• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

As addition for SEO contrib it would make sense to enhance the functionality for products which have disabled in the database

f.e. if you disable a product which is indexed in f.e. google the next time google visit this products_info.php google will receive an 302 redirection instead of 404 or 301.

with a small modification in the database (add a new field in products table f.e. products_new_id) you can use this to tell search engines that the

side was no longer available 404 or removed permanently 301 and redirect them to the new product id.

Only a suggestion, if anybody knows how to solve this it would be nice to get feedback on this

I am using the 2.6 version + added the language fix from portafixe, many thanks for that! :D

It is indeed very nice to have the different language pages indexed, well, to be honest it's even a must for me. Only now there is one problem...

My default language is English and all links work without the attached ...?language=en to the url, but now there is a duplicate content since all pages are also available WITH the ...?language=en

I have tried to use the addon "Google Duplicate Content Manager", which can add a meta tag noindex to the language pages, but then the essential fix from portafixe is not beneficial anymore.

Does anybody have a fix for this?

Thanks.

Have done some thinking and maybe it's possible to change portafixe's fix to exclude the "en" language. Only problem is that I don't have a clue how to do that since I am no programmer...

Can anybody help me?

Here is portafixe's code:

if ($this->not_null($parameters)) { 
		$link .= $this->parse_parameters($page, $parameters, $separator);
		if (!(strstr($link,'language='))){
			if ((strstr($link,'?')) || (strstr($link,'&'))){
				$link .= '&language=' . URL_LANGUAGE;
			}else{
				$link .= '?language=' . URL_LANGUAGE;
			}
		}
	} else {
		$link .= $page;
		$link .= '?language=' . URL_LANGUAGE;
	}

Mmm, maybe I should think before I post...

Since there always will and always should be a link somewhere to .../?language=en, even a fix to portafixe's code will do no good.

So now my hope is that it is possible to exclude .../?language=en from being indexed by using addon "Google Duplicate Content Manager". Support thread located here http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;gopid=1371080

Hi

I nuked everything and reinstalled and now I can get into the admin section and Ultimate Seo Urls v2.6 and it seems to be working!

Wooo Hooo!

I do have another issue I was hoping to get some assistance on.

The first time you load the page - if you click on the main header link you get this error:

"The requested URL /athletic-wear-c-3 was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.ot-kutur.ru Port 80"

I noticed if you hover over the link object it shows the long database url which I guess is the whole reason Ultimate SEO URLs was created. :rolleyes:

When you click on the main header link you get the error above. After clicking on a few random links the page is then available - I guess after Ultimate SEO URLs kicks in and starts working.

How can I fix that?

Everything is working except for that small glitch! I am so close I can almost taste victory. . . .

My Site is here:

http://www.ot-kutur.ru/

The main header link I am talking about is in the text in the main header that says "BE IN Vogue! - Be With Us"

After it starts working you are taken here:

http://www.ot-kutur.ru/athletic-wear-c-3.html

:blink:

Edited by chaos_coa

Hi everyone,

I installed SEO URL module, and I have problem in my categories. When I have to much products, pagination does`nt work.

I noticed that i lost 'page=' attribute in url address.

My question is how to write rewriteRule to add this "page=" part to url

my rewriteRule for category is :

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

or my thinking is wrong and I should look for some other reason?

please help me.

Marcin

Hi - I am still having this issue and I cannot figure it out!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Step 1

I reinstalled os commerce locally on a test machine and noticed that before Ultimate SEO URLs is installed if you mouse over the the graphic in the main header (BE in Vogue! Be With Us") you get a URL like this in the status panel - lower left for firefox:

//192.168.1.XXX/index.php?cPath=3?osCsid=26eb66d9b2eb3d091c1cff7cbc04bd27

Step 2

When you click on the Be in Vogue link in the main header the page does NOT give an error like on my production site but it does go to a URL like this:

//192.168.1.XXX/index.php?cPath=3?osCsid=f5891a95bdddb81b47fbe5384a87e0f2

Step 3

After clicking around on a few links if I click once again on the Be in Vogue link in the main header the page the URL changes to:

//192.168.1.XXX/index.php?cPath=3

On my production site if you click on the Be in Vogue link in the main header (as you do in step 2 above) of the page you get this:

Not Found

The requested URL /cool-clothing-c-8 was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.ot-kutur.ru Port 80

This happens every time you 1st load the page - so if any new user to my site clicks on my 2 main links in the main header bad they will get a 404 Not found error.

When I go to the admin panel and shut it off I no longer get the error as I found in my test site that does not have ultimate SEO URLs installed . ..

How can I fix this?

Edited by chaos_coa

One thing I have noticed is that the instructions state this for configuration:

Add cPath to product URLs? *NEW*

Default Setting: false

This setting enables/disables the option of adding the cPath parameter to the end of product pages.

Example: some-product-p-1.html?cPath=xx

This setting seems to have no effect?

No matter how this is set I get URLs that end in this: cPath=8

Could it be this new addition that is causing this?

Perhaps a workaround:

In Includes - header.php

I changed:

<td><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('index.php?cPath=8')?>"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'slogan.jpg')?></a><br><?php echo tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '1', '14'); ?><br>
											<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('index.php?cPath=3')?>"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'header_button.jpg','','','',' style="margin-left:125px;	"')?></a>

To

<td><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('contact_us.php')?>"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'slogan.jpg')?></a><br><?php echo tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '1', '14'); ?><br>
											<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('specials.php')?>"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'header_button.jpg','','','',' style="margin-left:125px;	"')?></a>

Basically changing the link from -

tep_href_link('index.php?cPath=8') and <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('index.php?cPath=3')

To tep_href_link('contact_us.php') and <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('specials.php')

Perhaps those C-path links are not supposed to be in the header?

I have not seen that page not found error since.

I am guessing that the links from that template were meant to be changed?

Hoping that I can install the Article Manager contribution and point those links to something more meaningful like an about us page . . or something of the sorts. . .

I installed this version. ( 2.1d ORIGINAL updated - Jack_mcs - 23 Nov 2008 )

but the product page, category name, still does not appear

How can we fix the following format.

e.g www.mydomain.com/category/subcategory/product

thanks

I installed this version. ( 2.1d ORIGINAL updated - Jack_mcs - 23 Nov 2008 )

but the product page, category name, still does not appear

How can we fix the following format.

e.g www.mydomain.com/category/subcategory/product

thanks

I'm with the guy above... anyone here have a simple modification to have the product url this:

example.com/category/subcategory/product-p-1-.html

I'm sure this is an extremely easy modification so please help us out. Thanks!

I'm with the guy above... anyone here have a simple modification to have the product url this:

example.com/category/subcategory/product-p-1-.html

I'm sure this is an extremely easy modification so please help us out. Thanks!

If there is no practical way to sit simple. this yes I will try.

because shadowrider modf(10-feb-2009): "Added manufacturer to product url"

I've reviewed the code, I guess we can add them in the same way.

Edited by reel

If there is no practical way to sit simple. this yes I will try.

because shadowrider modf(10-feb-2009): "Added manufacturer to product url"

I've reviewed the code, I guess we can add them in the same way.

Ok, let me know what you come up with as I have no clue all this coding stuff. Thanks!

Hi,

Still quite new to Oscommerce, so please be gentle if I ask what appears to be obvious ;-)

I've installed SEO URLS 2.6 and all is working, or I thought it was until I noticed an error in Google with the sitemap and redirections.

Products URLS are fine and work as expected. But, the category URLS show ok i.e. http://www.oneofakind.org.uk/sale-c-141.html is shown as the URL for a category called 'Sale' but clicking on the link takes you to http://www.oneofakind.org.uk/?cPath=141

Not what I expected. Any and ALL help very much appreciated

Steve

Perhaps a workaround:

In Includes - header.php

I changed:

<td><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('index.php?cPath=8')?>"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'slogan.jpg')?></a><br>
<?php echo tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '1', '14'); ?><br>

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('index.php?cPath=3')?>"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'header_button.jpg','','','',' style="margin-left:125px;	"')?></a>

To

<td><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('contact_us.php')?>"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'slogan.jpg')?></a><br>
<?php echo tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '1', '14'); ?><br>

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('specials.php')?>"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'header_button.jpg','','','',' style="margin-left:125px;	"')?></a>

Basically changing the link from -

tep_href_link('index.php?cPath=8') and <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('index.php?cPath=3')

To tep_href_link('contact_us.php') and <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('specials.php')

Perhaps those C-path links are not supposed to be in the header?

I have not seen that page not found error since.

I am guessing that the links from that template were meant to be changed?

Hoping that I can install the Article Manager contribution and point those links to something more meaningful like an about us page . . or something of the sorts. . .

normally the right format for using tep_href_link is tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=3', 'NONSSL') f.e.

Just installed 2.6, and while the URLs are being created, I can't access the pages (get 404 errors). This is my second time installing this particular contrib, and the first one went off without a hitch. The only differences between the two stores is the first one is in the root and this one is in a folder.

http://www.therockinspired.com/products/

I did change the RewriteBase to /products/ in the htaccess file, but is there something else I might have missed?

Edited by akansan

Well after some coding I've came up with the following code to the manufacturer to product url that will add the category name to the url. So far this is what I have:

the SQL:

$sql = "SELECT p.products_id as id, pd.products_name as name, c.categories_id as id, cd.categories_name as cname FROM ".TABLE_CATEGORIES." c, ".TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION." cd, ".TABLE_PRODUCTS." p, ".TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION." pd, ".TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES." ptc WHERE p.products_id=ptc.products_id and c.categories_id=ptc.categories_id and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and p.products_status='1'";

and the below portion:

while ($product = $this->DB->FetchArray($product_query)) {

$define = 'define(\'PRODUCT_NAME_' . $product['id'] . '\', \'' .

$this->strip($product['cname']) . '/' . $this->strip($product['name']) . '\');';

$prod_cache .= $define . "\n";

eval("$define");

The only problem with the code above is it pulls the category as the product id. So in otherwords.. if product 3 is in category 1 it will still display category 3 for product 3. Im not an SQL programmer but I know thats where we need to look at. Maybe do something with the PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES table.

If anyone can fix my code above to display the proper category I will release alot of my mods to oscommerce including a completely converted version from tables to a div/css version. Thanks!

Hi,

Still quite new to Oscommerce, so please be gentle if I ask what appears to be obvious ;-)

I've installed SEO URLS 2.6 and all is working, or I thought it was until I noticed an error in Google with the sitemap and redirections.

Products URLS are fine and work as expected. But, the category URLS show ok i.e. http://www.oneofakind.org.uk/sale-c-141.html is shown as the URL for a category called 'Sale' but clicking on the link takes you to http://www.oneofakind.org.uk/?cPath=141

Not what I expected. Any and ALL help very much appreciated

Steve

Any ideas?

Thanks

I know this is going back a bit please bear with me.

The documentation says

In this release the cName method of URL generation has been DISCONTINUED. If you are hosted on a Windows server or otherwise need the cName method please use v2.0b

So I have installed v2.0b on a osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a site.

All the category links are working fine

Digital cameras >> http://www.hartsphoto.co.za/catalog/index....digital-cameras

but

Nintendo >> http://www.hartsphoto.co.za/catalog/index.php?cName=nintendo

and

Apple Ipod >> http://www.hartsphoto.co.za/catalog/index....Name=apple-ipod

both display "Category Categories" rather than the category "contents".

Admin settings are:

Enable SEO URLs? true Info

Choose URL Type cName Info

Filter Short Words 3 Info

Reset SEO URLs Cache false

Reseting SEO URLs Cache sorts it out but a couple of days later it stop working again.

This site, is running on a W**d**s server, (Mic**soft-IIS/6.0)

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

I know this is going back a bit please bear with me.

The documentation says

So I have installed v2.0b on a osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a site.

All the category links are working fine

Digital cameras >> http://www.hartsphoto.co.za/catalog/index....digital-cameras

but

Nintendo >> http://www.hartsphoto.co.za/catalog/index.php?cName=nintendo

and

Apple Ipod >> http://www.hartsphoto.co.za/catalog/index....Name=apple-ipod

both display "Category Categories" rather than the category "contents".

Admin settings are:

Enable SEO URLs? true Info

Choose URL Type cName Info

Filter Short Words 3 Info

Reset SEO URLs Cache false

Reseting SEO URLs Cache sorts it out but a couple of days later it stop working again.

This site, is running on a W**d**s server, (Mic**soft-IIS/6.0)

Sounds to me like a MySQL5 server and that older version having non compatible queries. The original 2.1d had this issue also.

open up seo.class.php and compare the category queries with the ones from 2.1d ORIGINAL updated.

Hope that helps.

Rob

Sounds to me like a MySQL5 server and that older version having non compatible queries. The original 2.1d had this issue also.

open up seo.class.php and compare the category queries with the ones from 2.1d ORIGINAL updated.

Hope that helps.

Rob

Thanks early bird!!

Sounds like I could be off to left join heaven.

Edited by geoffreywalton

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

I have a funny issue in that when I turn on the ultimate SEO contribution I can not perform any manufacturer filters from my drop down menus, it just reverts to the home page.

i.e. if I select a manufacturer from the drop down menu from the left hand column on my home page it just refreshes the home page's contents. Also, if i'm looking at a series of products within a category and select that manufacturer drop down filter at the top of the product listing it again goes back to the index.php home page.

When it returns to the home page, instead of doing the manufacturer search, it appends this on to the end of the URL: /index.php?catalog=index.php

However, I turn the seo function off and these search / filters all work perfectly.

Another strange thing is I can access the search engine friendly page for the manufacturer by typing it in directly. e.g. /catalog/microsoft-m-2.html. It just seems like how it's handling the initial call from picking an option on any of my drop down menu's.

Is it likely to be a .htaccess issue? Could it be a mySQL problem (I'm thinking it might not be this, as the filters work when the contrib is turned off).