• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Found another error and fix with this contribution. The first rewrite rule is

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

The second (.*) is way too open and should be modified to ([0123456789_]*) because there are only digits and underscores to be found.

It fails for example with one of my manufacturers called 'M. P. Adams', which translates to a link of m-p-adams-m-17.html

The -p- triggers the product_id rewrite line and of course fails because there is no product_id adams-m-17. By using ([0123456789_]*) one prevents this from triggering.

The same applies to the -c- and -m- rules.

Any comments? I have never written any .httaccess files, so am not sure if what I do is actually ok.

Unfortunately, the contribution author cannot reply, as he has been banned from the forums. 

-jared

Why did Chemo get banned?

Is anyone else here having problems with Master Products 1.1.5 and this contribution? My "Buy Now" buttons under the manufacturer's products listing pages do not work (they show up as "-p"). Any solutions?

Edited by mmxsaro

Before I Install the Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo, I was wondering if this contrib will break the links to all other sites that have hard coded their deep links to my site.

In other words if someone has hardcoded their link on their site to a product on my site such as:

http://www.traveltoe.com/product_info.php/...products_id/330

will their link be broken if I install this contrib?

When I activate this addon my shop works, but it scews up my order_id in every new order.

order id (when activated) is something like: 227229, without the mod it is like: 1367... :-(

I looked up the database tables and found the right ids in table orders, but wrong ids in orders_products, orders_status_history and orders_total.

*confused*

I am having a problem with the newest version of the contribution. Basically, no links would work when activated. It appears The problem is that the PHP code (specificly in the catalog/includes/classes/seo.class.php module) tries to do a redirect from a non-secure URL to a secure URL. However, for some reason (unknown at this time) it is redirecting to a non-secure URL, which then tries to redirect again and gets another non-secure URL, around and around till maximum redirection levels are reached.

The solution for now was to turn off automatic redirects in the configuration. Perhaps someone can troubleshoot the script to allow for these automatic redirects?

Big thanks to Chemo for this. I can tell it?s going to be a great asset when it decides to behave itself and get on with the job.

I have to explain, firstly, that my problem is with a jewellery store. I have to explain because, otherwise, this would just seem like any other installation hiccup. It?s not. This is intriguing. I know there must be some other explanation but this contrib seems to have developed an odd idiosyncracy in that it doesn?t really like jewellery ? stuff like necklaces, pendants or bracelets ? but it has a thing for earrings!

And that proves that it?s the contrib itself that?s to blame, not me, because I?m definitely more of a garter man. The New Products links are fine; they?re going to: catalog/product-name-p-xx.html and the address bar shows the same so I know it?s nearly working! The breadcrumbs links are fine, going to: catalog/categoryname/product-p-xx.html etc

But in catalog/index.php, clicking on any of the ?categories? links takes me to? index.php The address bar shows catalog/index.php?catalog=index.php and I can see, in the status bar, that all the categories links are going to catalog/index.php?cPath=21 etc

It?s just the main menu that isn?t working? that is ? and this is where it gets a wee bit creepy - unless the breadcrumbs show Earrings! Either on the Earrings product listing page or an individual Earrings page - as long as Earrings is in the breadcrumbs - the category links work as they should (I think), i.e. going to e.g. catalog/necklaces-c-21.html (and, provided I click on catalog/earrings-c-23.html, they keep working)!

I?ve been through everything; I've even been throught the database, trying to spot some difference between that category and the rest or maybe some difference between Earrings products, collectively, and everything else but I?ve finally, reluctantly, come to the uncomfortable conclusion that this contrib is only turned on by earrings!

Chemo, you are one strange guy! lol

As a matter of mild curiosity, does anyone know what's going on here?

Just an update on my last post... links are all OK now :rolleyes: - In fact, they're much better than OK. Maybe it was some kind of cache issue? If anyone is in touch with Chemo, please pass on my thanks.

Can anyone help me with a problem with a clash between an attribute mod and Ultimate SEO?

Please...

It is simply that tep_href_link in admin/includes/functions/html_output.html is modded by both modules...

I simply don't have the know how to sort that bit out.

Edited by 241

Remember - Live life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take.

After moving the site to root I cannot seem to get rid of the old urls. Even though the directory catalog doen't exist it still exists? I don't understand. Also my xml for the site map contribution still says /catalog/. Anyone know what to do?

I have uninstalled this contrib but have been left with this error in the admin.

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /www/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1358) in /www/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

that is there constantly then when i try to change an option it has another error and won't change.

I then reinstalled the contrib and still its there. Any ideas?

oops, there was a post like this in the previous page

If anyone could let me know if it is possible to install from an already running shop and explain the error I would appreciate it also!

PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!

After installing everything as per instructions, get following error, I have BTS installed, but i do not think this would be a problem.

Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 500

When I activate this addon my shop works, but it scews up my order_id in every new order.

order id (when activated) is something like: 227229, without the mod it is like: 1367... :-(

I looked up the database tables and found the right ids in table orders, but wrong ids in orders_products, orders_status_history and orders_total.

*confused*

I found out that this problem depends on the setting of "persistent connections" in configure.php

If I set USE_PCONNECT to false in both includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php everything just works fine :-)

I installed the ultimate SEO URL, but I am not sure if it is working properly.

Can somebody please check for me at www.shimshon9.com ?

Thanks

It looks fine... you do know you have the osc id showing up the whole time, don't you? Check the thread on how to fix that... I forget offhand.

Susan

After moving the site to root I cannot seem to get rid of the old urls. Even though the directory catalog doen't exist it still exists? I don't understand. Also my xml for the site map contribution still says /catalog/. Anyone know what to do?

I have the exact same problem, m8. Ive just spent 3 hours going through this thread from the beginning. its an awesome contribution (it was working before i moved my shop) and im a php noob and even i can see the effort that went into the commenting, coding and install guidelines....but this issue...

it seems so simple, i kept trying to reset my seo url cache as initially thats what it must have been, right?> apparently wrong. im thinking now where the .html re-writes come from and deleting it manually so it can start afresh again...

as an aside i have changed my directoiry in the .htaccess from /test/ to /eshop/ have you made the appropriate changes for a root install in your .htaccess?

if anyone knows why i cant reset my urls it'd be cool if they could help cos i really love this contrib and want to keep using it!!

cheers,

rushy

Ok I doubt anyone is going to be able to help as this is a really open ended question, but I have recently installed Apache/PHP/My SQL locally so that I cant test my sites before making live everything was great, I could test my sites and see that the contributions worked before making live, however after setting up SEO URLs it now refuses to work, I can see the main page but the product links are not being created at all ( I can see the old pid numbers followed by OSCID), and clicking on them does nothing at all.

As a test I uploaded the whole website to my live server and it works fine! I had a feeling this would be the case as I have used SEO before.

Is there anything obvious I could be missing in my apache setup? the htaccess?

If anyone can help this would be great!

Ok I doubt anyone is going to be able to help as this is a really open ended question, but I have recently installed Apache/PHP/My SQL locally so that I cant test my sites before making live everything was great, I could test my sites and see that the contributions worked before making live, however after setting up SEO URLs it now refuses to work, I can see the main page but the product links are not being created at all ( I can see the old pid numbers followed by OSCID), and clicking on them does nothing at all.

As a test I uploaded the whole website to my live server and it works fine! I had a feeling this would be the case as I have used SEO before.

Is there anything obvious I could be missing in my apache setup? the htaccess?

If anyone can help this would be great!

Got it forgot that it is a linux based system!!!

Currently the rewrite method changes a URL in the following way (general example):

yoursite.com/product_info.php?products_id=123

-TO-

yoursite.com/67345productname345786-p-123.html

Is there a way to make the product name all caps for those of us that basically sell by model numbers rather than names? Thus the new url, for example, would be:

yoursite.com/67345PRODUCTNAME345786-p-123.html

Thanks,

Aaron

Anyone come up with a solution for this???

-Aaron

In seo_class.php, about line 1240, change:

$anchor = ereg_replace($pattern, '', strtolower($string));

to:

$anchor = ereg_replace($pattern, '', strtoupper($string));

From the VERY brief testing I did (I just started playing with this contrib), that seems to work without ill effects. Try it and report back. Note that it will upcase all keywords such as category and manufacturer. If you wanted to selectively upcase just the product name, I'd probably suggest adding an optional argument to the strip function that specifies the desired case.

I just have a guestion, about this Enter special character conversions

For some reasen i cant get this to work, or i dont know how it work maby. But my url is like this

tr%C3%A5dl%C3%B8se-kamera-c-21.html and it should be like

tr?dl?se-kamera-c-21.html. Norwegain ??? and that is not in the .us world :)

So i was wondering if anyone knows how to fix that?

Mvh

Bj?rn