• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hello,

I installed Ultimate_SEO_URLs and must say what has already been said, easiest contrib install ever! Great job!

I have only one issue. When I select a manufacture from the Manufactures Menu I am taken to the index.php instead of to the product listing of that manufactures products.

Any suggestion or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Kevin

Double-check your .htaccess to make sure it contains everything from the installation instructions. There is a rewrite rule in there that sounds like it's not quite right on your server.

-jared

Double-check your .htaccess to make sure it contains everything from the installation instructions.  There is a rewrite rule in there that sounds like it's not quite right on your server.

-jared

I have done the install several times, each time I get the sane results. Without the SEO installed the URL looks like this

index.php?manufacturers_id=13

which matches what is in the .htaccess file (default from SEO, no changes)

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

I am not sure where to go from here?

I have Prod_Extra_Fields & image_html_package_1.2 also installed.

Again any help will be greatly appreciated.

--Kevin

The source code looks the same for both

<td class="boxText"><form name="manufacturers" action="http://www.website.com/index.php" method="get"><select name="manufacturers_id" onChange="this.form.submit();" size="1" style="width: 100%"><option value="" SELECTED>Please Select</option><option value="14"> MFG_01 </option><option value="13">MFG_02</option></select></form></td>

Hello,

I have further issues with the manufacture links. If navigate to a product's detail page the manufacture info box appears on the right. If I click the link to view all products I am taken to the product list view, which works exacly how I would like the drop down menu on the left to work. All looks fine but if I click on a product, to be taken to the product detail the link is wrong and I get product not found (see link below).

http://www.artkopia.com/productname-p-28.html?manufacturers_id=13

Does navigation by manufacture working for others?

Help please, I really want to get this working.

Hi, WHEW! finally got to the end of this long thread, and didn't find a matching solution to my small problem. :huh:

I installed the new Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 by Chemo. (really angry to hear he was banned on the eve of a major contribution to this organization)

It was an easy install, But..........

When I click ADD TO CART no products are ever added, whether I am logged in or not.

I hesitate to uninstall this contribution, and hope to find a solution.

????????

Bobby,

Will this work on an IIS server?

Mike

IIS Installation Howto

What a great MOD for OSCOMMERCE, heres the rundown on getting it to work on a IIS+PHP Microsoft Platform.

portions edited

m: In your httpd.ini file (part of isapi_rewrite) use the following configuration:

[ISAPI_Rewrite]

# Defend your computer from some worm attacks
RewriteRule .*(?:global.asa|default\.ida|root\.exe|\.\.).* . [F,I,O]
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ /index.php\?cPath=$2
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html\?(.*)$ /index.php\?cPath=$2&$3
RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ /product_info.php\?products_id=$2
RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html\?(.*)$ /product_info.php\?products_id=$2&$3
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ /index.php\?manufacturers_id=$2
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ /popup_image.php\?pID=$2
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html\?(.*)$ /popup_image.php\?pID=$2&$3
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ /articles.php\?tPath=$2
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ /article_info.php\?articles_id=$2
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ /product_reviews.php\?products_id=$2
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html\?(.*)$ /product_reviews.php\?products_id=$2&$3
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ /product_reviews_info.php\?products_id=$2
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html\?(.*)$ /product_reviews_info.php\?products_id=$2&$3
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html\?(.*)$ /product_reviews.php\?products_id=$2&$3
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ /information.php\?info_id=$2

Install the SEO mod as per the instructions included and there you go!!

Hope this helps someone.

Peter.

url Removed

Edited by Mibble

Hi all seems to ne working but in admin/seo i get this above the settings

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls): First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/kwffzpw/public_html/trade/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

Greetings all.

I followed very carefully the directions for this contribution. It never allowed my index.php file to appear. In other words, when I link to www.wayoutpost.com/catalog/ it should automatically default to my index.php page, but I get a blank page (nothing at all...not even an error).

I uninstalled very carefully (i.e. used all my backup files). The same thing is now happening. When I go to wayoutpost.com/catalog/ I get a blank page. I eliminated all blank spaces at the end and beginning of the affected files and still no go. The strange thing is that when I link directly to catalog/index.php, it opens and appears to be functioning properly. Why isn't it catching my index.php file in the catalog/ folder???

Thanks,

Jonathan

P.S. I have info_pages and infobox admin installed. this may be affecting things, but I reverted to my original files and it's still not working.

I've uninstalled previous versions -- I just undid what the instructions said to do. It really wasn't that bad, especially if you commented out the sections you replaced instead of deleting them.

If you deleted the sections that you replaced, you'll have to find them either in your backups, or in the stock osC 2.2 MS2 files.

-jared

Are there explicit instructions on completely removing this contribution?  It is not a simple install as stated in the instructions.

Greetings all.

I followed very carefully the directions for this contribution.  It never allowed my index.php file to appear.  In other words, when I link to www.wayoutpost.com/catalog/ it should automatically default to my index.php page, but I get a blank page (nothing at all...not even an error). 

I uninstalled very carefully (i.e. used all my backup files).  The same thing is now happening.  When I go to wayoutpost.com/catalog/ I get a blank page.  I eliminated all blank spaces at the end and beginning of the affected files and still no go.  The strange thing is that when I link directly to catalog/index.php, it opens and appears to be functioning properly.  Why isn't it catching my index.php file in the catalog/ folder???

Thanks,

Jonathan

P.S. I have info_pages and infobox admin installed.  this may be affecting things, but I reverted to my original files and it's still not working.

Well, I seem to have almost everything working now. I had a leftover tag for another contrib in my application_top.php file that was causing problems. I seem to be having problems with logging in now. When I log in, it just returns me to the same login page and I'm clearly not logged in. I'll dig into it and see what I can find. If anyone else has had this problem and has been able to fix it, please let me know. I just turned on cacheing.

Well, I seem to have almost everything working now.  I had a leftover tag for another contrib in my application_top.php file that was causing problems.  I seem to be having problems with logging in now.  When I log in, it just returns me to the same login page and I'm clearly not logged in.  I'll dig into it and see what I can find.  If anyone else has had this problem and has been able to fix it, please let me know.  I just turned on cacheing.

This contrib is working quite well now. I apologize for all the frantic posts before, but my site was completely down. I have one question from you code jockeys. My shop sells t-shirts and the descriptions of my items (and, subsequently, the URLs in my shop) contain the word "t-shirt." However, this contrib removes the "-" so it becomes "tshirt". Ive tried changing the special characters, but I got no love. Does anyone know where I can fix this to make it so that the word "t-shirt" doesn't have the hyphen removed?

Here's an example - http://www.wayoutpost.com/catalog/joy-divi...oser-p-253.html

Cheers in advance!

I've got a problem when adding new products to my site via the admin area.

I update a product. Then hit the preview button, and it goes UP ok. Then when I hit the update button I get the following message

Warning: main(includes/reset_seo_cache.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thelefty/public_html/catalog/pas/admin/categories.php on line 22

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/reset_seo_cache.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/thelefty/public_html/catalog/pas/admin/categories.php on line 22

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thelefty/public_html/catalog/pas/admin/categories.php:22) in /home/thelefty/public_html/catalog/pas/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

It does work though and the products still show up on the site.

Ideas anyone?

Hi,

i also enjoy a lot this ultimate contrib! Thanks chemo!!

observing customers i decided to allow sessions again (due to the observation there a lot out there with deactivated cookies).

By doing this a problem with this contrib. occured: the "buy now" link is generated with "&amp" instead of "&" (a problem that has been discussed in this thread in antother context, on page 5 or 6). Although IE doesn't care about it, Firefox, NS and Co. result in an empty basket. I re-checked it also on a clean osc-install, but i get the same effect.

Does anybody experienced the same problem and has a solution?

Thanks!

Hey, wayoutpost I had a similar problem with the login. I managed to *fix* the problem by changing my configure.php file where the cookie HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN was setup incorrectly. So i.e. this wasn't really a fix since it should have worked anyway with sessions registered in GET variables (as oppose to cookies). How did you manage to fix the problem? Try clearing your cookies, disabling cookies and then logging in. Is the problem still there? Also, do you have a funny url on login like me:

account.php?__/__/__/catalog/includes=

It should not be this way.

All the best

Lech

Here's what i've noticed (anyone else experiencing this problem):

With cookies disabled and consequently osc storing sessions in GET vars - when you click to buy from a product listings page the session is lost because & is replaced by "&". This does not happen when you click to buy from the product info page because it uses the POST method (although "&" appears in the action instead of & - must later be replaced by the code) - looks a little nasty but seems to work fine there.

Back to clicking buy on the product listings pages (index.php). The interesting thing is, if you look, the links are correct. It must be something to do with a rewrite-rule in htaccess as you say wilmon.

Here's what i've noticed (anyone else experiencing this problem):

With cookies disabled and consequently osc storing sessions in GET vars - when you click to buy from a product listings page the session is lost because & is replaced by "&". This does not happen when you click to buy from the product info page because it uses the POST method (although "&" appears in the action instead of & - must later be replaced by the code) - looks a little nasty but seems to work fine there.

Back to clicking buy on the product listings pages (index.php). The interesting thing is, if you look, the links are correct. It must be something to do with a rewrite-rule in htaccess as you say wilmon.

I've also perceived this, clicking the "buy-button" in product info works "well", i used this to build a (nasty) solution for the time until i get a fix (in fact i check for seesion id, if found the "buy now"-button leads to product info, if there isn't a session the customer is allowing cookie therefore the "buy now"-button works as used to)

Any more hints?

Edited by Johnson

I know the solution but unfortunetly I am unable to tell you because the post got deleted. OS politics or something.

All I can say - and i'm not sure I'm allowed to tell you this - is look elsewhere.

Hey, wayoutpost I had a similar problem with the login. I managed to *fix* the problem by changing my configure.php file where the cookie HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN was setup incorrectly. So i.e. this wasn't really a fix since it should have worked anyway with sessions registered in GET variables (as oppose to cookies). How did you manage to fix the problem? Try clearing your cookies, disabling cookies and then logging in. Is the problem still there? Also, do you have a funny url on login like me:

account.php?__/__/__/catalog/includes=

It should not be this way.

All the best

Lech

I fixed it by changing my HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN to my shared cert address (www.control-access.com, not www.wayoutpost.com - which is my HTTP domain). I have only "Prevent Spider Sessions" to true under Sessions. Cache is turned on. Despite the fact that I have "add category parent" turned on, it doesn't work. I also haven't figured out how to make the word "t-shirt" appear with the hyphen instead of "tshirt". Since most of my customers probably search using the word t-shirt it's killing me.

Any ideas?

Ok, question for everyone:

My category is like this: body kit

Now, on the html version, came out this: catalog/bodykit-c-43.html

When I go further to subcategory, for example acura, it will go like this: catalog/bodykitacura-c-43_53.html

Is that normal?

I thought it should be like: catalog/body-kit-c-43.html as oppose to catalog/bodykit-c-43.html

Please help! Thanks

Chemo,

Thanks for the contribution. After installing, the site URL's seem to work ok however, when I go to checkout, I get an Internal 500 Server error. I have narrowed it down to something in the .htaccess file. I am using a shared SSL on this site . The regular URL is:

http://cartxpress-demo.com

SSL URL is:

https://host.thisisourserver.com/cartxpress-demo

All works ok until you hit the secure side. Any suggesstions would be appreciated. I looked through the forum and did not see this particular problem.

Also, what is the best ay to remove the OSCsid from the URL without "forcing cookies"?

Thanks again for the contribution and thanks in advance for any help.

Chemo,

Thanks for the contribution.  After installing, the site URL's seem to work ok however, when I go to checkout, I get an Internal 500 Server error.  I have narrowed it down to something in the .htaccess file.  I am using a shared SSL on this site .  The regular URL is:

http://cartxpress-demo.com

SSL URL is:

https://host.thisisourserver.com/cartxpress-demo

All works ok until you hit the secure side.  Any suggesstions would be appreciated.  I looked through the forum and did not see this particular problem.

Also, what is the best ay to remove the OSCsid from the URL without "forcing cookies"?

Thanks again for the contribution and thanks in advance for any help.

What are you using as your HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN and your HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN (you can find this in your configure.php file)? Also, do you have your COOKIE_PATHs set up properly? If your site worked before installing this contrib and you haven't changed the cookie_paths then they're probably OK, but it's good to verify. Finally, make sure you don't have any spaces before the first <?php or after the ?> in any of the files you had to change recently. This normally causes a blank page, but I guess it could cause a page cannot be displayed error as well.

wayoutpost,

It all worked prior. If I comment out the .htaccess file, the problem goes away but the URL's don't get rewritten of course. I think it may be something with my server setup and mod_rewrite because if the "shared" ssl.

Any suggesstions?

I had this problem on another site and switched to "cname" method and got it to work. I will more than likely switch this site over if I cannot find a solution.

Thanks for the help