• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Oubs even better

if ($this->attributes['SEO_ADD_CAT_PARENT'] != 'true') {
                                         $cID = $this->get_full_cPath($cID, $single_cID);
                                         if ($this->attributes['USE_SEO_PERFORMANCE_CHECK'] == 'true') $this->performance['NUMBER_QUERIES']++;
                                         $sqlCmd = $this->attributes['USE_SEO_HEADER_TAGS'] == 'true' ? 'LOWER(categories_htc_title_tag) as cName' : 'LOWER(categories_name) as cName';
                                         $sql = "SELECT " . $sqlCmd . "
                                             FROM ".TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION."
                                             WHERE categories_id='".(int)$single_cID."'
                                             AND language_id='".(int)$this->languages_id."'
                                             LIMIT 1";
                                         $result = $this->DB->FetchArray( $this->DB->Query( $sql ) );
                                         $cName = $result['cName'];
                                     }

I installed v22d_9 last night and had it working fine. Client was upset because now all his Google links were broken. I tried to explain that google would reindex but he was furious. I uninstalled and reverted back. The links still do not work because there is now an ampersand (&) where a / should be.

I'm not sure how to fix this. I need some help here pretty quick or I may lose this client.

TIA

Jody Graves ~~~~ Data~Creek Creative

Please can someone help me, I installed Ultimate SEO Url, but when installed evrything worked except for categories, I have since uninstalled contribution and reverted back to how it was originally with the intent of starting again but I have the same problem. if you click a picture or use manufacturers list everything works. Please can someone help me correct this issue.

Please can someone help me, I installed Ultimate SEO Url, but when installed evrything worked except for categories, I have since uninstalled contribution and reverted back to how it was originally with the intent of starting again but I have the same problem. if you click a picture or use manufacturers list everything works. Please can someone help me correct this issue.

You need to post the version you are using, your url and your .haccess file.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Sure thing, my url is http://www.riflebitz.com, the Ultimate SEO URL version I was using is Version: 2.2d-9 and my htaccess file is:

# $Id: .htaccess 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

#

# This is used with Apache WebServers

#

# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to

# the AllowOverride configuration

#

# Example:

#

# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">

# AllowOverride Options

# </Directory>

#

# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the

# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet

# Explorer browsers

#<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>

# <IfDefine SSL>

# SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \

# nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \

# downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

# </IfDefine>

#</IfModule>

# If Search Engine Friendly URLs do not work, try enabling the

# following Apache configuration parameter

# AcceptPathInfo On

# Fix certain PHP values

# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain

# servers)

# php_value session.use_trans_sid 0

# php_value register_globals 1

As I say what I want to achieve is get it back to the way it was before I installed the contribution then add the contributtion again then fingers crossed all should be ok. Thanks in advance

Timmer

You need to post the version you are using, your url and your .haccess file.

Sure thing, my url is http://www.riflebitz.com, the Ultimate SEO URL version I was using is Version: 2.2d-9 and my htaccess file is:

Your .htaccess file is not setup correctly. You need to re-read the instructions and perform all of the installation steps in order for the contribution to work.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I installed everything how the contribution told me and I had the same problem as I have now, so I thought by uninstalling it and putting it back to the way it was before I installed it, everything would go back as before. But no joy. Basically I want to get evrything working again before I re-attempt. Where do you think I'm going wrong?

Your .htaccess file is not setup correctly. You need to re-read the instructions and perform all of the installation steps in order for the contribution to work.

I installed everything how the contribution told me and I had the same problem as I have now, so I thought by uninstalling it and putting it back to the way it was before I installed it, everything would go back as before. But no joy. Basically I want to get evrything working again before I re-attempt. Where do you think I'm going wrong?

I've no idea nor any way to tell. But the instructions are pretty clear, I think. To uninstall, you just reverse the process, using your code to reload instead of what is stated in the contribution, of course.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

bummer! Ok, have you been able to see the problem I have, do you think it's worth installing the contribution again?

I've no idea nor any way to tell. But the instructions are pretty clear, I think. To uninstall, you just reverse the process, using your code to reload instead of what is stated in the contribution, of course.

Ok, so I have re-installed the contribution and the categories menu doesn't work. my url is www.riflebitz.com, the htaccess file reads:

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

What you think?

Ok, so I have re-installed the contribution and the categories menu doesn't work. my url is www.riflebitz.com, the htaccess file reads:

What you think?

The contribution is working fine. You can see that if you click on one of your products in the new products box. My guess is that there is something in your shops code that is causing the redirect to the home page for the categories. This was discussed just recently. Although I've only seen code like that in templates so I'm surprised that it may be in your shop, which doesn't appear to be a template. You should check the header.php, footer.php, left_column.php and boxes/categories.php for any code that is causing a redirect.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No no template has been used, when I look at these files how what should I be looking for? I'm sorry to ask i'm fairly new to all this.

Thanks in advance

tim

The contribution is working fine. You can see that if you click on one of your products in the new products box. My guess is that there is something in your shops code that is causing the redirect to the home page for the categories. This was discussed just recently. Although I've only seen code like that in templates so I'm surprised that it may be in your shop, which doesn't appear to be a template. You should check the header.php, footer.php, left_column.php and boxes/categories.php for any code that is causing a redirect.

No no template has been used, when I look at these files how what should I be looking for? I'm sorry to ask i'm fairly new to all this.

Thanks in advance

tim

See the previous posts, as mentioned.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack_mcs

I have tried looking through previous posts but couldn't find anything, I have also looked the files you mentioned but don't really know exactly what would be causing riflebitz.com to redirect home when clicking categories. Please can you help me correct this problem, I have been trying to resolve issue now for sometime and don't really know what to do next.

Kind regards

tim

I have tried looking through previous posts but couldn't find anything, I have also looked the files you mentioned but don't really know exactly what would be causing riflebitz.com to redirect home when clicking categories. Please can you help me correct this problem, I have been trying to resolve issue now for sometime and don't really know what to do next.

This isn't a problem that can be handled in a support thread since it is specific to your shop.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

bummer, just find it strange that the shop I'm using isn't a template it's the standard store so no reason why it shouldn't work. Thing is even if I turn the contribution off or uninstall I have the same problem. Ok, if I were to reinstall oscommerce could I use existing database as I assume that's were all products and customers are stored or if I were to reinstall would I loose everything?

This isn't a problem that can be handled in a support thread since it is specific to your shop.

bummer, just find it strange that the shop I'm using isn't a template it's the standard store so no reason why it shouldn't work. Thing is even if I turn the contribution off or uninstall I have the same problem. Ok, if I were to reinstall oscommerce could I use existing database as I assume that's were all products and customers are stored or if I were to reinstall would I loose everything?

If it happens when you uninstall this contribution, then it is definitely a problem in your shop and doesn't have anything to do with Ultimate SEO. The problem will almost certainly be in the files, not the database, so you can still use that database. Since this isn't an Ultimate SEO problem, please post any followups to a new thread in the general support forum.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

no problem, thank you for your help in previous posts it is appreciated.

All the best

Tim

If it happens when you uninstall this contribution, then it is definitely a problem in your shop and doesn't have anything to do with Ultimate SEO. The problem will almost certainly be in the files, not the database, so you can still use that database. Since this isn't an Ultimate SEO problem, please post any followups to a new thread in the general support forum.

Hello.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for such an amazing contribution.

I was able to install this into my live, heavily modified site without a single issue.

The documentation and ease of install makes this a no brainer choice.

To be sure - I backed up my copies of all files to be modified first.

I then modified all the required files and uploaded same over top of originals.

Couldn't have been an easier installation, and it has a great configuration section in admin!

Again, many thanks.

Robin Ellins

webshop.friendlystranger.com

Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_9

I am having the same problem where only my categories are not working correctly and redirecting to the homepage. Individual products displays the links correctly. I have also noticed when I use diagnostic code ?profile=on, it displays

Array

(

[sTANDARD_URLS] => Array

(

[PRODUCTS] => Array

(

But there is no [CATEGORIES] => Array , it is missing

Using: Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-9

htaccess file located in catalog/ directory looks like:

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^myexample.com [NC]

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.myexample.com/$1'>http://www.myexample.com/$1 [L,R=301]

DirectoryIndex index.php index.php3 index.phtml index.cgi index.shtml index.html index.htm index.wml index.pl index.cgi index.php4 index.phtml index.swf default.htm default.php default.html Default.htm Default.html main.htm main.html

php_flag display_errors off

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /([^/]+/)*default\.php\ HTTP/

RewriteRule ^(([^/]+/)*)default\.php$ http://www.myexample.com/ [R=301,L]

RewriteBase /catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

In addition, I have checked the files above u mentioned for redirects, in the code, but I find nothing.

Edited by c1badmofo

I am having the same problem where only my categories are not working correctly and redirecting to the homepage. Individual products displays the links correctly. I have also noticed when I use diagnostic code ?profile=on, it displays

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /([^/]+/)*default\.php\ HTTP/

RewriteRule ^(([^/]+/)*)default\.php$ http://www.myexample.com/ [R=301,L]

In addition, I have checked the files above u mentioned for redirects, in the code, but I find nothing.

As mentioned previously, if everything else is working, it is something in your shop causing the problem. There isn't a default.php file in a standard oscommerce shop and since that would work as your home page and you are redirecting it, I suspect that is where the problem lies.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi everyone

Thanks for the contribution, I have a problem though with a shop I'm maintaining (I didn't install).

Basically, when anyone arrives at the home page, the first time they click on an item they get a 404 message. Second time and thereafter, it's fine.

The erroneous page is like this:

http://www.toolsup.co.uk/

grafters-tone-trousers-

p-1534?

osCsid.html

(I've broken it up so the forum doesn't summarise it).

I understand that the issue is the session id being wrongly delivered in the first request for product information, but I'm stumped how to fix it.

I didn't know about this thread, and started a discussion here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/357779-404s-with-oscsid/ where you can read more, and I'm afraid I emailed the author directly (sorry about that) and he said it was something to do with how Ultimate SEO is configured (rather than the code) but I can't think which option to unpress to unbreak it.

I've searched this forum for the issue and didn't find it, which makes me wonder if it was wrongly installed or is conflicting with something else.

My next idea was to go through installation line by line, but then I discovered this thread and thought I'd see what you thought.

I'm fairly adept at PHP, have built OS Commerce sites before, but I'm not expert.

Cheers

J

----------------------------

John Allsopp

http://www.johnallsopp.co.uk/