrib. everything work normally

my question is: Ultimate Seo Urls work with AllProducts_SEO, Wishlist, SID_KILLER, IndependentSeoUrlValidation, HeaderTags_SEO and other contrib.?

i installed first this contributions and after seo urls and now i don't want to begin another time

have anyone this experience?

thanks

Dani

Many of the contrib have made change to the same part of code. You have to check that the code you are supposed to replace is correct and not that any other contrib have changed it. Manytimes you have to alter the alteration due to different contrib is changing the same lines.

I always check the code i am to replace with what the contrib says it should be. Maybe you have overlooked something..

I dont know anything about the conflict between the users you mention and oscommerce, but i have heard there is some sort.

I suggest that you find out before passing judgements, I have. People like FWR Media and his cronies should be vilified by this community without measure. They spend much of their time on these forums recruiting people over to their copyright/trademark violating project.

As far as "great contributions" are concerned, again you are in the dark. I would suggest that you and anybody else using this piece of junk do some research. Find out what Google has to say in regard to URL rewrite and research the harm this contribution has done to sites. It is worthless.

How to call a spade a spade

Yes I've seen this before and it was related to the W3C and &/&

The example I remember was express where $params['RETURNURL'] used tep_href_link() this returned url had to be doctored to remove the & .. like ..

$params['RETURNURL'] = str_replace('&', '&', tep_href_link('ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php', 'osC_Action=retrieve', 'SSL', true, false));

Thanks for your answer!

May you tell me more about this? I couldn't find this code in the seo class.

FWR Media,

please make downloadable this modification because i think that is the answer of all my problems

if i disable from admin seo url all it's ok and shoppig cart are working

Thank you for all

No it's not in the seo class, the problem is that with the W3C option on .. all urls are generated with &

Then .. when a payment system uses a header redirect together with tep_href_link() the & is passed to the header redirect which simply wont work.

See if in the payment class or more like the IPN (if it has one) has a header("location line in it .. if it does then str_replace the & for &

Many of the contrib have made change to the same part of code. You have to check that the code you are supposed to replace is correct and not that any other contrib have changed it. Manytimes you have to alter the alteration due to different contrib is changing the same lines.

I always check the code i am to replace with what the contrib says it should be. Maybe you have overlooked something..

thank you for all

have you a suite contributions that you use?

Dani.

Hello, I installed the latest version, followed the install instructions to the letter BUT my catalog/store is not loading.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_convert_case() in /home/domain-here/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1810

Hi all,

Hopefully someone who reads this thread can help me; I use the dynamic sitemap contribution on our sites (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3306). The URLs within the sitemaps are written as query string URLs (as one would expect); however, as I already have Ultimate SEO URLs installed, I wondered if there might be a relatively easy way of writing the URLs to the XML files with the same formatting that Ultimate SEO URLs uses.

How does Ultimate SEO URLs construct the static links, does it absolutely rely on the htaccess file?

Cheers,

Paul

hello, I am having a problem with my urls...I have installed the ultimate SEO url contribution and it seemed like it was working fine, until I add a little more product and now the pages are being redirected to the wrong place....Google has indexed a lot of the pages and they go to the wrong product now....www.mrostop.com...can anyone help me on this?

for example, this url: www.mrostop.com/valves-drain-cock-c-2_20_117.html

goes to a wrong url

Please Help

I have installed the latest version and need some assistance.

I am running it on IIS6 with Mod ReWrite which seems to work ok as

if i go to http://www.shop.calibraweighing.co.uk/coun...cales-c-24.html it gets to the correct page

But as soon as I enable the SEO Urls i get a error web page that says Redirection limit for this URL exceeded.

I am completly stuck, it's not throwing any PHP errors or ReWrite errors that I can see

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

I have installed the latest version and it is working all right.

Thanks a lot!

But my client requested me one thing and I've been wondering how I could do...

My URL is currently like this;

http://www.xxxxx.com/country-manufacturer-mirror-p-65.html

All products are categorized under countries and manufacturers.

But my client asked me to change the URL like this;

http://www.xxxxx.com/country/manufacturer/mirror.html

I thought there were 2 tasks.

1.alter '-' to '/'.

2.delete '-p-65'.

To solve No.1, I tried to change this line in seoclass.php.

$define = 'define(\'PRODUCT_NAME_' . $product['id'] . '\', \'' .  $this->strip($product['manufacturer'] . ' - ' . $product['name']) . '\');';

But nothing has been changed.

And No.2 is also very difficult for me. I think 'p-65' is important to send the product's value and I have no idea how I should change.

Could anyone have done like this?

I appreciate any answer

Thanks

Aki

I did the install and when I go to home page it says,

"Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_href_link() (previously declared in /home5/homebrf0/public_html/includes/functions/html_output.php:15) in /home5/homebrf0/public_html/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 87"

Any sugestions

Custom PC's, Components, Liquid Cooling, Notebooks and More

This topic is so long, didn't want to go through all 184 pages of it.. Anyone have the latest install-seo.php for this package? I have looked through several of the last releases of the package and it appears to be missing. I found it in a few of the earlier packages, but they are of course out of date and don't work with the current database structure.

I installed the latest package of course, but can't enable it without the necessary database configuration entries generated by the install-seo.php file.

-Walt Zydhek

I have added the following to my htaccess file but it is not rewriting the authors_id to the seo-friendly redirect. Anyone know how to solve this?

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

I have the articles and the articles_info.php redirecting fine.

Thanks for your help

When i enable the Ultimte SEO URL

i got this Error "

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_convert_case() in /public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1810

Can anyone help me ?

the Mb String its just installed correctly!

Line 1810 looks like this : $anchor = ereg_replace($pattern, '', mb_convert_case($string, MB_CASE_LOWER, "utf-8"));

Can anyone help me please to get this working ?

Thanks in advance.....

I have added the following to my htaccess file but it is not rewriting the authors_id to the seo-friendly redirect. Anyone know how to solve this?

RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

I have the articles and the articles_info.php redirecting fine.

Thanks for your help

I just wanted to update everyone that I solved my issue. I did not have the proper seo.class.php file uploaded.

I've been looking at the code but can't work out the changes required.

Is it possible to change a category url from

http://www.myshop.com/-c-21.html

to

http://www.myshop.com/coffee-machines-c-21.html

and a product url from

http://www.myshop.com/-p-85.html

to

http://www.myshop.com/coffee-machines-comb...-more-p-85.html

where coffee-machines is the parent category rather than

http://www.myshop.com/combination-coffee-e...-more-p-85.html

or os it just "Add category parent to begining of URLs?" is not working on my version?

Thanks

G

Edited by geoffreywalton

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

What a long support thread. I scanned most of the pages and found several questions but no working answer to the following (if someone has a better solution please post again).

I wanted my URLs to have a slash between category name and product name. For example:

www.domain.com/category/product-name-here-p-1.html

I tried playing with the regx settings in seo.class.php around line 1810 (in function strip) but had no luck. So then I tried the following - and it works for me and what I wanted. I'm sure there is a better way so feel free to post if you have one.

First I updated the function generate_products_cache around line 2000 in seo.class.php. The zxxzqqqwz is just a random placeholder I used at this point because I had to distinguish the category dash from the product name dashes.

function generate_products_cache(){
	$this->is_cached($this->cache_file . 'products', $is_cached, $is_expired);	  
	if ( !$is_cached || $is_expired ) {

// MODIFIED QUERY TO SHOW CATEGORY INSTEAD OF MANUF.
					$sql = "SELECT p.products_id as id, pd.products_name as name, cd.categories_name as category 
					FROM ".TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES." ptc, ".TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION." cd, ".TABLE_PRODUCTS." p, ".TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION." pd 
					WHERE p.products_id = pd.products_id 
					and ptc.products_id = p.products_id
					and ptc.categories_id = cd.categories_id 
					and p.products_status='1' 
					and pd.language_id='".(int)$this->languages_id."'";

$product_query = $this->DB->Query( $sql );
	$prod_cache = '';
	while ($product = $this->DB->FetchArray($product_query)) {

// MODIFIED TO SHOW CATEGORY INSTEAD OF MANUF USING A SLASH
		$define = 'define(\'PRODUCT_NAME_' . $product['id'] . '\', \'' .  $this->strip($product['category'] . ' zxxzqqqwz ' . $product['name']) . '\');';

$prod_cache .= $define . "\n";
		eval("$define");
	}
	$this->DB->Free($product_query);
	$this->save_cache($this->cache_file . 'products', $prod_cache, 'EVAL', 1 , 1);
	unset($prod_cache);
	} else {
		$this->get_cache($this->cache_file . 'products');		
	}
} # end function

Then I modified the function strip around line 1800 in seo.class.php

function strip($string){
	if ( is_array($this->attributes['SEO_CHAR_CONVERT_SET']) ) $string = strtr($string, $this->attributes['SEO_CHAR_CONVERT_SET']);
	$pattern = $this->attributes['SEO_REMOVE_ALL_SPEC_CHARS'] == 'true'
					?	"([^[:alnum:]])+"
					:	"([[:punct:]])+";
	$anchor = ereg_replace($pattern, '', mb_convert_case($string, MB_CASE_LOWER, "utf-8"));
	$pattern = "([[:space:]]|[[:blank:]])+"; 
	$anchor = ereg_replace($pattern, '-', $anchor);
// MODIFIED TO REPLACE PLACEHOLDER WITH SLASH AFTER CATEGORY NAME
	$anchor = ereg_replace('-zxxzqqqwz-', '/', $anchor);

return $this->short_name($anchor); // return the short filtered name 
} # end function

I also applied this same logic to the function generate_categories_cache to put a slash between the category names in the URL when viewing a category/sub category page.

Be sure to reset your URL cache after applying the code changes.

Happy coding.

Hi,

I've been using Ultimate SEO URL's with great success, but recently I tried adding the following to the .htaccess so that index.php redirected to /

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^.*$

RewriteRule ^index\.php$ "http\:\/\/www\.oneofakind\.org\.uk" [R=301,L]

This works as expected but it also causes the category rewrites to stop working. Everything else is unaffected. Any ideas of what I need to change to get both to work together?

Complete contents of .htaccess

# $Id: .htaccess 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

#

# This is used with Apache WebServers

#

# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to

# the AllowOverride configuration

#

# Example:

#

# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">

# AllowOverride Options

# </Directory>

#

# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the

# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet

# Explorer browsers

#<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>

# <IfDefine SSL>

# SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \

# nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \

# downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

# </IfDefine>

#</IfModule>

# If Search Engine Friendly URLs do not work, try enabling the

# following Apache configuration parameter

AcceptPathInfo On

# Fix certain PHP values

# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain

# servers)

# php_value session.use_trans_sid 0

# php_value register_globals 1

ErrorDocument 404 /index.php

# Ultimate SEO URLs BEGIN

Options +FollowSymLinks All -Indexes

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

#RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^.*$

#RewriteRule ^index\.php$ "http\:\/\/www\.oneofakind\.org\.uk" [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^options\=(.*)$

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2%1

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# Added polls and newsdesk

#RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# BOF: Faqdesk support added by faaliyet

RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# EOF: Faqdesk support added by faaliyet

# Ultimate SEO URLs END

# Block Bad Bots

RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^BlackWidow [OR]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Bot\ mailto:[email protected] [OR]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^ChinaClaw [OR]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Custo [OR]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^DISCo [OR]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Download\ Demon [OR]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^eCatch [OR]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^EirGrabber [OR]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^EmailSiphon [OR]