• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Arthur,

You will need to uninstall it from the database and then reinstall the English SQL. Also, you will need to upload the english files to the language directory.

Chris

Just have a question - I would like to know how does this contribution remembers the old urls and redirects them to the new one?

Is there a cache, a file or database table where it keep the old urls and does a transalation?

I have renamed some old products but I can still access the new products by using the old url.

It doesn't remember them. They are converted each time they are encountered, unless the cache option is used. If by still be able to access it, you mean the old url gets converted tothe new one, that is fine. But if you mean there are two urls that both work, then you are most likely using an old version of the contribution and should upgrade to V 2.2d.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

But if you mean there are two urls that both work, then you are most likely using an old version of the contribution and should upgrade to V 2.2d.

Thanks Jack the above is exactly my situation. I'll upgrade to the newer version.

I am still not a 100% clear though.

Example: I had a product name "product_name_teddy" which I changed and call it now "product_name_bear" and as a result, my old url www.mysite.com/product_name_teddy changed to wwww.mysite.com/product_name_bear.

Both the URLs now work and I was wondering how does it still know about the old url

Thanks Jack the above is exactly my situation. I'll upgrade to the newer version.

I am still not a 100% clear though.

Example: I had a product name "product_name_teddy" which I changed and call it now "product_name_bear" and as a result, my old url www.mysite.com/product_name_teddy changed to wwww.mysite.com/product_name_bear.

Both the URLs now work and I was wondering how does it still know about the old url

It doesn't. It goes by the product ID. If different text is entered for a url, it looks up the correct name for the given product ID and uses it. It will also issue a 301 for the old url so that it gets changed by the search engines, assuming they have it listed.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

It doesn't. It goes by the product ID. If different text is entered for a url, it looks up the correct name for the given product ID and uses it. It will also issue a 301 for the old url so that it gets changed by the search engines, assuming they have it listed.

That's the puzzling part as I have deleted the product and re-created it. The products_id column in the products table is an auto-increment field and therefore the product is created with a new products_id.

The old url still resolves to the newly created product, which I find a bit strange.

Anyways I'll upgrade and see ho wit all goes.

Thanks for your help Jack.

Regards

Sam

Hi everybody

After installing Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_10_PL on oscommerce v2.2 RC2a only categories are working well if I change language or

currencies on product page browser display message:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

*This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

My setting are default in addition:

Enter special character conversions ą=>a, ę=>e,ć=>c,ł=>l,ń=>n,ó=>o,ś=>s,ż=>z,ź=>z

Filter Short Words 0

If option (Enable automatic redirects? true) is false all is ok

If option (Add cPath to product URLs? false) is true all is ok

Hosting: home.pl

My htaccess:

# Begin Ultimate SEO V2.2d

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

# RewriteBase instructions

# Change RewriteBase dependent on how your shop is accessed as below.

# http://www.mysite.com = RewriteBase /

# http://www.mysite.com/catalog/ = RewriteBase /catalog/

# http://www.mysite.com/catalog/shop/ = RewriteBase /catalog/shop/

# Change the following line using the instructions above

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# End Ultimate SEO V2.2d

Edited by Radi

Hi everybody

After installing Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_10_PL on oscommerce v2.2 RC2a only categories are working well if I change language or

currencies on product page browser display message:

The person that uploaded that version doesn't support it so you are pretty much on your own. In general though, posting the htaccess file without a url doesn't do any good.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

this contribution works just fine in our shop, but is it somehow possible to set this so instead of this for example /beer-c-3.html would be only /beer (so -c-3.html will not be shown) ?

No, it's not.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

in get_category_name() function of the seo.class.php there is this line:

case ($this->attributes['USE_SEO_CACHE_GLOBAL'] == 'true' && defined('CATEGORY_NAME_' . $full_cPath)):

Can anyone tell me where/when is defined "CATEGORY_NAME_*" ?

in get_category_name() function of the seo.class.php there is this line:

case ($this->attributes['USE_SEO_CACHE_GLOBAL'] == 'true' && defined('CATEGORY_NAME_' . $full_cPath)):

Can anyone tell me where/when is defined "CATEGORY_NAME_*" ?

In the same file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you for your answer.

Do you know if there is some other method or way to make OSCs URLs to work that way ? (/beer (so -c-3.html will not be shown) ?)

There are quite a few other url rewriters available. One of those may work, though the results aren't as good as this one, in my opinion. But if the apperance bothers you that much, that's your only choice.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Bobby

I have installed your contribution, it seems good but my inner pages are not working :(

my site is http://www.shoppingtingle.com.

this is my httaccess file

# Begin Ultimate SEO V2.2d

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

# RewriteBase instructions

# Change RewriteBase dependent on how your shop is accessed as below.

# http://www.mysite.com = RewriteBase /

# http://www.mysite.com/catalog/ = RewriteBase /catalog/

# http://www.mysite.com/catalog/shop/ = RewriteBase /catalog/shop/

# Change the following line using the instructions above

RewriteBase /http://www.shoppingtingle.com/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&

%{QUERY_STRING}

# End Ultimate SEO V2.2d

Thank you

I have installed your contribution, it seems good but my inner pages are not working :(

this is my httaccess file

RewriteBase /http://www.shoppingtingle.com/

Thank you for posting the required information. The above line should be

RewriteBase /

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There are quite a few other url rewriters available. One of those may work, though the results aren't as good as this one, in my opinion. But if the apperance bothers you that much, that's your only choice.

Ok, Thank you.