• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

1 hour ago, raiwa said:

With my suggested "core" change the following 3 options for products breadcrumb would be available:

In the meantime, for those using Header Tags SEO, you can display the name of the item in the breadcrumb or make up your own. There is also an option to include the model number.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Brian @brian_cee,

Sorry, I didn't know that you are using Jack's Header Tags SEO and I neither knew that it also allows to use the products name in breadcrumb.

My breadcrumb modification in application_top.php is for shops which do not use Header Tags SEO. So please, use one thing: Jack's Heeader Tags SEO OR my modification, not both.

Your question should still be posted in another topic: Header Tags SEO

2 hours ago, raiwa said:

Brian @brian_cee,

Sorry, I didn't know that you are using Jack's Header Tags SEO and I neither knew that it also allows to use the products name in breadcrumb.

My breadcrumb modification in application_top.php is for shops which do not use Header Tags SEO. So please, use one thing: Jack's Heeader Tags SEO OR my modification, not both.

Your question should still be posted in another topic: Header Tags SEO

I don't currently use Header Tags SEO, but if there's an option in that to use product titles in the breadcrumb, I guess I will.

I quoted Jack's signature because I thought you were differentiating  between version of the Ultimate SEO urls, now I see that you were referring to the difference between Header Tags SEO and Ultimate SEO urls..... my fault completely, as I'm so lost I thought the breadcrumb override thing was part of the Ultimate SEO addon installation.....

• 1 month later...

Hello every body ! :smile:

I work on an Oscommerce shop with Ultimate SEO URL, how to remove .html?

http://www.treuil4x4.com/catalogue/treuils-tmax-c-124.html

to

http://www.treuil4x4.com/catalogue/treuils-tmax-c-124/

I have already done some tests but if I delete the .html (on .htaccess and include/class/seo.class.php

It make me duplicate page ! (by deleting the '-')... like this

http://www.treuil4x4.com/catalogue/treuils-tmax-c-124.html
http://www.treuil4x4.com/catalogue/treuils-tmax-c-124/
http://www.treuil4x4.com/catalogue/treuilstmax-c-124/

How to remove .html properly? without making the contribution bug?

Thank you !

• 3 weeks later...

Hello , @Jack_mcs
It would be nice to update the installation instructions of Ultimate SEO V 2.2d to the latest version of OsCommerce 2.3.4.1 BS Edge.

Many of the "Find this code:" do not match, and maybe the "REPLACE with this function:" should also be updated ... ??

If this contribution is so important, why not incorporate it into the version Edge "Final" of @burt ?

Best regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

5 hours ago, valquiria23 said:

It would be nice to update the installation instructions of Ultimate SEO V 2.2d to the latest version of OsCommerce 2.3.4.1 BS Edge.

It's on my list of things to do. But this addon isn't locked so please feel free to make the changes and upload a new version. If you do that, please upload a full version since partial uploads cause confusion.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2018 at 1:13 AM, valquiria23 said:

sorry @burt 

I did not understand what you wanted to say, could you please clarify?

Best regards,

Valqui

URLs for SEO have been irrelevant for a long time.

To suggest that this code goes into Edge...make me raise my eyebrow.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I want to remove this c id or convert the _ underscore of the URL to a - please?

Example from this url

additions-c-25_68.html

I want to either remove this cID from the url completely

It would be great if it can be made like this

additions.html

or

remove the underscore.

additions-c-25-68.html

Please can you guide me on how to do it...

Thank you in advance;

Regds/

radhavallabh

Edited by radhavallabh

1 hour ago, radhavallabh said:

Hi

I want to remove this c id or convert the _ underscore of the URL to a - please?

Example from this url

additions-c-25_68.html

I want to either remove this cID from the url completely

It would be great if it can be made like this

additions.html

or

remove the underscore.

additions-c-25-68.html

Please can you guide me on how to do it...

@radhavallabh,

this is not possible without mayor code changes and not recommended for this contribution. It would break the URLs if numbers are used in the categories or product names.

It has already been discussed here:

If you wish to use URLs without category and product numbers, have a look on this:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/hjiu1

There is another one, but it seems it is not updated to work with latest 2.3.4.1 CE Frozen:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/1U3lG&seo-g

Kind regards

Rainer

Edited by raiwa

@radhavallabhI haven't tried the addons @raiwamentioned so I can't say how well they work. But be aware that they may not work with the google sitemap addon which, in my opinion, all sites should install.

Also, I'm curious, why does the numbers in the url bother you? This has come up many times before but I don't recall a reason for it. They don't have an affect on SEO so the only reason I can think of is appearance.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

• Changed some of the definitions that were previously missed, like FILENAME_INFORMATION
  • Fixed typo in seo.class.php as found by member @altoid.
  • Updated the instructions to match the latest CE version of oscommrece.
  • Updated seo.class.php file to work with php 7.0 supplied by member @raiwa.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack, running php 7.2.8 here and in the error checking mode I see this:

Notice: Undefined variable: seo_urls in /home/barkav5/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 295

Line 295 is:

if ( !is_object($seo_urls) ){

Any suggestions?

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

7 minutes ago, altoid said:

Hi Jack, running php 7.2.8 here and in the error checking mode I see this:

Notice: Undefined variable: seo_urls in /home/barkav5/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 295

Line 295 is:

if ( !is_object($seo_urls) ){

Any suggestions?

try checking for existence first:

if ( ! (isset($seo_urls) && is_object($seo_urls)) ){

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

17 hours ago, BrockleyJohn said:

try checking for existence first:

if ( ! (isset($seo_urls) && is_object($seo_urls)) ){

John, I updated the code and ran an error check.  All's good now.

Thank you

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

In checking my error log I find this:

PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: page in /home/barkav5/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 2626

the lines 2626-2628 show

$url = $this->make_url($page, $this
->get_category_name($actualID), 'cPath',
 $fullID, '.html');

I don't see this warning so I can't say for sure but I think this will fix it. Find this line

$url = $this->make_url($page, $this->get_category_name($actualID), 'cPath', $fullID, '.html');

and add this above it

$page = (! (isset($page) && tep_not_null($page) ?: basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']));

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

1 hour ago, Jack_mcs said:

I don't see this warning so I can't say for sure but I think this will fix it. Find this line

$url = $this->make_url($page, $this->get_category_name($actualID), 'cPath', $fullID, '.html');

and add this above it

$page = (! (isset($page) && tep_not_null($page) ?: basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']));

Got this error...but added an ) at the end as so and it seems OK

PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/barkav5/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 2626

$page = (! (isset($page) && tep_not_null($page) ?: basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'])));

Checking error log, I don't see any more for this issue after the update.

So looks goo on that.  Thank you