• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Correction as I need to give you the correct info to expect an answer:

Ultimate SEO URLS (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2823) is the add-on that is installed. My question is can one edit the meta tags descriptions for all the product pages with his add-on in OSC 2.3.3? If yes, please tell me how.

If not, can one install the Modular SEO Header Tags together with the add-on above or is it a case of either/or?

George

This addon doesn't have anything to do with meta tags. I haven't used Modular SEO Header Tags with this addon but I can't imagine that they wouldn't work together. That question needs to be asked in the support thread for that addon though.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello and thank you for having me. I like to start off by saying sorry for any rookie questions I may have. I have the SEO URL addon in my backoffice for my osCommerce 2.3. I was wanting to know if the settings I have set for this addon are correct? My website is http://www.electronic-connection.com/. I don't know if you really need my website but I posted it just in case. I have been working on my website like crazy and never messed with this addon.

Should I Remove all non-alphanumeric characters?

Should I Reset SEO URLs Cache? I have been working on my website like crazy and never messed with this addon

Thank you so much for all your help!

Title Value Action Enable SEO URLs? true icon_info.gif Add cPath to product URLs? false icon_info.gif Add category parent to begining of URLs? false icon_info.gif Filter Short Words 3 icon_info.gif Output W3C valid URLs (parameter string)? true icon_info.gif Enable SEO cache to save queries? true icon_info.gif Enable product cache? false icon_info.gif Enable categories cache? false icon_info.gif Enable manufacturers cache? false icon_arrow_right.gif Enable articles cache? true icon_info.gif Enable topics cache? true icon_info.gif Enable information cache? true icon_info.gif Enable automatic redirects? true icon_info.gif Enable pages cache? true icon_info.gif Choose URL Rewrite Type Rewrite icon_info.gif Enter special character conversions icon_info.gif Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? false icon_info.gif Reset SEO URLs Cache false

@@Verick101 First, that is an old version you have installed and it should be updated. As for the settings, it varies with the site/server. But the one setting you want to be sure to get right is the short word filter.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I am getting no help In relation to my previous pm to you looking for help with an alternative SEO url add-on. This has broken my site by adding ssl although worked perfectly before.

My question what is the best way to totally uninstall the previous addon (ultimate seo urls5) and install your supported add-on ultimate SEO.

Thanks

I don't recall a PM from you but, in general, free support is only available in these forums and I will usually point that out or not respond to such requests, of which there are a lot. If you want to uninstall SEO5 and can't get help in its support thread, you could try just posting in the general forum. However, most likely the answer will be to reverse the steps you did to install it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

thanks to the SEO URLs my running shop is found pretty well in the search engines. Good work!

Now our hoster plans to upgrade from php 5.3 to 5.5.x, which causes a lot of upgrading work in the shop system. Finally I decided to set up a new 2.3.3.4 shop system and I am working now on the modifications.

My question is, if there's any chance to use the SEO URLs on this new shop? I tried an installation, but it creates lots of errors because the seo.class.php uses mysql and no mysqli.

Is there any plan to create an upgrade for this wonderful addon? I suppose many more users might be interested in an upgrade.

I read somewhere in the earlier posts suppress the error statements – but I am afraid this will help only on short term and will create trouble with our hoster.

Any reply is appreciated!

Thanks

weinhexe

Edited by weinhexe

I don't have 5.5 installed so I can't test it with that. But I do have a shop installed that uses 5.4 and this addon works well with it but that shop doesn't use mysqli so that might make a difference. I do plan on installing a shop and testing it that way but I don't know when that will be.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi and thanks for the information. The mysql is deprecated in php 5.5 – I am using a local MAMP installation to test it. If you feel like rewriting the code to mysqli, I can give assistance testing it.

Hello,

De Dokta, a member of the German osc support forum rewrote a part of the seo.class.php:

Lines 63 - 156:

function SEO_DataBase($host, $user, $db, $pass){
		    $this->host = $host;
		    $this->user = $user;
		    $this->db = $db;
		    $this->pass = $pass;			   
		    $this->ConnectDB();
////			    $this->SelectDB();
    } # end function
/**
* Function to connect to MySQL
* @[member='author'] Bobby Easland
* @version 1.1
*/	   
    function ConnectDB(){
		    $this->link_id = mysqli_connect($this->host, $this->user, $this->pass, $this->db);
    if (!$this->link_id) {
   die('Connect Error (' . mysqli_connect_errno() . ') '
	    . mysqli_connect_error());
}

} # end function

/**
* Function to select the database
* @version 1.0
* @[member='Return'] resoource
    function SelectDB(){
		    return mysqli_select_db($this->link_id, $this->db);
    } # end function

/**
* Function to perform queries
* @version 1.0
* @[member='param'] string $query SQL statement
* @[member='Return'] resource
*/	   
    function Query($query){
		    $result = mysqli_query($this->link_id, $query);
		    return $result;
    } # end function

/**
* Function to fetch array
* @version 1.0
* @[member='param'] resource $resource_id
* @[member='param'] string $type MYSQL_BOTH or MYSQL_ASSOC
* @[member='Return'] array
*/	   
    function FetchArray($resource_id, $type = MYSQL_BOTH){
		 if ($resource_id)
		 {
		    $result = mysqli_fetch_array($resource_id, $type);
		    return $result;
		 }
		 return false;
    } # end function

/**
* Function to fetch the number of rows
* @version 1.0
* @[member='Return'] mixed 
*/	   
    function NumRows($resource_id){
		    return @mysqli_num_rows($resource_id);
    } # end function
/**
* Function to fetch the last insertID
* @version 1.0
* @[member='Return'] integer 
*/	   
    function InsertID() {
		    return mysqli_insert_id();
    }

/**
* Function to free the resource
* @version 1.0
* @[member='Return'] boolean
*/	   
    function Free($resource_id){
		    return @mysqli_free_result($resource_id);
    } # end function

De Dokta tested his modification on php 5.4, I tested it on php 5.5 and it seems to work correctly.

Regards

weinhexe

Very friendly of Hildegard that she has posted my approach here. But she has overlooked a correction which I have added in the German Forum.

The last two functions should correctly rather be like this:

* Function to fetch the last insertID
* @version 1.0
* @[member='Return'] integer
*/
function InsertID() {
return mysqli_insert_id($this->link_id);
}

/**
* Function to free the resource
* @version 1.0
* @[member='Return'] boolean
*/
function Free($resource_id){
return mysqli_free_result($resource_id);
} # end function

Regards

J.J.

@@De Dokta @@weinhexe this change caused errors on orders paid for using Barclays EPDQ as per my post here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/396161-wierd-order-how-can-this-happen/

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

@@Mort-lemur

oops, i'm sorry. But I have no idea how these changes in the seo_urls may affect the payment methods. I just run some orders with different payment methods that I use - I have not experienced any problems.

Maybe this is a specific problem with Barclays EPDQ, which I do not know. :wacko:

Hi,

I installed the Ultimate SEO package back in 2008. Wow I feel old.

I deicided it is about time I turned Register Globals off on my site, and so have been trying to do this on my local version. I have made the necessary changes according to this mod:

osCommerce 2.2ms2-060817 Register Globals Off Workaround for PHP4 and PHP5

This mod was created by Jiri Stavinoha from magic seo url.

Upon turning Register Globals off everything worked fine until I turned my Ultimate SEO URLs package on. When I do this the category and product pages display the error:

FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!

It is only the pages that have had their urls modified by the Ultimate SEO URLs package that come up with this error. What really baffles me is that a site wide source code search for "FATAL ERROR: register_globals" reveals no matches.

It is also worth mentioning that I first used a different contribution to make my site compaitible with Register Globals off. The other contribution resulted in exactly the same errors.

My head is going scabby from all the scratching and so if anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Looking on the function add category parent to the beginning of urls, is it posible to change

parent-category-some-sub-category-c-1.hml

to

parent-category/some-sub-category-c-1.html

/Jesper

osCommerce 2.2ms2-060817 Register Globals Off Workaround for PHP4 and PHP5

This mod was created by Jiri Stavinoha from magic seo url.

Upon turning Register Globals off everything worked fine until I turned my Ultimate SEO URLs package on. When I do this the category and product pages display the error:

FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!

Hi,

I'm the author of this MOD (magic-seo-url.com is now inveostore.com). What's the exact version of Ultimate SEO URLs you are using?

As far as I know this mod became part of the official osCommerce release so upgrading to the later Ultimate SEO URLs might also help.