• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

i sent u pm with site url. i have tried it without

Options +FollowSymLinks

one of the other sites is based on 2.2 and has over 100 k and that works fine with this addon..

I just tried with cahcing off and it work.Wont cache off slow down the site..i ams also getting this error.. Undefined variable: actaulID includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 2641

Edited by nafri

I took a look at your site and see it is working. It is a little sluggish but that is more because of how your site is setup than this addon, I think. You can check that by disabling this addon in admin and see if there is much difference.

The error you are getting is because there is a type in the current version. The actaulID at that location should be actualID. This has been fixed in the latest version but I haven't had time to prepare the package and upload it.

As for the cache, yes, not using it might cause a slow down, though I don't think much. You can enable the performance checking option to be sure. For some reason, the original author coded it to check all of the products when looking up a cache value and that causes a problem when there is a large number of them. You can play around with the various cache options to see if just having some enabled will help or not.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

hi

with mysql_* functions soon to be removed from PHP i wonder if anyone has made an effort of converting the seo.class over to use mysqli_* (and is willing to share)?

i must admit i didnt read the entire thread but i did search this topic for 'mysqli' and didnt get much. i tried editing the class myself but failed miserably. but it looks like only a few lines actually need changing. help is much appreciated. cheers,

.....This has been fixed in the latest version but I haven't had time to prepare the package and upload it.

Hi Jack,

Will your new version be compatible with 2.3.3.4? as This is a great contribution - and is one of my "Must Have" mods for my development store

Many Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Hi,

Have been having a weird problem recently where on various sites the include/classes/seo.class.php just disappears possibly server related a simple new upload solves the problem.

Been thinking of first changing the file permissions

any ideas??

regards

Joli

Edited by joli1811
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Heather: I have it installed and working in a 2.3.3.4 shop here locally as well as in a live shop - no problems. What problems are you having? Any errors?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

John: There isn't any code in place to cause the file to be deleted. Someone else mentioned a problem like this but I don't remember if it was with this addon or not. I don't recall the fix or even if the person found the cause.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Heather: I have it installed and working in a 2.3.3.4 shop here locally as well as in a live shop - no problems. What problems are you having? Any errors?

Hi Jack,

The problem manifests itself as blank pages - looking at the error logs I can see that the error is caused by

Options +FollowSymLinks

in the .htaccess file - I also tried amending this to

Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch

without any change. Is the +FollowSymLinks code a security risk and being blocked by my server config?

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

John: There isn't any code in place to cause the file to be deleted. Someone else mentioned a problem like this but I don't remember if it was with this addon or not. I don't recall the fix or even if the person found the cause.

Thanks for the info Jack it is a strange one does not seem to be happening on rc2 shops just 2.3.....so tracking now in my error logs will try changing file permissions a bit I am using your version from Jack_mcs 15 Jan 2011 maybe try replacing the file with another version.

I get the feeling this is somehow server related so will ask them as well.

Regards

John

Hi Jack,

The problem manifests itself as blank pages - looking at the error logs I can see that the error is caused by

Options +FollowSymLinks

in the .htaccess file - I also tried amending this to

Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch

without any change. Is the +FollowSymLinks code a security risk and being blocked by my server config?

Ok - Found that this works in my .htaccess file

Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch -Indexes

So all is good - Thanks Jack

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info Jack it is a strange one does not seem to be happening on rc2 shops just 2.3.....so tracking now in my error logs will try changing file permissions a bit I am using your version from Jack_mcs 15 Jan 2011 maybe try replacing the file with another version.

I get the feeling this is somehow server related so will ask them as well.

Regards

John

FOr the disappearing file problem, see Heathers post here.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

FOr the disappearing file problem, see Heathers post here.

Yes Jack thought so going to confirm with my server have written a support ticket x 2 instances of Base64 in the seo.class.php which may trigger the sweep

will report back the answer from my server

Thanks for the info

Regards

Joli

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the contribution and urls out perfect but I have two problems when Access to admin:

1- before login :

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /xxx/xxx/public_html/tienda/admin/includes/functions/general.php:2642) in /xxx/xxx/public_html/tienda/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

2- After login:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /xxx/xxx/public_html/tienda/admin/includes/functions/general.php:2642) in /xxx/xxx/public_html/tienda/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /xxx/xxx/public_html/tienda/admin/includes/functions/general.php:2642) in /xxx/xxx/public_html/tienda/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 43

Can help me?

Thanks in advance for your help.

When you made the change to the admin/includes/functions/general.php, an extra space or two was added to the end of the file, probably due to the editor you are using. You need to edit that file and make sure the very last line in the file is ?>

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you very much, that solved the error but there are two problems:

1 - When entering from the manager to the SEO URLs configuration option I get the following message:

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /public_html/tienda/admin/configuration.php on line 80

2 - On the urls Store now showing no special characters out in Spanish example:ñ, í, ó.. etc.. any advice?

The first problem doesn't have anything to do with this addon. See the various threads in these forums about handling ereg problems. The second problem is because you haven't filled in the cross reference option in the settings.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, I have setup Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d on http://thinkingbooks.co.uk/bookshop/ and the SEO frielndly URLs are displaying ok but they all resolve to error 404.

I have checked both configue.php files and cannot see any issues. the site (early days) runs fine with Enable SEO URLs set to false.

configure files (edited for privacy): admin\includes

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://thinkingbooks.co.uk');

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://thinkingbooks.co.uk/bookshop/');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://thinkingbooks.co.uk/bookshop/');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false');

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/content/*****/html/thinkingbooks/bookshop/');

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/bookshop/admin/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/content/****/html/thinkingbooks/bookshop/admin/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/bookshop/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/content/****/html/thinkingbooks/bookshop/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

define('DB_SERVER', '*****');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '*****');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '*****');

define('DB_DATABASE', '*****');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

\Includes\

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://thinkingbooks.co.uk');

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'http://thinkingbooks.co.uk');

define('ENABLE_SSL', false);

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/bookshop/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/bookshop/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/bookshop/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/bookshop/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/content/*****/html/thinkingbooks/bookshop/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

define('DB_SERVER', '*****');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '*****');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '*****');

define('DB_DATABASE', '*****');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

Hello All,

I have upgrade my shop to 2.3.3.4 and then found out that the special character conversion didn't work. Instead of converting the special characters, it just removed them from the URL.

ie. Category /mydomain/Sportausrüstung ü=>ue should produce /mydomain/Sportausruestung

Anywhere else on my site all special characters are displayed correctly.

My Database is UTF-8 with uft8_unicode_ci

My list of conversion in the admin Ü=>Ue,ü=>ue,Ö=>Oe,ö=>oe,Ä=>Ae,ä=>ae,ß=>ss

I've re-instaled this addon, but if didn't help.

In this topic I've read people facing same problem but no solution was mentioned.

Any advise for me where to look for a solution.

Wish all a happy 2014.

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Changed code so that it works with the new Header Tags SEO url field

- Corrected spelling mistake in options (permormance) as found by user 14steve14)

- Corrected mistake for get_topic_name function for Article Manager

- Corrected a typeo for the category=0 code that caused a failure for some shops

- Removed type definition from table for MYSQL compatibility

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons