• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hi ANYONE,

I have installed the Ultimate SEO URL's contribution on my site: www.ministryhelps.com.

Everything works well BUT when you place an order and click the "sign in" button rather than taking you to the secure check out it...... Throws up a security window that tells you, you are now going to the secure part of the shop,,,, then when you click OK it takes you back to the HOME page instead of going to complete the check out.

AND... I have also noticed that sometimes the buy now buttons take you to the product page and sometimes they take you to the cart page - at which it simply says your cart is empty.

Now - If I log out and then log back in again BEFORE I put items in my cart - then it works fine....

But most people do not do this - they add the products first and then sign in, so I really need to get this fixed.

Any ideas?

I'm having a great Day - hope you are too!

Leon

I installed this again and it works fine on my localhost but when I upload it the trouble begins.  I can not access any product pages at all but the pages with no product seem to be fine.  I get a page not found error.

Thanks, Mike

I am having the same problem.

All pages are working fine except the product pages. Where am i going wrong?

here is a link to the site My Webpage

Hi ANYONE,

I have installed the Ultimate SEO URL's contribution on my site: www.ministryhelps.com.

Everything works well BUT when you place an order and click the "sign in" button rather than taking you to the secure check out it...... Throws up a security window that tells you, you are now going to the secure part of the shop,,,, then when you click OK it takes you back to the HOME page instead of going to complete the check out.

AND... I have also noticed that sometimes the buy now buttons take you to the product page and sometimes they take you to the cart  page - at which it simply says your cart is empty.

Now - If I log out and then log back in again BEFORE I put items in my cart - then it works fine....

But most people do not do this - they add the products first and then sign in, so I really need to get this fixed.

Any ideas?

Hello i had a problem with the empty cart. read my forum post here :thumbsup:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=156357

Mine works now but i was not sure if it was ulimate seo's that caused the error but still no more empty cart issues.

I am having the same problem.

All pages are working fine except the product pages. Where am i going wrong?

here is a link to the site My Webpage

Hello,

i had this problem again also. Mine was to do with the .htaccess file being in the wrong place and linked wrong inside the test.

My shop is in www.website.co.uk/shop/ so i placed the .htaccess file here

so i had to use

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /shop/

I hope this works i almost gave up after the 8th time but all is well now.

Hello,

i had this problem again also.  Mine was to do with the .htaccess file being in the wrong place and linked wrong inside the test.

My shop is in www.website.co.uk/shop/ so i placed the .htaccess file here

so i had to use

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /shop/

I hope this works i almost gave up after the 8th time but all is well now.

I too am suffering from this .htaccess problem. My cart is installed at the root of my server. After pasting the code in my .htaccess file I cannot access ANY part of my site!

Can someone post there working .htaccess file here?

:huh:

About Ultimate SEO URLs v2.0 for CRE Loaded

Hello Bobby "chemo" team !

I'm trying to install seo on a 6.15 creload...

all is ok except that msg

1146 - Table 'trowoods_trowoods.cache' doesn't exist

DELETE FROM cache WHERE cache_expires <= '2005-06-22 11:22:31'

[TEP STOP]

Seems that a table or something missing...

An idea ?

Thanks 4 your help

I am getting a server error when I add a .htaccess file to my root folder.

But when I put a.htaccess I do not get the server error but I can not access any of my products.

how to fix this?

Kunal

I don't know where you got "a.htaccess", perhaps someone said to create "a .htaccess file" and the space was missing? You apparently have errors in your .htaccess file. When you rename it to "a.htaccess", the server is just ignoring the file because that name doesn't mean anything to it. It knows to use the settings in the ".htaccess" file if it exists, so if there are errors in that file, they will cause problems. Perhaps if you post the contents of this file someone can spot the trouble.

David

How can I include the allproducts.php page? My links from that page looking like:

http://www.kinderdinge.de/akaba-p-89.html?...ba&session=xxxx

How can I get rid of : Your_Store_Name=Akaba

I can't store the product in the basket with that link...

Best

Torsten

Please look here: http://www.kinderdinge.de/allprods.php

Edited by Torsten

Display the contents of your /includes/configure.php MINUS the database connection settings.  Incorrect values in there seem to be causing a lot of problems like this. David

Hi David,

Here is the file /includes/configure.php

See anything there that would be stopping it from accessing the secure part of the website. As I said before everything works fine until you click on the "sign in" to place an order - then instead of going to the rest of the checkout process it takes you back to the home page.

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.ministryhelps.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.ministryhelps.com'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', 'true'); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'http://www.ministryhelps.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'https://www.ministryhelps.com');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']));

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . '/download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Leon

Leon

Hi David,

See anything there that would be stopping it from accessing the secure part of the website. As I said before everything works fine until you click on the "sign in" to place an order - then instead of going to the rest of the checkout process it takes you back to the home page.

Thanks

Leon

I beleive your cookie definition should look like this:

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'ministryhelps.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'ministryhelps.com');

Hi David,

Thanks

Leon

Change the cookies domains to:

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.ministryhelps.com');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.ministryhelps.com');

Don't forget the . before the domains :thumbsup:

David

Change the cookies domains to:

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.ministryhelps.com');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.ministryhelps.com');

Don't forget the . before the domains  :thumbsup:

David

Hi David,

I'll give that a try, and thanks for telling me abou the . I would not have known to do that. :D

Leon

Any update on this problem:

SEO works like a charm...but when I get 404 errors for every product or category page.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry...it's late and I missed a very important part. I get the errors when I DISABLE SEO in the Admin section. otherwise it works fabulous.

I am very burnt trying to figure out how to make this contribution work. Its a very complicated contribution and trying to figure it out to make it work is truly a nightmare. I have everything installed and for the life of me cannot get it to resolve the url . It converts the url but I just get page not found. I have checked and rechecked all my steps. I have reinstalled and I get the same thing each time. I am sure my .htaccess is correct My site resides in /catalog so the htaccess reflects this. I have made sure my: define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.njtoys-n-things.com'); and https is correct. I do not know what else is going on. I am really at a loss. This seems to be a wonderful contribution and just wish I could figure a way to make it work.

Hi David,

I'll give that a try, and thanks for telling me abou the .    I would not have known to do that.  :D

Hi David,

Well I tried that and again everything works fine in the URL line in the address bar, but still it will not let me go into the checkout. It keeps throwing me back to the home page whenever I click the proceed to checkout button at the log in screen...

Any other thoughts on this one. It should work, but I for sure have missed something.

Leon

Hi David,

Well I tried that and again everything works fine in the URL line in the address bar, but still it will not let me go into the checkout. It keeps throwing me back to the home page whenever I click the proceed to checkout button at the log in screen...

Any other thoughts on this one. It should work, but I for sure have missed something.

I sent you a note on this.

David

I am very burnt trying to figure out how to make this contribution work. Its a very complicated contribution and trying to figure it out to make it work is truly a nightmare. I have everything installed and for the life of me cannot get it to resolve the url . It converts the url but I just get page not found. I have checked and rechecked all my steps. I have reinstalled and I get the same thing each time. I am sure my .htaccess is correct My site resides in /catalog so the htaccess reflects this. I have made sure my:  define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.njtoys-n-things.com'); and https is correct. I do not know what else is going on. I am really at a loss. This seems to be a wonderful contribution and just wish I could figure a way to make it work.

Do you have STS installed? What version of Ultimate SEO URL's are you using?

David

Do you have STS installed?  What version of Ultimate SEO URL's are you using?

David

I do not have sts installed. I have the latest version installed I do have creloaded so not sure if something with that is interfering but according to install directions it should not be an issue. I don't know where to start trouble shooting this.

I do not have sts installed. I have the latest version installed I do have creloaded so not sure if something with that is interfering but according to install directions it should not be an issue. I don't know where to start trouble shooting this.

You say you have the latest version. Can you tell me exactly what version you are using? It makes a difference.

David