Enable SEO cache to save queries?

Enable product cache?

Enable categories cache?

Enable manufacturers cache?

Enable articles cache?

Enable topics cache?

Enable information cache?

-jared

I know I've seen this issue in the forums somewhere, but I can't for the life of me find it! I've searched using the search feature, and on Google using site: and still no luck.

It's a problem with how Google (and other search engines?) index and cache the page. It gives this error:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: in /home/bonninde/public_html/templates/Original/boxes/categories.php on line 146

This seems to be happening to many sites, search Google and a whole bunch come up with this error (with their own filepaths, of course). Here's the Google cache of the site currently having the problem.

The pages look fine to customers (except they may need to refresh once sometimes), but search engines get thsi error.

I know a fix for this issue exists, because when I first installed Ultimate SEO URLs I ran into the problem on my own site and found the solution and fixed it. Now I run into the same issue when installing this contrib for a friend, and I can't find it anywhere!

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed this contr. and everything looks fine. I can even disable it from the admin section, in such case categories and products path return to the original (you know cpath? and .....).

The only problem I have is once installed, I can't login to the website using MS Frontpage. I'm not sure if this is something related to the rewrite rules or something related to any of the new files from the contr.

I want to know if anyone with this mod. installed is facing the same problem, or instead, can login using Frontpage.

I appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Greg

Anyone ever seen only a partial mod rewrite?

only cpath and product info are recognized, as soon as a manufacturer is chosen or even currency changed from product info or product listing, the url is rewritten incorrectly and item not found, of course.

http://www.sportsonparade.com/index.php

I tripple checked all files with a file comparer, there is nothing wrong there, none forgotten, none corrupt.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I am very new to SEO. I have just installed this contrib. Ultimate SEO. It all installed ok. I have used the default settings of the seo in my admin. It said to test it to got to a browser and enter store name, but cannot find it in any of the pages i got. How else can i test to see if these work.

Thankls

Hi,

This is the only problem I have found while testing this contribution on my store.

If you add a product to the cart directly from the list of all products from a manufacturer and then click continue in the cart it will take you back to the manufacturer's list of products. However, if you try to add another product to the cart directly from this list it will add the same product as before.

Is there anyway to fix this?

I installed this on a version of CRELoaded. The website runs fine, but when I try to access the admin control panel, I get:

// Function to reset SEO URLs database cache entries // Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 function tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls($action){ switch ($action){ case 'reset': tep_db_query("DELETE FROM cache WHERE cache_name LIKE '%seo_urls%'"); tep_db_query("UPDATE configuration SET configuration_value='false' WHERE configuration_key='SEO_URLS_CACHE_RESET'"); break; default: break; } # The return value is used to set the value upon viewing # It's NOT returining a false to indicate failure!! return 'false'; }

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/finishli/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1492) in /home/finishli/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 73

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/finishli/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1492) in /home/finishli/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 73

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/finishli/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1492) in /home/finishli/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 128

Can anybody please give me advice on what to do?

Thanks,

Ben

I installed this on a version of CRELoaded. The website runs fine, but when I try to access the admin control panel, I get:

// Function to reset SEO URLs database cache entries // Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 function tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls($action){ switch ($action){ case 'reset': tep_db_query("DELETE FROM cache WHERE cache_name LIKE '%seo_urls%'"); tep_db_query("UPDATE configuration SET configuration_value='false' WHERE configuration_key='SEO_URLS_CACHE_RESET'"); break; default: break; } # The return value is used to set the value upon viewing # It's NOT returining a false to indicate failure!! return 'false'; }

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/finishli/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1492) in /home/finishli/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 73

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/finishli/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1492) in /home/finishli/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 73

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/finishli/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1492) in /home/finishli/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 128

Can anybody please give me advice on what to do?

Thanks,

Ben

NM, I got it. I just had to clean up the extra installation code at the bottom of general.php

Hello everyone,

I've installed the Ultimate contribution (2.1d) for one of my clients who makes heavy use of the manufacturer's products listings with links such as this:

http://www.metrodiva.com/product_info.php?...products_id=269

When the contrib is enabled, the link transforms to this:

http://www.metrodiva.com/circleoflifeneckl...facturers_id=36

Is there any way to incorporate both the products_id & manufacturers_id into a .html link without the manufacturers_id parameter in the URL?

Thanks!

Greetings Everybody

I have just installed the Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 by Chemo. I am however getting the following error when I try to view any product.

Not Found

The requested URL/eshop/product_info.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I would really like to solve this fast as it has now stopped in the track and I must have it working!

Help!

Greetings Everybody

I have just installed the Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 by Chemo. I am however getting the following error when I try to view any product.

Not Found

The requested URL/eshop/product_info.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I would really like to solve this fast as it has now stopped in the track and I must have it working!

Help!

Sorry to bother, but I have had to uninstall. I have to look for an alternative

Anyone ever seen only a partial mod rewrite?

only cpath and product info are recognized, as soon as a manufacturer is chosen or even currency changed from product info or product listing, the url is rewritten incorrectly and item not found, of course.

http://www.sportsonparade.com/index.php

I tripple checked all files with a file comparer, there is nothing wrong there, none forgotten, none corrupt.

I had a similar problem where products and categories were linking correctly, but as soon as a manufacturer was selected from the Manufacturers drop-down, it just goes to the index.php page with no manufacturer product listing.

I resolved the problem be setting "Enable automatic redirects?" to "false".

Everything now works fine.

Hope this helps.

I had a similar problem where products and categories were linking correctly, but as soon as a manufacturer was selected from the Manufacturers drop-down, it just goes to the index.php page with no manufacturer product listing.

I resolved the problem be setting "Enable automatic redirects?" to "false".

Everything now works fine.

Hope this helps.

Adam, consider yourself my new best friend. Works like a charm. Do you happen to have an explanation for it?

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

I installed Ultimate SEO URLs 2.1d and it works, as far as I can see with my little knowledge of scripting... There's only one thing that isn't functioning anymore: When I click on the image of a product, the popup appears, but without the image.... When I disable SEO in the Admin, everything works fine.

I guess it has something to do with the MorePics_6 v 1.1. that is installed in my shop...?

Does somebody recognize this failure?

Direct from the horses mouth.

Rhea,

Make sure the "Use Redirect" setting is 'false' and it should not present the problem you describe.

Bobby

I don't know why, Bobby didn't explain that - but it worked for me too!

Vger

I installed Ultimate SEO URLs 2.1d and it works, as far as I can see with my little knowledge of scripting... There's only one thing that isn't functioning anymore: When I click on the image of a product, the popup appears, but without the image.... When I disable SEO in the Admin, everything works fine.

I guess it has something to do with the MorePics_6 v 1.1. that is installed in my shop...?

Does somebody recognize this failure?

Sorry for the cross-post, but the answer is in the MorePics support thread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ic=182676&st=20

Thank you, Surfalot!

Hi,

I have installed this module together with Image Magic. It seems that these 2 mods do not get along with each other. when I click on an image thumbnail, the popup window shows a page not found error. Is there any way I can get these 2 great modules working together?

thanks

Adam, consider yourself my new best friend. Works like a charm. Do you happen to have an explanation for it?

No problem Monika, some of your previous posts on other topics have helped me today....don't you just love the community support here!

I've only just started configuring a site for work, but can already tell that osCom rules!

Here's is some notes I took for future reference:

If Manufacturer drop-down box seems to refresh page to index.php, set "Enable automatic redirects?" to "false" in the Admin > Configuration > SEO URLs section.

Or change the value of "Manufacturers List" (Admin > Configuration > Maximum Values) to be equal or more than the amount of manufacturers you have.

Also change Manufacturers Select Size to "0".

This should render the manufacturers as simple links in a box, where the URLs are correctly rewritten. So instead of "index.php?manufacturers_id=4" you'd get "fox-m-4.html".

If you choose to have a list of Manufacturer links, rather than a Drop-down box, the links seem to work even with "Enable automatic redirects?" set to "true". Well, when I say it works....it takes you to the products listing page for that Manufacturer, but then fails to display the product details page if you click on a product image/link.

I don't have an explanation for this yet, but after I configure and setup our site I'll devote some time into solving it.

Until then, thanks for your previous posts....I'm sure I'll ask for your assistance soon! :thumbsup:

Anyone come across this error before:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: gzdeflate() in /usr1/digirati/www.mysite.com/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1602

I installed a fresh copy of Ultimate SEO URLs 2.1d just now. Thank you,

BD

Edited by BoulderDash

Anyone come across this error before:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: gzdeflate() in /usr1/digirati/www.mysite.com/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1602

I installed a fresh copy of Ultimate SEO URLs 2.1d just now. Thank you,

BD

Hmm... well, that's now gone and has never come back (my guess is that it was installing itself [by deflating?]). Any way, this is working great. I only have two other questions:

1) Can the "-p-30" of the URL be removed (it's not always a "30," obviously)? For example, can:

http://www.mysite.com/extension-cable-chicago-ivdm7002-p-30.html

be made to return as:

http://www.mysite.com/extension-cable-chicago-ivdm7002.html

I just don't see a need for it.

2) Since "Filter Short Word" is no longer a true/false setting... is it valid to have a "0" there to make it "false?" Or, would that misconfigure it and it should be a value of "1" to make it "false?"

Thanks a ton! I know Chemo isn't allowed to respond, but if your'e reading buddy - thanks!

BD

Edited by BoulderDash