• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hi Chris,

Check some files like install.html in the root of the package and others inside the docs directory.

<!--

This document is licensed under the Open Public License v1.0

Should this document fall in violation of this Public License 1.0 the scripts

contained within this package will also revert to Open Public License v1.0

and will no longer be considered GNU Public License and must be removed from

public access.

Regards,

Howard

Hi, I downloaded Ultimate_SEO_URLsv21da, the latest verion, and followed the instruction in install.html. I still could not find configuration => SEO URLs. I double checked that I have done step 4.

What else could it be? Do I need to install 2.1 first?

Thank you very much

Sand

Hi,

I am in the same boat - have installed the latest version 2.1d, and have done step 4.

Yet I do not see SEO URLs in the configuration menu.

I have also looked in the database, and the configuration tables have not been updated.

Would appreciate your help in pointing me in the right direction.

thanks

Sam

Hi

My eternal problem with session id's: i installed ultimate seo url's latest version ...everithing goes fine exept the session id's - they still remail there eaven after multiple clicks. I've done some research, but i couldn't find nothing. This problem makes me go insane for a week now... I still got product-name-c-number.html?osCsid=a7blablalbabla....

I don't have a ssl yet, so i can't force cookies....but i know oscommerce sites without ssl wich still have normal url's, without the session id's...

Can i get some help please? Pretty please? :blush: My site is www.s1s.ro

Ps: i managed to solve the problem with "the page isn't redirecting properly"...Enable automatic redirects: false :D

Just installed this contrib.

and it looks great, only i don't see any config in the admin panel, and it does't create a table cach :'(

It looks like it does't do install_settings()

Did i do something wrong? i did do all the steps in the install and dubble checked it.....

General Notice:

When installing ensure modifications are made to the files on the correct side i.e. admin files versus catalog files.

Edited by yesudo

Your online success is Paramount.

Again another question :)

I can't seem to add a product to the shopping cart when i am @ the product info page...

The rest works fine!, if someone knows of this problem please let me know via this reply or PM.

Thanx for the help so far!

Again another question :)

I can't seem to add a product to the shopping cart when i am @ the product info page...

The rest works fine!, if someone knows of this problem please let me know via this reply or PM.

Thanx for the help so far!

the problem you encounter is not a result of this contribution.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Please can I ask for guidance on this contribution

I am trying to understand the contribution and have installed it on a local system under apache

I have installed as directed (at least I think I have!) . I am using the latest version

I had an initial problem with

Server error! The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script. If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster. Error 500

Apache/2.2.2 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.2 OpenSSL/0.9.8a mod_autoindex_color PHP/4.4.2

I seem to have overcome this by following the advice to mod the

configurations in the Apache httpd.conf configuration file to be: AllowOverride All.....................

By default, Apache in Xampp is set with mod_rewrite turned off. There's already a line of code in the \xampp\apache\conf\httpd.conf which says:

#LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

Simply remove the # and you're good to go

I have been careful to close and restart the apache service

I can now load the shop but there is no difference in the URL's ie the "Cpath" is still there

In addition there is no entry in the admin section. The admin section is running under admin level access2 and whilst I have looked at putting the necessary code changes in to allow the system to see the contribution, given the unusual approach of this contribution there does not appear to be a file or files that I can ask the system to recognize.

The shop seems to perform ok otherwise although I have not got as far as testing the additions by Emmett although I have reset the cache (disabled enabled)

I have checked and rechecked the code and followed Bobby's comments on troubleshooting and have read the thread, but I have now exhausted my ideas and wonder what to do next. I have made a mistake somewhere but have no idea how to isolate it. I am not sure whether the mistake is one or many

I would be very grateful for guidance on how I should approach this or areas where I should start to look

Thank you

Nossum

General Notice:

When installing ensure modifications are made to the files on the correct side i.e. admin files versus catalog files.

Emmett

Can I check my understanding please.

Bobby in his installation comments specifies when the files are on the "admin" side otherwise it would appear to be on the "catalog" side. I have also compared that understanding by reference to the contribution files and where they are positioned. Am I interpreting things correctly please?

Thank you

Nossum

Hello Nossum,

Examples:

includes/functions/general.php versus admin/includes/functions/general.php

and

includes/application_top.php versus admin/includes/application_top.php

Cheers,

Emmett

Hello all and thank you for your time and knowledge.

I have just installed the contribution but it does not appear under admin - configuration.

I think I have understood the instructions and added the class files and modified the files mentioned in the install instructions (by the way, the best contribution install instructions I have seen so far)

ADMIN SIDE

/admin/categories.php

/admin/includes/reset_seo_cache.php

/admin/includes/functions/general.php

/admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php

CATALOG SIDE

/includes/application_top.php

/includes/classes/seo.class.php

/includes/functions/html_output.php

Did I get it right?

But SEO URLs is not visible on my Admin - Configuration page ... neither it has created the additional fields in the configuration table. And I can not figure out where the problem or error is.

Thank you.

* Sorry for the doubled message, but I made a mistake and posted this same message out of this thread. I apologize and hope you can take it as a mistake and not as a cross post.

Hello Nelus,

If you can pm me your ftp details and I'll take a look.

Where i have done this in the past - it has always been an install error.

Cheers,

Emmett

Hello Nelus,

If you can pm me your ftp details and I'll take a look.

Where i have done this in the past - it has always been an install error.

Cheers,

Emmett

I really appreciate your help Emmett, but I think I've got it.

I post my personal experience in case someone find it useful.

The problem was on the code added to application_top.php

This is the original code:

if (SEO_ENABLED == 'true') {

include_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'seo.class.php');

if ( !is_object($seo_urls) ){

$seo_urls = new SEO_URL($languages_id);

}

}

If the outer if is not commented, the class is never loaded, and therefore the cache table and the other stuff is never created. I commented the outer if to let seo.class.php get loaded for the first time. It worked and that way the tables were created and SEO URLs appeared in Admin - configuration. After that, I uncommented the outer if to leave the code as it was originally.

I found then a second problem .... The seo.class.php file threw an error complaining about the gzdeflate function, telling that it was undefined. PHP does not build it in by default as I have just learnt. Once I have activated the zLib extension to php, all worked fine.

Thank you for this great contribution.

I really appreciate your help Emmett, but I think I've got it.

I post my personal experience in case someone find it useful.

The problem was on the code added to application_top.php

This is the original code:

}

}

If the outer if is not commented, the class is never loaded, and therefore the cache table and the other stuff is never created. I commented the outer if to let seo.class.php get loaded for the first time. It worked and that way the tables were created and SEO URLs appeared in Admin - configuration. After that, I uncommented the outer if to leave the code as it was originally.

New upload, to correct this, available in the contributions area.

-----

Thank you for this great contribution.

My element is only a very small part in the overall contribution - but thanx.

Edited by yesudo

-----

Hi Emmett,

Are the problems that people are experiencing with the config not being loaded into the Admin something to do with Bobby's original contrib, or has it crept in with your new version? Just trying to understand why so many people are having problems with it now when noone used to have problems with it before.

Or is it simply people not following the installation instructions properly?

Cheers,

Chris :)

Hello Chris,

It is a combination.

There is an old fix by Randelia (dated 7/11/05) - which means sites do not break when the URL marker is set to false.

This fix appears in 2.1da but not 2.1d.

The fix was creating the issue - but now that should work correctly.

Users of 2.1d will need to apply the Randelia fix and also my amendment to that fix.

Cheers,

Emmett

Edited by yesudo

-----

Emmett Hi

I wondered whether this was the answer to my problem a couple of posts back (1164)

Unfortunately when I implemented it I got

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\application_top.php on line 297)

// Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1
if (SEO_ENABLED == 'true' or !isset(SEO_ENABLED)) {
	}
}

I found that if I removed the spaces in the third line of code between the brackets it works ok

// Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1
  if (!is_object($seo_urls)){
	}
}

Does this make sense?

Unfortunately it wasn't the source of my problem - I think I am going back to square one and start from scratch

Thank you

Nossum

It is a combination.

I didn't have those application top problems even though I applied Randalia's fix.... hmm wonder why?

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH