• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Is there supposed to be some SQL inserted to enable the Administrative Side? (there was in Chemo's earlier URL contributions using the seo-install.php)

What is the piece code that installs the admin?

Ok, so following Chooch's comments that this is an easy install, I fully cleaned my store of SEO URLs and started again, using 2.1d by Emmett.

And I'm back to my original problem.... I have installed the contribution VERY carefully. Of course this is no admin section yet, as this is built on the first successful pagecall - if only I could get this successful pagecall.

I goto the index.php (and any other page), and it will display basically the contents of the /catalog/includes/class/seo.class.php (from line 68 to the end) - where it's trying to write to the database.

And at the very bottom of this page of text code is the following error:

Fatal error: Class 'SEO_URL' not found in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\catalog\includes\application_top.php on line 313

Yet line 313 in my application_top has nothing related to SEO.

Is this perhaps a DB problem instead?

NB: using STS4.3 and HTC

Thanks

PM me your ftp details, Elise, and I will take a look for you.

Cheers,

Emmett

Hey Yesudo,

I managed to resolve most of my issues. My development server seems to be having mod-re-write problems (not to mention shortnames also being turned off).

The initial problem of all the text code was the <? in the seo.class.php. My dev server didn't have shortnames turned on, so I simply changed the <? to <?php.

Still have the mod-rewrite problem, but decided to upload to my production server (which I know has modrewrite working properly).

So all seems ok, pages are working now. Chooch WAS right, an easy install (if your server is configured properly ;) )

Last outstanding issue I have, is that all my product and category URLs are displaying as follows (without the category ascii-name):

http://www.mysite.com/catalog/-p-276.html

http://www.mysite.com/catalog/-c-22.html

http://www.mysite.com/catalog/-c-22_63.html

I've searched the forums but can't find the right answer - seems like a simple one to me - got any ideas?

(all my SEO admin configurations are as defaults)

Sorry, forgot to add to the above - my manufacturer pages ARE being written correctly. :)

http://www.mysite.com/catalog/toyota-m-16.html

Ok, here I am solving my own stupid problems again. I used my newly installed contribution "SQL Updater" to install Emmet's category and product SQL changes. Seems as though "SQL Updater" doesn't actually update the SQL at all :)

So I manually did it, and "voila", category names "a la Emmet", thanks Emmet :)

[small comment here: if I manually alter a category name, the subcategory urls do not reflect the new name - is this as expected?]

So now comes the last problem which I just discovered, and it seems a couple of people on the forum have had it but there is no fix posted.

When I enable SEO URLs in the Admin, my paypal_ipn capabilities break.

If I disable SEO URLs in the Admin, my paypal_ipn works.

Let me explain the situation:

If I enable SEO URLs, a customer can make a purchase using paypal payment, and it can go through successfully and then the customer gets redirected back to my site. However - the customer and the admin order emails list an Invoice number of '0', plus in order history (both customer and admin) - NO order is listed - it doesn't get written to the DB.

If I turn off SEO URLs, it all works as normal again.

Is this anything to do with Session IDs?

Any ideas?

I nstall Ultimate SEO URLs it work perfect in English but I have problem

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ....../catalog/includes/languages/bulgarian.php:2) in ...../catalog/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1951

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ....../catalog/includes/languages/bulgarian.php:2) in ......../catalog/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1952

seo.class.php from line 1747 to line 1764

function get_cache_memory($name, $method = 'RETURN'){
			$data = ( isset($this->data['GLOBAL'][$name]) ? $this->data['GLOBAL'][$name] : $this->data[$name] );
			if ( isset($data) && !empty($data) && $data != false ){ 
					switch($method){
line 1751								case 'EVAL': // data must be PHP
line 1752										eval("$data");
									return true;
									break;
							case 'ARRAY': 
							case 'RETURN':
							default:
									return $data;
									break;
					} # end switch ($method)
			} else { 
					return false;
			} # end if (isset($data) && !empty($data) && $data != false)
	} # end function get_cache_memory()

and I want more characters in "Enter special character conversions" how to change?

PLEASE HELP ME

Any ideas?

None - I was slightly puzzled when i read the original post but trying to take in the back to back posts has thrown even further from where i was before. It is a shame no-one else has had the problems you are encountering otherwise it would have been much easier to have helped you.

Good luck on solving this though :thumbsup:

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hmm, anyone happen to know what changes the installation does to the database? I want to remove the contribution for now to see if it is causing a bug that just showed up. Trying not to lose any recent data though.

I'm not sure what file would have the SQL that was run during the first page load to install the module. Anyone know which file I should be looking at?

Taking a look at seo.class.php. Seems to be what I am looking for.

Edited by randomone

Taking a look at seo.class.php. Seems to be what I am looking for.

The only SQL supplied with this contribution is this:

ALTER TABLE `categories_description` ADD `categories_seo_url` VARCHAR( 100 ) NOT NULL ;

ALTER TABLE `products_description` ADD `products_seo_url` VARCHAR( 100 ) NOT NULL ;

what errors are showing up?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hey Guyz,

I allready made 1 shop with SEO, and now i am remaking it and i want to add SEO again.

it works just the way i want, but when i call the URL of the categorie's that are on top (that have parent_id 1) it just does't load the page, i get an empty page........

It works with the sub categorie's (when i search i can get to them using the breadcrums)

Does anyone know the problem? (PS: maker, sorry, i cant give u FTP acces, private IP secure ftp :) )

Thanx.

Gigre

Hi I installed version seo 2.1d on store that has htc tags and sts. I am getting following error. Can't seem to find the problems. Any help would be appreciated:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /data/10/0/20/158/998810/user/1028900/htdocs/catalog/includes/header.php on line 14

Hi I installed version seo 2.1d on store that has htc tags and sts. I am getting following error. Can't seem to find the problems. Any help would be appreciated:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /data/10/0/20/158/998810/user/1028900/htdocs/catalog/includes/header.php on line 14

Line 14:

// START STS 4.1
 $sts->restart_capture ('applicationtop2header'); // Capture header from the actual script, needed to take out javascript
 // END STS 4.1

Could someone please clarify these instructions for me please.

If your store is located in a DIRECTORY add this to the /*directory*/.htaccess file:

NOTE: you will have to edit the "directory" to match your directory name. Thanks

Ok, here I am solving my own stupid problems again. I used my newly installed contribution "SQL Updater" to install Emmet's category and product SQL changes. Seems as though "SQL Updater" doesn't actually update the SQL at all :)

So I manually did it, and "voila", category names "a la Emmet", thanks Emmet :)

[small comment here: if I manually alter a category name, the subcategory urls do not reflect the new name - is this as expected?]

So now comes the last problem which I just discovered, and it seems a couple of people on the forum have had it but there is no fix posted.

When I enable SEO URLs in the Admin, my paypal_ipn capabilities break.

If I disable SEO URLs in the Admin, my paypal_ipn works.

Let me explain the situation:

If I enable SEO URLs, a customer can make a purchase using paypal payment, and it can go through successfully and then the customer gets redirected back to my site. However - the customer and the admin order emails list an Invoice number of '0', plus in order history (both customer and admin) - NO order is listed - it doesn't get written to the DB.

If I turn off SEO URLs, it all works as normal again.

Is this anything to do with Session IDs?

Any ideas?

Here we go again! I fixed my paypal order problem by accident! So to those of you who may be experiencing the following issue, it's a very simple fix:

PROBLEM:

When you install and enable SEO URLs, customer orders via Paypal are no longer written into the database. The only inclination that you have been paid for an order, is the email from Paypal, advising you of the payment. Then you have to contact your customer to find out what they actually bought because there is no record of it :)

When you disable SEO, Paypal orders are properly processed as normal.

FIX: make "persistent connections" in your /catalog/includes/configure.php and /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php!!

And in fact, by turning off persistent connections you are also providing a more secure environment for you shoppers and the admin backend (when on a shared hosted server).

Chooch, you seem to be cluely on this contribution :), if SEO is not altering any backend urls or account urls, then how come this became a problem? - it's definately SEO that caused it.. (not that the fix was a bad thing anyway :) )

Edited by devless

...I fixed my paypal order problem by accident...FIX: make "persistent connections" in your /catalog/includes/configure.php and /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php!!

And in fact, by turning off persistent connections you are also providing a more secure environment for you shoppers and the admin backend (when on a shared hosted server).

I doubt very much that 'making persistent connections on/off' has anything to do with paypal or and other problem(s) what so ever while installing osc/contribs. The 'type' of connection does not have any effect or change on the data transmitted between osc and the database/db server. This is just like your connection to your isp, whether it is 24/7 connection or every time you turn on your pc you connect to your isp, will not have any effect on the emails you receive or the web pages you view. There's no evidence that by turning off persistent connection would provide 'a more secure environment'. Not to use persistent connections is the default as far as osc is concerned, but it is not for 'secure' reasons.

Dont mislead yourself into believing something which is not true.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

When you disable SEO, Paypal orders are properly processed as normal.

well that sounds amazing, i can't see how SEO URL's and paypal IPN can conflict?? the order should show up in admin regardless of whether SEO's are 'on' or 'off'

i can only conclude that you have added some contribution that you haven't elaborated on that is conflicting or you really have not installed it properly - if everyone else seems to have it sorted but you are having a unique problem then it has to be down to human error, or very unlikely it is down to a contribution conflicting causing the error.

CHOOCH

I installed it as instructed but some some reason all of the new links give me this:

The requested URL /catalog/essentials-natural-soap-line-c-34.html was not found on this server. Any ideas how to fix it?

actually if anyone would take a lookt at my site and let me know what they thing is going on I would very much appreciate it

http://www.excellentsoaps.com

actually if anyone would take a lookt at my site and let me know what they thing is going on I would very much appreciate it

http://www.excellentsoaps.com

Hi,

Does your server definately support .htaccess mod-rewrites? That is what my guess is to what your problem is (i.e. your mod rewrites are not working properly).

Have you had a talk to your web host about the problem you are having?

Regards,

Chris

Hi,

Does your server definately support .htaccess mod-rewrites? That is what my guess is to what your problem is (i.e. your mod rewrites are not working properly).

Have you had a talk to your web host about the problem you are having?

Regards,

Chris

Well yes it does, the problem was that I had not made the necessary change in the.htaccess file. So now that I have made it I get a different error, seems like there is a circular argument loop running somewhere. Any ideas where it would be? The error when you try to access a category is (from Firefox):

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

Hey all,

I found problem in seo.class.php , that related to future called "Add category parent to begining of URLs".

Next query(line 1006) has wrong join syntax () , it does not work .

$sql = "SELECT cd.categories_seo_url, c.categories_id, c.parent_id, cd.categories_name as cName, cd2.categories_name as pName

FROM ".TABLE_CATEGORIES." c,

".TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION." cd

LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION." cd2

ON c.parent_id=cd2.categories_id AND cd2.language_id='".(int)$this->languages_id."'

WHERE c.categories_id='".(int)$single_cID."'

AND cd.categories_id='".(int)$single_cID."'

AND cd.language_id='".(int)$this->languages_id."'

LIMIT 1";

Any one solved that issue ?

Best Regards ,

Mic

Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 is available for download.

Hi Chemo,

Great work on the SEO contribution!

Is it also possible to display a SEO link like:

http://www.website.com/hardware/graphics-cards-c-1_4.html

Instead of:
http://www.website.com/hardware-graphics-cards-c-1_4.html

And:

http://www.website.com/hardware/graphics-cards/matrox-g200-p-1.html

Instead of:
http://www.website.com/matrox-g200-p-1.html

I think that will bring you an even higher google ranking or am I wrong?

Greetings,

Pieter

Edited by pieter333

I think that will bring you an even higher google ranking or am I wrong?

The latest download does allow that

CHOOCH

Hi there,

Just to give you a bit of background, we have been running Ultimate SEO URLs 2.1c for a long time until October when we upgraded to 2.2.2 . About a month or so later, I noticed in "Google Sitemaps", dynamic URL's such as the ones generated by SEO URL's contribution were appearing as inaccessable (404 errors). As a result, after a few crawl attempts, Google dumped all dynamically generated URL's into the supplemental results. About 3-4 weeks ago, we rolled back to 2.1d in the hopes that things would go back to normal but the issues still remain.

I think I figured the reason for the 404's but not sure how to fix it. Here is the server response code:

HTTP/1.x 404 Not Found

Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 21:38:09 GMT

Server: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.4.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7a

X-Powered-By: PHP/4.4.4

X-Pingback: http://www.domain.com/blog/xmlrpc.php

Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT

Last-Modified: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 21:38:09 GMT

Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0

Pragma: no-cache

Content-Encoding: gzip

Vary: Accept-Encoding

Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=76

Connection: Keep-Alive

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

The server is returning 404 but still displaying the page. What might be causing this?

Any insight would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Jerry