• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I have a multilanguage shop, with 8 languages and from Google I understood that the URL's should something like:

www.url.nl/nl/product

www.url.nl/de/product

www.url.nl/en/product

etc

Now all pages come in 8 versions, each in their own language, but they are all represented by just one URL. Probable not very SEO efficient.

I use Header Tags SEO V3.0 and Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_10

Is it possible with Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_10 to get the URL's like I want?

Or must I install ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 Pro? Will that work with Header Tags SEO V3.0??

I have to fix this because in Google my site is almost invisible. So I appreciate all feedback

thanks, Bouke

No, you can't get urls like that with this contribution. I'm considering it for the next version but, even if it is added, it won't be ready anytime soon. So if you need that version and SEO 5 offers it, then that is your only choice. SEO 5 works with Header Tags as long as use a certain setting in its settings. You will need to ask in its support thread for more details. I'm not sure how it will work with the canonical tags Header Tags uses though, which would be the most important in your case.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I think I found a way to use the re-write rules to remove the -p-xx.html bit from the url. It seems to work on my server but haven't fully tested it yet. Perhaps during your testing you could try it out.

This basically makes the URL look like this http://www.myshop.com/my-cool-product/

Which is the same kind of re-writes as Word Press and other open source projects already have in place.

# Begin Ultimate SEO V2.2d 
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 

# RewriteBase instructions 
 # Change RewriteBase dependent on how your shop is accessed as below. 
 # http://www.mysite.com = RewriteBase / 
 # http://www.mysite.com/catalog/ = RewriteBase /catalog/  
 # http://www.mysite.com/catalog/shop/ = RewriteBase /catalog/shop/ 

# Change the following line using the instructions above  

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)(.*)/$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)(.*)/$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)(.*)/$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)(.*)/$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)(.*)/$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)(.*)/$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)(.*)/$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)(.*)/$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)(.*)/$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)(.*)/$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)(.*)/$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)(.*)/$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)(.*)/$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)(.*)/$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)(.*)/$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)(.*)/$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)([0-9]+)/$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)(.*)/$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)(.*)/$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)(.*)/$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)(.*)/$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)([0-9]+)/$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# End Ultimate SEO V2.2d

I do know that this does work for sure but one would have to add it to every last product and so on.

RewriteEngine  on

RewriteRule ^my-product/$ my-product-p-27.html

Thanks for your work,

Eric

Edited by matrix2223

I think I found a way to use the re-write rules to remove the -p-xx.html bit from the url. It seems to work on my server but haven't fully tested it yet. Perhaps during your testing you could try it out.

This basically makes the URL look like this http://www.myshop.com/my-cool-product/

Which is the same kind of re-writes as Word Press and other open source projects already have in place.

Interesting. I don't see how the code in the seo.class.php would work since it uses those idenifiers to find the correct section of code but it is worth a try. Have you tested it?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Interesting. I don't see how the code in the seo.class.php would work since it uses those idenifiers to find the correct section of code but it is worth a try. Have you tested it?

I'm working on that now. Your right though, the seo.class.php probably would have to be updated. I had noticed that if you type the url in it works but when you click on the product link it dont.

It still has the -p-xx.html attached. Perhaps a database reset would work, not sure thou.

I am sure that I am determined to get this to work, one way or another. osC is way behind the curve on seo urls. Thanks to all of your work thats the only thing going good for it. I will keep you posted on any updates I encounter with this.

If all else fails one could just use

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*)/$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

That would for sure remove the .html bit at least.

Thanks,

Eric

Edited by matrix2223

For those wishing to remove the .html extension from the url here is what needs done.

This will get the url to look like this: myshop.com/samsung-galaxy-p-28/

Keep in mind this still needs further testing on shops but works on un-modified shops.

1) In seo.class.php search for .html and replace with /

2) In your .htaccess file remove all instances of .html

so it looks like this

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*)$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

On a side note, I think the (.*) could be updated as it very well could make a server go into an infinite, not sure which would be better for this though if any????

Eric

Edited by matrix2223

Hi,

Hope all is well...

I am using Ultimate SEO URLs for my oscommerce site. Now the category page URL look likes http://mysite.com/toys-c67a89.html. Now I want this URL will be http://mysite.com/child-toys.html. Now main category showing like parent_category_name-c1.html and sub categories showing like parent_category_name-c1a10.html and sub sub category shows like parent_category_name-c1a10a103.html....I want only the category and sub category names to be changed.

Instead of parent-c1a10.html, I want the category url will be only the category name => children-plastictoys.html and children-games-toys.html. If it is not possible without id, I just want http://mysite.com/children-plastictoys-c1a10a103.html and http://mysite.com/children-gamestoys-c1a10a103.html

My .htaccess shows like this

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c([0-9a]+).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Anyone please help on this...urgent..........

Thanks and Regards,

Kalaivanan Muthusamy

Regards,

Kalaivanan Muthusamy.

Hi Jack,

As i say i've installed Version 2.2d-11 and everything is working great. The issue i was having with USU5 pro not redirecting -c-26.html is fixed with your version and i installed the validator which has fixed manufacturer links not redirecting.

The only issue i have is with the manufacturers drop down menu. I have searched the thread and seen it mentioned before but didn't see a solution.

My site is oscommerce 2.31 and has a few contributions installed now but nothing that has touched the manufacturers info box.

When i choose a manufacturer from the drop down it takes me to the page ok but the URL is structured like this www.mysite.com/?manufacturers_id=4. As i say the code for the manufactuers drop down is standard and is as follows:

<?php
/*
 $Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2010 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

class bm_manufacturers {
   var $code = 'bm_manufacturers';
   var $group = 'boxes';
   var $title;
   var $description;
   var $sort_order;
   var $enabled = false;

function bm_manufacturers() {
     $this->title = MODULE_BOXES_MANUFACTURERS_TITLE;
     $this->description = MODULE_BOXES_MANUFACTURERS_DESCRIPTION;

if ( defined('MODULE_BOXES_MANUFACTURERS_STATUS') ) {
       $this->sort_order = MODULE_BOXES_MANUFACTURERS_SORT_ORDER;
       $this->enabled = (MODULE_BOXES_MANUFACTURERS_STATUS == 'True');

$this->group = ((MODULE_BOXES_MANUFACTURERS_CONTENT_PLACEMENT == 'Left Column') ? 'boxes_column_left' : 'boxes_column_right');
     }
   }

function getData() {
     global $_GET, $oscTemplate;

$data = '';

$manufacturers_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_id, manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " order by manufacturers_name");
     if ($number_of_rows = tep_db_num_rows($manufacturers_query)) {
       if ($number_of_rows <= MAX_DISPLAY_MANUFACTURERS_IN_A_LIST) {
// Display a list
         $manufacturers_list = '<ul style="list-style: none; margin: 0; padding: 0;">';
         while ($manufacturers = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturers_query)) {
           $manufacturers_name = ((strlen($manufacturers['manufacturers_name']) > MAX_DISPLAY_MANUFACTURER_NAME_LEN) ? substr($manufacturers['manufacturers_name'], 0, MAX_DISPLAY_MANUFACTURER_NAME_LEN) . '..' : $manufacturers['manufacturers_name']);
           if (isset($_GET['manufacturers_id']) && ($_GET['manufacturers_id'] == $manufacturers['manufacturers_id'])) $manufacturers_name = '<strong>' . $manufacturers_name .'</strong>';
           $manufacturers_list .= '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'manufacturers_id=' . $manufacturers['manufacturers_id']) . '">' . $manufacturers_name . '</a></li>';
         }

$manufacturers_list .= '</ul>';

$content = $manufacturers_list;
       } else {
// Display a drop-down
         $manufacturers_array = array();
         if (MAX_MANUFACTURERS_LIST < 2) {
           $manufacturers_array[] = array('id' => '', 'text' => PULL_DOWN_DEFAULT);
         }

while ($manufacturers = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturers_query)) {
           $manufacturers_name = ((strlen($manufacturers['manufacturers_name']) > MAX_DISPLAY_MANUFACTURER_NAME_LEN) ? substr($manufacturers['manufacturers_name'], 0, MAX_DISPLAY_MANUFACTURER_NAME_LEN) . '..' : $manufacturers['manufacturers_name']);
           $manufacturers_array[] = array('id' => $manufacturers['manufacturers_id'],
                                          'text' => $manufacturers_name);
         }

$content = tep_draw_form('manufacturers', tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get') .
                    tep_draw_pull_down_menu('manufacturers_id', $manufacturers_array, (isset($_GET['manufacturers_id']) ? $_GET['manufacturers_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit();" size="' . MAX_MANUFACTURERS_LIST . '" style="width: 100%"') . tep_hide_session_id() .
                    '</fieldset></form>';
       }

$data = '<div class="ui-widget infoBoxContainer">' .
                 '  <div class="ui-widget-header infoBoxHeading">' . MODULE_BOXES_MANUFACTURERS_BOX_TITLE . '</div>' .
                 '  <div class="ui-widget-content infoBoxContents">' . $content . '</div>' .
                 '</div>';
     }

return $data;
   }

function execute() {
     global $SID, $oscTemplate;

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {
       $output = tep_cache_manufacturers_box();
     } else {
       $output = $this->getData();
     }

$oscTemplate->addBlock($output, $this->group);
   }

function isEnabled() {
     return $this->enabled;
   }

function check() {
     return defined('MODULE_BOXES_MANUFACTURERS_STATUS');
   }

function install() {
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Enable Manufacturers Module', 'MODULE_BOXES_MANUFACTURERS_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to add the module to your shop?', '6', '1', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Content Placement', 'MODULE_BOXES_MANUFACTURERS_CONTENT_PLACEMENT', 'Left Column', 'Should the module be loaded in the left or right column?', '6', '1', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Left Column\', \'Right Column\'), ', now())");
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_BOXES_MANUFACTURERS_SORT_ORDER', '0', 'Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.', '6', '0', now())");
   }

function remove() {
     tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key in ('" . implode("', '", $this->keys()) . "')");
   }

function keys() {
     return array('MODULE_BOXES_MANUFACTURERS_STATUS', 'MODULE_BOXES_MANUFACTURERS_CONTENT_PLACEMENT', 'MODULE_BOXES_MANUFACTURERS_SORT_ORDER');
   }
 }
?>

Please could you help me fix it so it calls the links correctly as www.mysite.com/manufacturer-m-4.html ?

Edited by annuity

Sorry another thing i just noticed with the manufacturers drop down is when i click "please select" the url goes to www.mysite.com/?manufacturers_id= and a page is displayed. Is there a way to make the "please select" link not a link at all or at least make it redirect to the homepage or something?

Edited by annuity

If it helps to solve the issue Jack i am getting a new error as follows:

Undefined variable: actaulID in includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 2641

Undefined index: path in includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 2593

Edited by annuity

Hi Jack,

As i say i've installed Version 2.2d-11 and everything is working great. The issue i was having with USU5 pro not redirecting -c-26.html is fixed with your version and i installed the validator which has fixed manufacturer links not redirecting.

The only issue i have is with the manufacturers drop down menu. I have searched the thread and seen it mentioned before but didn't see a solution.

My site is oscommerce 2.31 and has a few contributions installed now but nothing that has touched the manufacturers info box.

When i choose a manufacturer from the drop down it takes me to the page ok but the URL is structured like this www.mysite.com/?manufacturers_id=4.

That url is invalid. It is missing index.php. The code is correct so my guess is that you have changed the FILENAME_DEFAULT definition. If you turn this contribution off and the url is displayed as you show it, then the problem is in your shops code, not the contribuitons code.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

Hope all is well...

I am using Ultimate SEO URLs for my oscommerce site. Now the category page URL look likes http://mysite.com/toys-c67a89.html. Now I want this URL will be http://mysite.com/child-toys.html. Now main category showing like parent_category_name-c1.html and sub categories showing like parent_category_name-c1a10.html and sub sub category shows like parent_category_name-c1a10a103.html....I want only the category and sub category names to be changed.

Instead of parent-c1a10.html, I want the category url will be only the category name => children-plastictoys.html and children-games-toys.html. If it is not possible without id, I just want http://mysite.com/children-plastictoys-c1a10a103.html and http://mysite.com/children-gamestoys-c1a10a103.html

My .htaccess shows like this

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c([0-9a]+).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Anyone please help on this...urgent..........

Thanks and Regards,

Kalaivanan Muthusamy

Hi Jack,

Can you help on this....

Thanks

Regards,

Kalaivanan Muthusamy.

That url is invalid. It is missing index.php. The code is correct so my guess is that you have changed the FILENAME_DEFAULT definition. If you turn this contribution off and the url is displayed as you show it, then the problem is in your shops code, not the contribuitons code.

Hi Jack,

Many thanks for getting back to me. As far as i'm aware everything is as standard with regards FILENAME_DEFAULT. I have checked filenames.php and FILENAME_DEFAULT is defined as

define('FILENAME_DEFAULT', 'index.php');

. I have looked at "view source" on my site and the html for the manufacturers drop down is showing as the following:

<div class="ui-widget infoBoxContainer">  <div class="ui-widget-header infoBoxHeading">Manufacturers</div>  <div class="ui-widget-content infoBoxContents"><form id="manufacturers" action="http://www.amysite.com/index.php" method="get"><fieldset><select name="manufacturers_id" onchange="this.form.submit();" size="1" style="width: 100%"><option value="" selected="selected">Please Select</option><option value="6">Canon</option><option value="4">Fox</option><option value="8">GT Interactive</option><option value="9">Hewlett Packard</option><option value="5">Logitech</option><option value="1">Matrox</option><option value="2">Microsoft</option><option value="10">Samsung</option><option value="7">Sierra</option><option value="3">Warner</option></select></fieldset></form></div></div>

The URL in the "action" part shows action="http://www.mysite.com/index.php" so it seems the index.php bit isn't being passed through when you actually click on a link. Is that the problem? I didn't have a problem with this drop down when USU5 was installed so i will have a look at the code for it and see if i can spot something that might help. Do we need to change this bit

select name="manufacturers_id"

to something like

select name="index.php/manufacturers_id"

?

Also do you have a solution for the "please select" link to not be a link or to direct to the homepage when clicked?

Many thanks for getting back to me. As far as i'm aware everything is as standard with regards FILENAME_DEFAULT. I have checked filenames.php and FILENAME_DEFAULT is defined as

define('FILENAME_DEFAULT', 'index.php');

. I have looked at "view source" on my site and the html for the manufacturers drop down is showing as the following:

I tested it here and it worked as expected so it has to be something in your shop. You could try using the original manufacturers box from the 2.3 package to see if it works with it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I tested it here and it worked as expected so it has to be something in your shop. You could try using the original manufacturers box from the 2.3 package to see if it works with it.

It's a weird one and i'm also concerned that www.mysite.com/?manufacturers_id=4 returns the correct manufacturers page and doesn't redirect to the correct seo url or cause a 404. I've uninstalled everything and re-installed USU5 to test and the manufacturers box works fine. So i don't understand why it's not working with your version. I also noticed with USU5 that www.mysite.com/?manufacturers_id=4 redirects to the correct seo url but the problem i have with that contribution is -c-1.html, -m-1.html and -p-1.html don't redirect and just 404 but your version redirects them correctly to category-name-c-1.html, manufacturer-name-m-1.html and product-name-p-1.html. I need a mix of both contributions it seems! Damn you computer gods!

Edited by annuity

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all :

could anyone do me a favor ? unfortunately i have some problem !

i use V2.X oscommerce and i setup the module correctly but the below warning shown when i done all .

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

it is shown in my browser .

when i removed added code in .htaccess this warning removed and the module seen in admin part correctly and also my home page load successfully

but when i click a product it go to its page but it did not load susseccfully !

the address of the product page is http://mydomain.com/eshop/--790--p-86.html

my oscommerce is not in the main root and as you understand now it is in eshop folder .

my home page website is http://mydomain.com/eshop/index.php

i dont know which part of .htaccess code according my root file http://mydomain.com/eshop/index.php shpould be changed .

# Begin Ultimate SEO V2.2d

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

# RewriteBase instructions

# Change RewriteBase dependent on how your shop is accessed as below.

# http://www.mysite.com = RewriteBase /

# http://www.mysite.com/catalog/ = RewriteBase /catalog/

# http://www.mysite.com/catalog/shop/ = RewriteBase /catalog/shop/

# Change the following line using the instructions above

RewriteBase /YOU HAVE TO CHANGE ME/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# End Ultimate SEO V2.2d

again sorry to disturbed you experts , hope someone help me step by step

thank you

Edited by zinor

Hi Jack,

As you know I love installing your mods. I have Header Tags SEO, Googlesitemaps SEO, SEO URLS,Google/Froogle Feeder and Ultimate seos 2.2d installed onmy tool site.

I am having issues with Google in Merchant center and webmaster central with the sitemaps. First it was the date/time format but I went through the code and replaced all the YY-mm-dd with YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss.

They seem to be picking up the 301 redirects and call them errors. I also am not sure if I have configured the above mentioned mods correctly as my category pages read as http://www.protoolzonline.com/flashlights-c-54.html?osCsid=c36f6f2ed0a9d568fd677a050709f124.

My product info pages read as http://www.protoolzonline.com/tools-supplies-system-diagnostic-tools-smart-gauge-system-performance-analyzer-p-114.html?cPath=52_3003&osCsid=c36f6f2ed0a9d568fd677a050709f124.

These are examples from specific categories and products the code is not the same on each.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Google is only listing 1 of my 5000 products in my sitemap. It won't accept sitemapcategories.xml,sitemapmanufacturers.xml and the others.

Hi Jack,

As you know I love installing your mods. I have Header Tags SEO, Googlesitemaps SEO, SEO URLS,Google/Froogle Feeder and Ultimate seos 2.2d installed onmy tool site.

I am having issues with Google in Merchant center and webmaster central with the sitemaps. First it was the date/time format but I went through the code and replaced all the YY-mm-dd with YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss.

They seem to be picking up the 301 redirects and call them errors. I also am not sure if I have configured the above mentioned mods correctly as my category pages read as http://www.protoolzonline.com/flashlights-c-54.html?osCsid=c36f6f2ed0a9d568fd677a050709f124.

My product info pages read as http://www.protoolzonline.com/tools-supplies-system-diagnostic-tools-smart-gauge-system-performance-analyzer-p-114.html?cPath=52_3003&osCsid=c36f6f2ed0a9d568fd677a050709f124.

These are examples from specific categories and products the code is not the same on each.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Google is only listing 1 of my 5000 products in my sitemap. It won't accept sitemapcategories.xml,sitemapmanufacturers.xml and the others.

I'm always happy to hear my contributions are useful. :)

The reason google is complaining is because your sitemap files don't have rewritten urls in them. Take a look at http://www.protoolzonline.com/sitemapcategories.xml and you will see they are being written in standard format. You may want to try creating the sitemaps again. Perhaps you had this contribution turned off or not installed when you ran the sitemap script. That script should be setup on a cron job, which would correct such an oversight. If you do have a cron job setup, then you should verify it is working correctly.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Can you help on this....

Thanks

As Jack_mcs stated you can't do that with this contribution as it is currently. However I am currently working on a more modern update to this contribution. That will display a more standardized url formatting like mysite.com/tools/20oz-hammer/ for example. The initial release will be soon I hope, if all goes well. But, this will only be a beta version for testing and updating and such.