• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hi,

I've had Ultimate SEO installed and working great for a couple of years now :)

I installed wordpress the other night and added some changes for an osC friendly blog :'(

http://www.michaelwender.com/page/blog/arc...ommerce-part-ii

it's meant for a default osC install but it clashes with my ultimate seo urls, I'm not clued in on .htaccess files but maybe someone can spot something obvious as to whats going on.

When I add the wordpress code:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteBase /blog.php/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /blog.php/index.php [L]
</IfModule>

I stop being able to view my nice product and category urls like:

http://test.newlifehealthcare.co.uk/family-c-50.html

Here's the htaccess file

#From SEO
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

#From default catalog
<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
 <IfDefine SSL>
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
		 nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
		 downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
 </IfDefine>
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteBase /blog.php/
</IfModule>

Hope someone can help,

ally

Hi,

I've had Ultimate SEO installed and working great for a couple of years now :)

I installed wordpress the other night and added some changes for an osC friendly blog :'(

http://www.michaelwender.com/page/blog/arc...ommerce-part-ii

it's meant for a default osC install but it clashes with my ultimate seo urls, I'm not clued in on .htaccess files but maybe someone can spot something obvious as to whats going on.

When I add the wordpress code:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteBase /blog.php/
</IfModule>

I stop being able to view my nice product and category urls like:

Here's the htaccess file

#From SEO
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
#From default catalog
<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
 <IfDefine SSL>
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
		 nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
		 downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
 </IfDefine>
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteBase /blog.php/
</IfModule>

Hope someone can help,

ally

Hi,

From a quick glance, I would thing it has something to do with you using 2 different rewritebase's, as the 2nd one will overwrite the first one (I know the 2nd one is in an IF statement, but as soon as that statement is true, it will stuff everything up - well thats my guess).

I could be wrong, but that is my guess from a quick glance.

Cheers,

Chris

From a quick glance, I would thing it has something to do with you using 2 different rewritebase's, as the 2nd one will overwrite the first one (I know the 2nd one is in an IF statement, but as soon as that statement is true, it will stuff everything up - well thats my guess).

I could be wrong, but that is my guess from a quick glance.

Thanks Chris, any ideas on how I can merge the two together to work in harmony?

Thanks,

Ally

Updated my Ultimate SEO URLs to version 2.1c and I received this error going into checkout.

Warning: Cannot modify header information-headers already sent by (output started at /home/charlie/public_html/includes/application_top.php:748) in /home/charlie/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 35.

I would appreciate any assistance in this fixing this error...Thanks for the help in advance.

I have both contribs installed and they work fine together.

Not much help I know

So you have Both SEO URL and Header Tag Controller (not support, makes sure right one) installed and working both flawlessly?

I have updated from a original file did the SEO URL updates and then the header tags updates = no work.

I even tried Winmerge and compared files and merged, and still don't work.

I then took the header tags categories file it came with and works fine - but no SEO URL code in it.

Is there some update or something I have to do?

..scratching head...

Edited by rcz

So you have Both SEO URL and Header Tag Controller (not support, makes sure right one) installed and working both flawlessly?

I have updated from a original file did the SEO URL updates and then the header tags updates = no work.

I even tried Winmerge and compared files and merged, and still don't work.

I then took the header tags categories file it came with and works fine - but no SEO URL code in it.

Is there some update or something I have to do?

..scratching head...

hmm, it was two years ago I did it, took ages to get the seo part working initially, it was the first big contrib I had added and was new to php as well, post what files you are needing and I will post my versions of them.

ally

you could fix that by using tep_get_prid() in the function that writes the seo urls for products

i tried but could not get it to work in application top and then functions/general too, which one is the place to apply it?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

BUMP!

Ok, I'll answer my own question. I changed Force Cookie Use to True (previously was false). It started working. Can someone please confirm that it's correct that if one sets the Force Cookie Use to true, urls will not have osCsid, whereas if it's false, osCsid will appear?

Thank you very much

Sabrina

Updated my Ultimate SEO URLs to version 2.1c and I received this error going into checkout.

Warning: Cannot modify header information-headers already sent by (output started at /home/charlie/public_html/includes/application_top.php:748) in /home/charlie/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 35.

I would appreciate any assistance in this fixing this error...Thanks for the help in advance.

Hi,

This means that there is some text being output before the headers are being set. Whatever code you pasted into Application_top, ensure that it is the first piece of text to be output to the screen, as you cannot even insert a blank space beforehand.

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks Chris, any ideas on how I can merge the two together to work in harmony?

Thanks,

Ally

No idea unfortunately.

Actually, can you try just setting the RewriteBase for WP to just /

Then let me know what works and what doesn't work (and also let me know what works and doesnt work with the way it was before).

Cheers,

Chris

BUMP!

Hi,

You shouldn't need to force Cookie Use, as what happens if someone doesn't support cookies?

So you need to try and figure out why the oscid is appearing. Is your temp directory set up correctly? Is there any way for you to be able to see whether things are being written into the temp directory?

Regards,

Chris

:thumbsup:

Actually, can you try just setting the RewriteBase for WP to just /

Then let me know what works and what doesn't work (and also let me know what works and doesnt work with the way it was before).

Thanks again Chris, it works now

with the way it was

The blog links go where they are supposed to, so

http://test.newlifehealthcare.co.uk/blog.p...fatty-acids.php

goes to a blog page, essentially a redirect on:

http://test.newlifehealthcare.co.uk/blog.php

Catlog links however

display the correct url in the address bar but display the contents of the blog page

just setting the RewriteBase for WP to just /

Blog links display the correct url in the address bar

http://test.newlifehealthcare.co.uk/blog.p...index-diets.php

and the contents of the

page which is correct (it isnt clever enough to be displaying just that post yet)

And catalog pages:

http://test.newlifehealthcare.co.uk/body-care-c-25.html

DISPLAYS CATLOG PAGES, YOU ARE A STAR :thumbsup:

SHOP WORKS, CAN ADD TO CART etc again

ah you are great, I love open source, I love people who help the little guy, thanks for taking the time to help me out

ally

:thumbsup:

Thanks again Chris, it works now

with the way it was

The blog links go where they are supposed to, so

http://test.newlifehealthcare.co.uk/blog.p...fatty-acids.php

goes to a blog page, essentially a redirect on:

Catlog links however

display the correct url in the address bar but display the contents of the blog page

Blog links display the correct url in the address bar

http://test.newlifehealthcare.co.uk/blog.p...index-diets.php

and the contents of the

page which is correct (it isnt clever enough to be displaying just that post yet)

And catalog pages:

http://test.newlifehealthcare.co.uk/body-care-c-25.html

DISPLAYS CATLOG PAGES, YOU ARE A STAR :thumbsup:

SHOP WORKS, CAN ADD TO CART etc again

ah you are great, I love open source, I love people who help the little guy, thanks for taking the time to help me out

ally

Excellent - glad to hear that it worked :)

Cheers,

Chris

Hi,

There is somebody who can help me?

i have installed the ultimate seo contribution, and all worked in my "catalog".

But in the "admin" control there is only this :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_languages() in /homepages/17/d163819457/htdocs/modif/index.php on line 58

I look for any advice from you

I have deleted all the ultimate seo contribution but i have the same thing printed on my screen when i am in the "admin" control!

HELP ME please :(

This is it guys, this is the answer to the session id issue.

Thanks Roger! :D

What does the 'Nonsense' refer to here? Does it mean that this contirb is a load of cobblers? -

Have you tried adding the code to your appplication_top.php file as suggested and did it work?

Si.

Best regs,

Simon.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_languages() in /homepages/17/d163819457/htdocs/modif/index.php on line 58[/code

have you accidently loaded any catalog files to your admin? re-check the files you uploaded.

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hi Friends !

I have successfully installed the contribution SEO URLs by chemo but I use Hungarian Languages an characters.....I try to change "Enter special character conversions"...ĂĄ=>á, but don't working....

somebody could you please help me..what can I do now......Thanks...Alex

Hi there,

I just installed Ultimate SEO URLs 2.1d (29Nov).

When I attempt to access any page within my catalog the page will display with text code. The code displayed is verbatim from the /catalog/includes/class/seo.class.php (line 68 to the end).

Also the bottom of the page has the following error:

Fatal error: Class 'SEO_URL' not found in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\catalog\includes\application_top.php on line 313

Yet line 313 in my application_top has nothing related to SEO.

Another thing is that I do not have the SEO configuration link in my Admin. I have checked and rechecked the instructions, and have definately completed step 4 as advised in the guide.

Please can someone help me out here before I have back out.

NB: Not sure if this is relevant, however I have HTC2.6 and STS4.3 installed aswell.

Thanks

have you accidently loaded any catalog files to your admin? re-check the files you uploaded.

Thank for your help CHOOCH,

I dont' think that i have accidently loaded any catalog files to my admin.

I have verified two times.

I really don't know where is the mistake !

I repeat for those you want to help me...

After a seo install i have this in my "admin" :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_languages() in /homepages/17/d163819457/htdocs/modif/index.php on line 58

I have deleted all the files i have uploaded for seo, but my "admin" doesn't care it do the same !

:(

I have deleted all the files i have uploaded for seo, but my "admin" doesn't care it do the same !

That'd be your problem - /admin/includes/functions/general.php, which defines the tep_get_languages function, is one the modified file for seo url contrib and also a required file for any osc shop wiht no regard to whether you install seo url or not. So if you deleted it (i believe you did or it is not in the right folder), you got that error. Action: get/upload a copy of general.php from your backup.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Hi there,

I just installed Ultimate SEO URLs 2.1d (29Nov).

When I attempt to access any page within my catalog the page will display with text code. The code displayed is verbatim from the /catalog/includes/class/seo.class.php (line 68 to the end).

Also the bottom of the page has the following error:

Fatal error: Class 'SEO_URL' not found in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\catalog\includes\application_top.php on line 313

Yet line 313 in my application_top has nothing related to SEO.

Another thing is that I do not have the SEO configuration link in my Admin. I have checked and rechecked the instructions, and have definately completed step 4 as advised in the guide.

Please can someone help me out here before I have back out.

NB: Not sure if this is relevant, however I have HTC2.6 and STS4.3 installed aswell.

Thanks

Ok, so I backed out of 2.1d (As I had tried and re-tried it many times).

I've installed 2.1c instead, and at least it doesn't break my site, the pages still work correctly, but I STILL have no administrative interface to turn SEO URLs on??!!

I'm obviously missing the administrative install somewhere - where is the code for the admin interface to configure SEO? (I must be blind)

I'm obviously missing the administrative install somewhere - where is the code for the admin interface to configure SEO? (I must be blind)

Take your time... i'm sure you'll find where you've gone wrong and when you do it will be easy to fix.. this is a very user friendly contribution.

CHOOCH

Take your time... i'm sure you'll find where you've gone wrong and when you do it will be easy to fix.. this is a very user friendly contribution.

Is there supposed to be some SQL inserted to enable the Administrative Side? (there was in Chemo's earlier URL contributions using the seo-install.php)

What is the piece code that installs the admin?