• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I just tested this, just in case you may be wondering who was trying to hack your site with ..

http://www.carvolume.nl/fwr_media_testing_seo_urls-p-49.html :)

The script exits with Invalid query: immediately after ..

This suggests to me a header tags issue. Are you using a header tags contribution?

No header tags module is installed.

No header tags module is installed.

Then the aliens have landed and it's you they have targeted .. you must feel very special :)

I have checked 22d_11 and there is no instance of Invalid query:

osCommerce has no instance of Invalid query:

Therefore it is down to your site code and no one here can help.

Edited by FWR Media

Then the aliens have landed and it's you they have targeted .. you must feel very special :)

I have checked 22d_11 and there is no instance of Invalid query:

osCommerce has no instance of Invalid query:

Therefore it is down to your site code and no one here can help.

Oke...you where right i found the code in de index.php...strange

But now al is working.

Thanx for your support and pointing me in de right direction

Is there any reason why this contrib would significantly slow down the retrieval of a product page? Not all products, just one in particular - one that has had a lot of sales and 20 reviews. My hosting company says that my code is too cumbersome without indexed tables, blah, blah, blah, but that wouldn't account for why one product dogs and all the others are fine. I mean, it takes 20 secs for this page to load!

Here's what they said:

I had an engineer take a look at

"http://www.cheesyflix.com/store/catalog/mst3k-dvds-your-choice-p-32.html",

and the site is slow because of this query:

select p.products_id, p.products_image from orders_products opa,
orders_products opb, orders o, products p where opa.products_id = '32' and
opa.orders_id = opb.orders_id and opb.products_id != '32' and
opb.products_id = p.products_id and opb.orders_id = o.orders_id and
p.products_status = '1' group by p.products_id order by o.date_purchased
desc limit 6;

This has to search a lot of un-indexed data, over 39,000 rows. It is

recommended to add an index to the table or redo the query so it does not

have to search through so much data. This will allow the results to come

back faster.

To which I replied:

But that wouldn't explain why this item:

http://www.cheesyflix.com/store/catalog/shadow-1937-1954-p-1188.html

would be so very much faster, since I'm sure the query is almost identical and has to search through the same number of rows. Can you compare the two as see if there's anything very different?

Their response:

We looked into both pages and it is true they are almost identical however

the issue remains that the queries contain no indexing so it takes a long

time to return information. The one page loads fast because it is just

possible that mysql is able to find the information it needs quicker than

the other query.

We even made a copy of your database to an empty server to temporarily test

if it may be a server configuration or load issue and it still took a long

time (about 8 seconds) for the results.

Since the query is not using any kind of index, the query will always have

to go through all the information and as that amount of rows grows it will

get slower. It is recommended you update the queries to be better formed.

Clearly their suggestion isn't going to help me, but I'm at a loss as to how to fix this. The only other things I added was KissMT_1.0_r72_RC (Dynamic SEO Meta & Canonical Header Tags including optional extras) and Security Pro 2.0 r7. If anybody (FWR?) thinks THOSE contribs may be the culprit, please let me know and I'll post in their threads instead.

Thanks for your help!

Is there any reason why this contrib would significantly slow down the retrieval of a product page? Not all products, just one in particular - one that has had a lot of sales and 20 reviews. My hosting company says that my code is too cumbersome without indexed tables, blah, blah, blah, but that wouldn't account for why one product dogs and all the others are fine. I mean, it takes 20 secs for this page to load!

Clearly their suggestion isn't going to help me, but I'm at a loss as to how to fix this. The only other things I added was KissMT_1.0_r72_RC (Dynamic SEO Meta & Canonical Header Tags including optional extras) and Security Pro 2.0 r7. If anybody (FWR?) thinks THOSE contribs may be the culprit, please let me know and I'll post in their threads instead.

No, this contribution isn't at fault. You can verify that by turning it off in admin. Your host is correct that indexing is needed but I doubt it will fix this from the way you describe it. You can easily add the indexing by using the instructions in the RC2 package. You should post your question in the general support thread, unless you know it is due to a contribution, for best results.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The new contrib work great by the way. :D

Dose anybody know how to set the correct rewriterule in .htaccess

to change privacy.php index.php and the names in filenames.php to (hide or redirect the .php extension)(privacy.html reviews.html .....)

Maybe is kind of a hassle or should i use other SEO contribs?

This question has hounted me for many hours on google.

Please if you have time over,

Make us solve this problem.

Tavring

The new contrib work great by the way. :D

Dose anybody know how to set the correct rewriterule in .htaccess

to change privacy.php index.php and the names in filenames.php to (hide or redirect the .php extension)(privacy.html reviews.html .....)

It doesn't serve any pupose to do that is just adds more work for the server so I don't recommend it. But if you want to do it, there are many sites on the web that explain how to do it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

No, this contribution isn't at fault. You can verify that by turning it off in admin. Your host is correct that indexing is needed but I doubt it will fix this from the way you describe it. You can easily add the indexing by using the instructions in the RC2 package. You should post your question in the general support thread, unless you know it is due to a contribution, for best results.

Thanks - from looking at the query with fresh eyes this morning, it's clear that this is meant to populate the "customers also purchased" box. Since I've had several thousand buyers of this product, it takes a while. I've set that display to zero and everything is fast. This just cropped up since adding the contributions, so SOMETHING in one of them them is affecting the way the page loads. Perhaps it's always been slow to display the box, but before it would display the entire page except the box (and I never noticed because the description is SO long), and now it waits for all the box data to be retrieved before displaying anything. Anyway, thanks for your help and for the great contrib!

Now, to see about how to index the right table so I can re-enable that great feature!

It doesn't serve any pupose to do that is just adds more work for the server so I don't recommend it. But if you want to do it, there are many sites on the web that explain how to do it.

Thank you for your fast answer. Jack

What do you think is best if I want to hide the extensions??

Ultimate SEO handel almost everything,

should i use another contrib or do it some other way??

In server point of view / or customers point of view? what do you think is the best solution

Thank You

Thank you for your fast answer. Jack

What do you think is best if I want to hide the extensions??

Ultimate SEO handel almost everything,

should i use another contrib or do it some other way??

In server point of view / or customers point of view? what do you think is the best solution

Thank You

There's really no advantage to hiding or changing the extension. It makes no difference to the search engines or customers what the extension is.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks - from looking at the query with fresh eyes this morning, it's clear that this is meant to populate the "customers also purchased" box. Since I've had several thousand buyers of this product, it takes a while. I've set that display to zero and everything is fast. This just cropped up since adding the contributions, so SOMETHING in one of them them is affecting the way the page loads. Perhaps it's always been slow to display the box, but before it would display the entire page except the box (and I never noticed because the description is SO long), and now it waits for all the box data to be retrieved before displaying anything. Anyway, thanks for your help and for the great contrib!

Now, to see about how to index the right table so I can re-enable that great feature!

For those of you playing at home (who might also face the same thing), I thought I would post how I resolved my issue. Creating an index didn't help (well, it didn't hurt, but it didn't fix the problem). The resolution was found here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/353115-limit-also-purchased-query-by-date/page__p__1564227

Hi,

I installed Ultimate SEO URLs v2.2d months ago and all seems to work fine. However, I've noticed if I change the manufacturer name I apparently get some duplicate pages with different URLs.

1) I changed a manufacturer's name in OSC Admin e.g. old name=oldwidgetmaker , new name =newwidgetmaker

2) I Reset SEO URLs Cache

3) Clicked manufacturer newwidgetmaker on the site, and that seems fine and has a new url www.mysite/newwidgetmaker-m12.html

4) The issue is the old url still works as well www.mysite/newwidgetmaker-m12.html

5) In fact, in my browser I can change parts of that URL and it still takes me to the manufacturer page but shows the incorrect url e.g www.mysite/garbage-m12.html

Point #5 seems to imply it is the url rewriting that is causing this somehow.

This looks like it will cause duplicate content penalties in google. So, I don't want the old URL to work.

Is this a bug I should fix or is this just the way SEO URLs works?

Cheers

3) Clicked manufacturer newwidgetmaker on the site, and that seems fine and has a new url www.mysite/newwidgetmaker-m12.html

4) The issue is the old url still works as well www.mysite/newwidgetmaker-m12.html

5) In fact, in my browser I can change parts of that URL and it still takes me to the manufacturer page but shows the incorrect url e.g www.mysite/garbage-m12.html

Point #5 seems to imply it is the url rewriting that is causing this somehow.

This looks like it will cause duplicate content penalties in google. So, I don't want the old URL to work.

Is this a bug I should fix or is this just the way SEO URLs works?

That appears to be a but. The code was changed for that problem for categories some time ago but it appears I didn't do the manufacturers. I'll put it on the list of updates but it may be a while before I get to it. In the meantime, I suggesst you add a redirect in the .htaccess file for that manufacturer.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello, sorry for my english, i'm spanish. I have install the contribution but i have a doubt. Since can I do for separates the categories of the subcategories in my url?

Now my url: www.example.com/animalsdog1.html

I want the url as this one: www.example.com/animals/dog1.html

And also want to know how can I put scripts (-) enter in the spaces. Ex: www.example.com/animals/dog-1.html

Thank you very much!

Hello, sorry for my english, i'm spanish. I have install the contribution but i have a doubt. Since can I do for separates the categories of the subcategories in my url?

Now my url: www.example.com/animalsdog1.html

I want the url as this one: www.example.com/animals/dog1.html

And also want to know how can I put scripts (-) enter in the spaces. Ex: www.example.com/animals/dog-1.html

Thank you very much!

You can't do either of those with this contribution. Although the correct format is www.example.com/animals-dog1.html and should be that way with the default settings. You much have changed one of them. Try uninstalling the database entries (in the admin settings) and then refresh your home page to start over. For the dog-1, that would need to be named as "dog 1." If you have it named as "dog1," then there's nothing you can do about it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

I installed Ultimate SEO Urls v2.2d-11 (latest) on a fresh install of OSCommerce v2.3.1. Also, I'm on a dedicated Apache server.

Here's a link to myshop.

When I click on category and product links I'm taken to a broken link page. I've went through the installation steps applying a process of elimination to see where the problem exists, no luck.

Here's my .htaccess

# $Id$
#
# This is used with Apache WebServers
#
# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to
# the AllowOverride configuration
#
# Example:
#
# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
#   AllowOverride Options
# </Directory>
#
# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the
# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet
# Explorer browsers

#<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
#  <IfDefine SSL>
#    SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
#             nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
#             downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
#  </IfDefine>
#</IfModule>

# If Search Engine Friendly URLs do not work, try enabling the
# following Apache configuration parameter

# AcceptPathInfo On

# Fix certain PHP values
# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain
# servers)

# php_value session.use_trans_sid 0
# php_value register_globals 1
# Begin Ultimate SEO V2.2d 
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 

# RewriteBase instructions 
 # Change RewriteBase dependent on how your shop is accessed as below. 
 # http://www.mysite.com = RewriteBase / 
 # http://www.mysite.com/catalog/ = RewriteBase /catalog/  
 # http://www.mysite.com/catalog/shop/ = RewriteBase /catalog/shop/ 

# Change the following line using the instructions above  

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# End Ultimate SEO V2.2d

Since I'm on a dedicated server it could be some settings on the Apache Webserver

Also I can't access admin because the page loads blank. Thanks

Your .htaccess file is correct. You should check with your host to verify mod rewrite is enabled. Also, for some servers, the Options +FollowSymLinks needs to be removed.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You can't do either of those with this contribution. Although the correct format is www.example.com/animals-dog1.html and should be that way with the default settings. You much have changed one of them. Try uninstalling the database entries (in the admin settings) and then refresh your home page to start over. For the dog-1, that would need to be named as "dog 1." If you have it named as "dog1," then there's nothing you can do about it.

Ok, thanks, but i have other doubt. The contribution separates categories of subcategories? Example: www.example.com/animals/dogs/image1 or www.example.com/animals-dogs-image1. Now I have www.example.com/animalsdogs-image1.

Thanks!

Edited by kahlo

Ok, thanks, but i have other doubt. The contribution separates categories of subcategories? Example: www.example.com/animals/dogs/image1 or www.example.com/animals-dogs-image1. Now I have www.example.com/animalsdogs-image1.

Thanks!

Again, you've changed a setting that causes that. The default settings will separate them with a dash.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Your .htaccess file is correct. You should check with your host to verify mod rewrite is enabled. Also, for some servers, the Options +FollowSymLinks needs to be removed.

It appears that I have the issue with the links resolved. However I still can't access the admin area. I know its a 500 Internal server error. Since I'm on a dedicated server and must manage it myself, I"m trying to figure out how to get the errors to post to the error log.

Do you know of any common issues that will trigger this error?

Thanks.

Jack,

Here's what was posted to the error log:

[Thu Mar 31 23:12:41 2011] [error] [client 71.28.42.190] PHP Warning:  session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: open(/var/www/html/includes/work//sess_kk49mu9t3dna4m7o9aacjk95j5, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102
[Thu Mar 31 23:12:41 2011] [error] [client 71.28.42.190] PHP Warning:  Unknown: open(/var/www/html/includes/work//sess_kk49mu9t3dna4m7o9aacjk95j5, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0
[Thu Mar 31 23:12:41 2011] [error] [client 71.28.42.190] PHP Warning:  Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/www/html/includes/work/) in Unknown on line 0
[Thu Mar 31 23:12:41 2011] [error] [client 71.28.42.190] PHP Warning:  session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: open(/var/www/html/includes/work//sess_kk49mu9t3dna4m7o9aacjk95j5, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102
[Thu Mar 31 23:12:41 2011] [error] [client 71.28.42.190] PHP Warning:  Unknown: open(/var/www/html/includes/work//sess_kk49mu9t3dna4m7o9aacjk95j5, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0
[Thu Mar 31 23:12:41 2011] [error] [client 71.28.42.190] PHP Warning:  Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/www/html/includes/work/) in Unknown on line 0

Here's line 102 from admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:

return session_start();

I hope this helps you to help me :thumbsup:

Thanks

Edited by discxpress

It appears that I have the issue with the links resolved. However I still can't access the admin area. I know its a 500 Internal server error. Since I'm on a dedicated server and must manage it myself, I"m trying to figure out how to get the errors to post to the error log.

Do you know of any common issues that will trigger this error?

500 errors, after installing this contribution, are usually due to a problem with the .htaccess file. There are posts in this thread, though they would be difficult to find, on how to test if mod rewrite is enabled, or you could just search the web. If you have other things in your .htaccess file besides the lines this one adds, remove them and test again. The errors you posted as saying there is a permissions problem, which could be the cause of the problems. But this thread is meant for server support - no threads in these forums are - so you will need to find help with that on a server support site.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

like I said, it's working now and all I had to do was remove one line.

Hi,

I too had to remove the Options +FollowSymLinks line to make it work.

What does that line actually do? And can I continue safely without it?

Thanks!

I too had to remove the Options +FollowSymLinks line to make it work.

What does that line actually do? And can I continue safely without it?

It's required for the mod_rewrite module, which is required for this contribution, to work but it may already be enabled for your server and need not be decalred. If you remove it and this contribution works, then it is fine.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons