• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Help my files are in polish, but i did not install the polish version of the contribution what the hell ...

is there a way i can translate them to English or something?? Can someone help me out with this one ??

28hog85.jpg

thanks.

I hate eggs !!!

Help my files are in polish, but i did not install the polish version of the contribution what the hell ...

is there a way i can translate them to English or something?? Can someone help me out with this one ??

There's really no other way for that to happen, short of your site being in Polish. My guess is that you installed the Polish one at some point and didn't realize it. You could try downloading my last version and replacing your seo.class.php file with that one.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

This contribution works fine with those items in a standard shop so it would appear something has been changed in yours. I've no way to troubleshoot that from here though. All I can suggest is that you replace the manufacturers box with a standard one and see if it works. If it does, then you can compare the two to find the problem. I suppose you should also make sure the redirect code for manufacturers is in the .htaccess file, though it would almost have to be since the other parts are working.

I actually tested the contribution on 2 other installs, one that was identical to my site, and also a fresh install of v.2.3.1, and i honestly never realized the problem until i installed it on my main site... went back to the other 2 sites, and same problem. That's what confuses me a little here...

There's really no other way for that to happen, short of your site being in Polish. My guess is that you installed the Polish one at some point and didn't realize it. You could try downloading my last version and replacing your seo.class.php file with that one.

And i did download the latest version, but the settings remain in polish ??? Any ideas?

The site is not in polish,it's in English :) !!!

I hate eggs !!!

... remain in polish ??? Any ideas?

the idea is: you should have been more careful. the lastest released was on 15 Jan 2011, and the next latest released was called Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-10 Polish Language Pack that says it has been translated fully into polish. so if you downloaded that one then you are asking for it and then come here to complain...

ken

ps, mentioning the versions does not mean i approve or disapprove them. you make your judgement.

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

the idea is: you should have been more careful. the lastest released was on 15 Jan 2011, and the next latest released was called Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-10 Polish Language Pack that says it has been translated fully into polish. so if you downloaded that one then you are asking for it and then come here to complain...

ken

ps, mentioning the versions does not mean i approve or disapprove them. you make your judgement.

If you call that complaining you seriously don't understand the definition or "complaints", i just simply asked why is it happening and how it can be changed without having to uninstall the script and set it up from scratch.

I DID NOT download the Polish version, (Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-11 15 Jan 2011) all the files and text definitions are in English. No Sign of Polish Language anywhere in the files. !!!!

I hate eggs !!!

i may not seriously understand your definition of 'complaining' but i certainly seriously know very well about osc, and would not come here to ask such a silly question (in fact never ask any question or help on the osc forums).

i simply suggested you may have downloaded the wrong version, or the verstion you downloaded had been 'contaminated'. if neither is the case then only you yourself know what happen to your installation.

giving out free time to answer questions is a thankless business, which is partly the reason why i no longer come here often.

ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

i may not seriously understand your definition of 'complaining' but i certainly seriously know very well about osc, and would not come here to ask such a silly question (in fact never ask any question or help on the osc forums).

i simply suggested you may have downloaded the wrong version, or the verstion you downloaded had been 'contaminated'. if neither is the case then only you yourself know what happen to your installation.

giving out free time to answer questions is a thankless business, which is partly the reason why i no longer come here often.

ken

Its a contribution, and perhaps its a minor detail with the release hence why one has to ask.

Not everyone is as familiar with osCommerce as you seem to be. And yet you go through the forums posting useless replies.

If answering a question requires so much effort, that one considers it a waste of free time, Simply don't answer !!! Let others who are willing and do not have an attitude problems post replies !!!

I hate eggs !!!

And i did download the latest version, but the settings remain in polish ??? Any ideas?

The site is not in polish,it's in English :) !!!

The only way for the settings to be in Polish is if you had that vesion installed at some point, at least that I can think of. If you have the non-Polish version installed now, the database may not reset if the code sees the options as identical. I never tested the Polish version so I can't say if that would happen. I suggest downloading an older version, say V2.2d-5 and uploading the seo.class.php file, refreshing your home page to initialize it and then replace that file with the latest one and do the same. That should force a database reset. Or, you could just delete all of the database entries for it, though that seems like more work to me.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The only way for the settings to be in Polish is if you had that vesion installed at some point, at least that I can think of. If you have the non-Polish version installed now, the database may not reset if the code sees the options as identical. I never tested the Polish version so I can't say if that would happen. I suggest downloading an older version, say V2.2d-5 and uploading the seo.class.php file, refreshing your home page to initialize it and then replace that file with the latest one and do the same. That should force a database reset. Or, you could just delete all of the database entries for it, though that seems like more work to me.

In fact i think there was an older version installed but hasn't been removed properly i'll ask the previous developer of the site if that's the case.

Thank you very much !!!

I hate eggs !!!

hi, when i click on a link to a product that is not availible in admin (marked red in categories) i get a "The page is not redirecting properly message" my girlfriends site is working if i click on a link to an product out of stock but not mine..

Any body have a clue?? can i see in some way where it redirects?

Thanks in advance.

hi, when i click on a link to a product that is not availible in admin (marked red in categories) i get a "The page is not redirecting properly message" my girlfriends site is working if i click on a link to an product out of stock but not mine..

Any body have a clue?? can i see in some way where it redirects?

Thanks in advance.

Per the instructions, you've probably made a mistake in the path in the .htaccess file. You'll need to post the version you are using, your .htaccess file and the url to your shgp if you want that checked.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Hello Bobby,

all going good at my store from this excellent plugin. but i have installed oscommerce bundled plugin "http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2015".

Now its not updating cart with all the bundled products. it just add only the main item at which the bundle offer is offering. :(

for example:

http://www.shoppingtingle.com/old/matrix-p-6.html?osCsid=kokc6ijq5pm952derag19m3kr0

and one more thing can we hide this "osCsid" thing??

Best Regards

Paula

Per the instructions, you've probably made a mistake in the path in the .htaccess file. You'll need to post the version you are using, your .htaccess file and the url to your shgp if you want that checked.

well i hope i didnt do any mistake because the installation is pretty easy :)

The seo urls is working, but if one clicks a link to a product that isnt active i get the loop, i should get the text "product not found" this link is an example with a product that is marked out of stock www.sportstolen.se/batterier-24st-p-545.html

The version im using is Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-9 by jack_mcs :)

Here is my url www.sportstolen(.)se

here is my htaccess

can i delete some rewrite if i dont use contribs like article manager and so on?

Thanks for the help!

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

all going good at my store from this excellent plugin. but i have installed oscommerce bundled plugin "http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2015".

Now its not updating cart with all the bundled products. it just add only the main item at which the bundle offer is offering. :(

for example:

http://www.shoppingtingle.com/old/matrix-p-6.html?osCsid=kokc6ijq5pm952derag19m3kr0

and one more thing can we hide this "osCsid" thing??

I can't understand what you are asking but I seem to recall previous posts regarding the bundle contribution. My guess is that it uses arguments in the url that are not understood by this contribution. If that is the case, then the code of this contribution would have to be altered to work with it. Unfortunately, that is not a simple change so it isn't something that will be posted here.

You are seeing the session ID (osCsid) because your configure file is not setup correctly. There are many posts on that in this thread on how to fix that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

ThankYou Jack for your time.

Now I try to work on this :'(

Can you guid me atleast how should i fix this please!

It's not a matter of fixing it since the code isn't broken. There just any code in this contribution for that contribution. I suggest you ask in the support thread for that contribution first to see if anyone else has made the change. If not, then edit the seo.class.php file of this one and copy/edit all of the parts of the code that have to do with some other contribution, like Links Manager. Be warned, it is not a simple change. Also, I'm only assuming this is the problem since I don't have a shop setup with bundled products to test it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I am glad I found this thread and that it is recent, ha!

So, I went through all of the install steps and think my htaccess file is incorrect. my website is www.fairworldpartners, with the main catalog at www.fairworldpartners.com/fairtrade/store/...Any suggestions are appreciated! here is the htaccess data I have currently running

# Begin Ultimate SEO V2.2d

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

# RewriteBase instructions

# Change RewriteBase dependent on how your shop is accessed as below.

# http://www.fairworldpartners.com = RewriteBase /

# http://www.fairworldpartners.com/fairtrade/ = RewriteBase /fairtrade/

# http://www.fairworldpartners.com/fairtrade/store/ = RewriteBase /fairtrade/store/

# Change the following line using the instructions above

RewriteBase/home/fairw4/public_html/fairtrade/store/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# End Ultimate SEO V2.2d

I am glad I found this thread and that it is recent, ha!

So, I went through all of the install steps and think my htaccess file is incorrect. my website is www.fairworldpartners, with the main catalog at www.fairworldpartners.com/fairtrade/store/...Any suggestions are appreciated! here is the htaccess data I have currently running

# Begin Ultimate SEO V2.2d

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

# RewriteBase instructions

# Change RewriteBase dependent on how your shop is accessed as below.

# http://www.fairworldpartners.com = RewriteBase /

# http://www.fairworldpartners.com/fairtrade/ = RewriteBase /fairtrade/

# http://www.fairworldpartners.com/fairtrade/store/ = RewriteBase /fairtrade/store/

# Change the following line using the instructions above

RewriteBase/home/fairw4/public_html/fairtrade/store/

# End Ultimate SEO V2.2d

When i activate SEO 2.2 d11 all is working but when i click on a product it

gave me a Invalid query:

With SEO not activate the site works perfect.

Who can help me.

Thanx

My site: www.carvolume.nl

give an url example of this Invalid query. wich version of oscommerce u are using?

Edited by aliali

example: http://carvolume.nl/...model-p-49.html

Invalid query:

oscommerce v2.2 RC2

thanx

PS: the categories ae working oke with SEO enabled.

I just tested this, just in case you may be wondering who was trying to hack your site with ..

http://www.carvolume.nl/fwr_media_testing_seo_urls-p-49.html :)

The script exits with Invalid query: immediately after ..

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html dir="LTR" lang="en">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

This suggests to me a header tags issue. Are you using a header tags contribution?