• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Jack_mcs, it worked!

I think God sent u in this planet to put us out of our misery, thanx a lot! :-)

PS

In your opinion should i put the other directories included in /includes/configure.php also between slashes?

(i mean 'images/' or '/images/' for example)

On the frontpage the new monthly products are listed.

When my visitors push the Buy Now button on them they receive a 404-page telling them the URL can't be found.

This may help but there are other fixes around. Using google to search the forums should turn up something if that doesn't do it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack_mcs, it worked!

I think God sent u in this planet to put us out of our misery, thanx a lot! :-)

PS

In your opinion should i put the other directories included in /includes/configure.php also between slashes?

(i mean 'images/' or '/images/' for example)

You're welcome. :) The others are correct.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

This may help but there are other fixes around. Using google to search the forums should turn up something if that doesn't do it.

I tried the possible solutions stated in your link.

But neither one of them won't work.

Perhaps someone knows how this can be solved ? Really don't want to uninstall the addon. Works great for the rest :)

It has to be there or the code wouldn't work correctly. It might be that it is a little different, but it is there. Try searching for $action by itself. If you still can't find it, post the first 40 lines of that file here and I'll take a look at it.

I've searched and found no $action :( (there is just $action_ref)

1-st 40 lines from admin/categories.php:

$short_description_enabled = false;
 require('includes/application_top.php');
 require('includes/functions/phpthumbs.php');

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');
 $currencies = new currencies();

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) {

switch ($_GET['action']) {

case 'setcategoryflag':
       if ( ($_GET['flag'] == '0') || ($_GET['flag'] == '1') ) {
         if ($_GET['cPath']) {
           tep_set_category_products_status($_GET['cPath'], $_GET['flag']);
         }
       }
       tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $_GET['cPath']  . '&page=' . $_GET['page']));

break;

case 'setflag':
         if ($_GET['pID']) {
           tep_set_product_status($_GET['pID'], $_GET['flag']);
         }
       }
       tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $_GET['cPath']  . '&page=' . $_GET['page']));
       break;

case 'insert_category':
     case 'update_category':
       $categories_id = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['categories_id']);
       $sort_order = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['sort_order']);
       $lf1 = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['lf1']);
       $lf2 = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['lf2']);
       $lf3 = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['lf3']);
       $sql_data_array = array('sort_order' => $sort_order, 'lf1' => $lf1, 'lf2' => $lf2, 'lf3' => $lf3);

I've searched and found no $action :( (there is just $action_ref)

1-st 40 lines from admin/categories.php:

That can't possibly work since all php files start with <?php.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That can't possibly work since all php files start with <?php.

:)

Sorry I just didn't copy the starting tag...

The script begines with "<?php"

the code again:

<?php

$short_description_enabled = false;
 require('includes/application_top.php');
 require('includes/functions/phpthumbs.php');

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');
 $currencies = new currencies();

switch ($_GET['action']) {

case 'setcategoryflag':
         if ($_GET['cPath']) {
           tep_set_category_products_status($_GET['cPath'], $_GET['flag']);
         }
       }

break;

case 'setflag':
         if ($_GET['pID']) {
           tep_set_product_status($_GET['pID'], $_GET['flag']);
         }
       }
       break;

case 'insert_category':
     case 'update_category':
       $categories_id = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['categories_id']);
       $sort_order = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['sort_order']);
       $lf1 = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['lf1']);
       $lf2 = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['lf2']);
       $lf3 = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['lf3']);
       $sql_data_array = array('sort_order' => $sort_order, 'lf1' => $lf1, 'lf2' => $lf2, 'lf3' => $lf3);

:)

Add the following after the above.

// Ultimate SEO URLs v2.2d
// If the action will affect the cache entries
  if ( preg_match("/(insert|update|setflag)/i", $action) ) include_once('includes/reset_seo_cache.php');

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello, Sorry for my English.

I have a problem with the form Ultimate SEO Url.

I would like to replace the dashes with slashes in the url.

in practice the url now are as follows:

www.mysite.com/arredo-ufficio-dirigenziale-c-17_124.html

I would like to get something like that

www.mysite.com/arredo/ufficio/dirigenziale-c-17_124.html

How it works?

I tried to change the class SEO_CLASS but the only result that I managed to get is the following:

www.mysite.com/arredoufficiodirigenziale-c-17_124.html

Please Help Me!!

I have a problem with the form Ultimate SEO Url.

I would like to replace the dashes with slashes in the url.

You can't do that with this contribution, although I think someone posted a code change for it in this thread and said it worked. If you want that format, which I don't recommend, you can use the SEO URL 5 contribution since it uses that format.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Add the following after the above.

// Ultimate SEO URLs v2.2d
// If the action will affect the cache entries
  if ( preg_match("/(insert|update|setflag)/i", $action) ) include_once('includes/reset_seo_cache.php');

I added this code as you said and followed the steps for installation but there is no change :(

The URLs remained the same and there is no Error, 404 , not a single change.

To mention that I test this locally (localhost) on Linux and the catalog is in localhost/eden/,I changed the RewriteBase to /eden/

When I try to access admin control panel I get a blank page.

The apache error log:

[Tue Nov 09 15:15:25 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Deprecated:  Function session_is_registered() is deprecated in /var/www/eden/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on lin$
[Tue Nov 09 15:15:25 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Deprecated:  Function session_is_registered() is deprecated in /var/www/eden/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on lin$
[Tue Nov 09 15:15:25 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Deprecated:  Function session_register() is deprecated in /var/www/eden/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 61
[Tue Nov 09 15:15:25 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Deprecated:  Function session_register() is deprecated in /var/www/eden/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 61
[Tue Nov 09 15:15:25 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Deprecated:  Function eregi() is deprecated in /var/www/eden/admin/includes/classes/language.php on line 78
[Tue Nov 09 15:15:25 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Deprecated:  Function eregi() is deprecated in /var/www/eden/admin/includes/classes/language.php on line 78
[Tue Nov 09 15:15:25 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning:  include(/var/www/eden/admin/includes/languages/english): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /v$
[Tue Nov 09 15:15:25 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/shar$
[Tue Nov 09 15:15:25 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning:  include_once(includes/classes/seo.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/eden$
[Tue Nov 09 15:15:25 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning:  include_once(): Failed opening 'includes/classes/seo.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/$
[Tue Nov 09 15:15:25 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'SEO_URL' not found in /var/www/eden/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 157
[Tue Nov 09 15:15:28 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Deprecated:  Function session_is_registered() is deprecated in /var/www/eden/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on lin$
[Tue Nov 09 15:15:28 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Deprecated:  Function session_is_registered() is deprecated in /var/www/eden/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on lin$
[Tue Nov 09 15:15:28 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Deprecated:  Function session_register() is deprecated in /var/www/eden/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 61
[Tue Nov 09 15:15:28 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Deprecated:  Function session_register() is deprecated in /var/www/eden/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 61
[Tue Nov 09 15:15:28 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Deprecated:  Function eregi() is deprecated in /var/www/eden/admin/includes/classes/language.php on line 78
[Tue Nov 09 15:15:28 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Deprecated:  Function eregi() is deprecated in /var/www/eden/admin/includes/classes/language.php on line 78

it's a mess... :(

I added this code as you said and followed the steps for installation but there is no change :(

The URLs remained the same and there is no Error, 404 , not a single change.

To mention that I test this locally (localhost) on Linux and the catalog is in localhost/eden/,I changed the RewriteBase to /eden/

When I try to access admin control panel I get a blank page.

The apache error log:

[Tue Nov 09 15:15:25 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Deprecated: Function session_is_registered() is deprecated in /var/www/eden/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on lin$

[Tue Nov 09 15:15:25 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Deprecated: Function session_is_registered() is deprecated in /var/www/eden/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on lin$

[Tue Nov 09 15:15:25 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Deprecated: Function session_register() is deprecated in /var/www/eden/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 61

[Tue Nov 09 15:15:25 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Deprecated: Function session_register() is deprecated in /var/www/eden/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 61

[Tue Nov 09 15:15:25 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /var/www/eden/admin/includes/classes/language.php on line 78

it's a mess... :(

The change to admin,whether correct or not, won't affect how the contribution works on the shop side. The above errors don't have anything to do with this contribution, at least not my version. They indicate your shop is not setup for php version 5.3. Search the forums for how to fix that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and to OsCommerce and i badly need assistance from all you experts out there.

I tried to install this addon. Followed the instructions to the T but my store won't load at all after that. I can't even access my store admin dashboard now...

I got an Apache server error before that. Error 500. Then what I did was re-upload all the 4 php files (original backup copies) that were told to be modified back to where it belong but my site still won't load up.

Any idea what went wrong?

I suspect it might be due to the .htacess that I upload initially & if i could get this right, if my store is not stored in any subdirectory...www.abc.com, would this be the correct .htacess file?

# Begin Ultimate SEO V2.2d

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

# RewriteBase instructions

# Change RewriteBase dependent on how your shop is accessed as below.

# http://www.abc.com = RewriteBase /

# http://www.abc.com/catalog/ = RewriteBase /catalog/

# http://www.abc.com/catalog/shop/ = RewriteBase /catalog/shop/

# Change the following line using the instructions above

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# End Ultimate SEO V2.2d

Edited by zigzagler

I'm new to this forum and to OsCommerce and i badly need assistance from all you experts out there.

I tried to install this addon. Followed the instructions to the T but my store won't load at all after that. I can't even access my store admin dashboard now...

I got an Apache server error before that. Error 500. Then what I did was re-upload all the 4 php files (original backup copies) that were told to be modified back to where it belong but my site still won't load up.

Any idea what went wrong?

If that is the actual .htaccess file and your shop is not in the root (a lot post like that and it turns out not to be the case), then it is fine. Assuming your server meets the requirements to use the contribution, it would have to be an installation problem. You should back everything out and get your shop working again. Then try it again. Only the shop side changes are needed to do a test so that will save you a little time.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If that is the actual .htaccess file and your shop is not in the root (a lot post like that and it turns out not to be the case), then it is fine. Assuming your server meets the requirements to use the contribution, it would have to be an installation problem. You should back everything out and get your shop working again. Then try it again. Only the shop side changes are needed to do a test so that will save you a little time.

Thanks Jack.

My shop is in the root. Does that mean that I got the .htacess wrong then?

Unfortunately I didn't backup my whole site + database before I did this.

All I did was a backup of all the 4 files that I edited, does that mean that I'm screwed???

Does this addon change everything in my database???

Is there any way to save this???? Can I just send you a private message with my server Apache error log?

Edited by zigzagler

My shop is in the root. Does that mean that I got the .htacess wrong then?

Your .htaccess file look correct, if you are correct in how your shop is setup and there are not any other entries in that file.

Unfortunately I didn't backup my whole site + database before I did this.

All I did was a backup of all the 4 files that I edited, does that mean that I'm screwed???

You can just replace the files you edited and delete the .htacess file to get back to where you were.

Does this addon change everything in my database???

It does when it runs but it sounds like that never happened. But even if it did, the changes are only for this contribution so they won't do any harm.

Is there any way to save this???? Can I just send you a private message with my server Apache error log?

No. I only offer free support on the forums.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

I have this installed and all has been working great. Then I inadvertently managed to change the setting to ignore words of less x characters which changed the url structure. By the time I realised this I had been crawled and I now have duplicate URLS - some with three letter words and some without.

Can anyone advise on the best way to get rid of these? (Thought I would seek expert advice before mucking something else up!)

Many thanks

Hello Jack,

I will need your help here. I've installed the Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1, but I got an error 404 when click on categories or products.

Let me explain. I've created a web site (www.boardhouse.fr) and want to create a new one, but I don't want to start all over again, so I copied the online web site to my hard disk and try to do the new site on local for testing purpose. I have also imported the database and just empty all orders but keeping some of the categories and products. Do I need to empty something in the database???

The URL looks correct like this : http://127.0.0.1/catalog/waveboard-c-1.html

But I have error 404 on all the categories and products.

Here is my .htaccess :

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Anything wrong with .htaccess ? hope you can help here.

Thanks & Regards

Hi

I have this installed and all has been working great. Then I inadvertently managed to change the setting to ignore words of less x characters which changed the url structure. By the time I realised this I had been crawled and I now have duplicate URLS - some with three letter words and some without.

Can anyone advise on the best way to get rid of these? (Thought I would seek expert advice before mucking something else up!)

Many thanks

The versions that I support .. namely ..

Ultimate Seo Urls 2.1d STABLE FINAL r172 ( PHP 4 )

and

Ultimate SEO Urls 5 ( PHP 5 )

All correctly 301 redirect old uris to the new. Last time I looked other versions did not.

Edited by FWR Media

Hello Jack,

I will need your help here. I've installed the Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1, but I got an error 404 when click on categories or products.

I'm sorry but I only support V 2.2d.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

Let me explain. I've created a web site (www.boardhouse.fr) and want to create a new one, but I don't want to start all over again, so I copied the online web site to my hard disk and try to do the new site on local for testing purpose. I have also imported the database and just empty all orders but keeping some of the categories and products. Do I need to empty something in the database???

The URL looks correct like this : http://127.0.0.1/cat...eboard-c-1.html

But I have error 404 on all the categories and products.

Here is my .htaccess :

Anything wrong with .htaccess ? hope you can help here.

Thanks & Regards

Whether it is Chemos original .. my update or Jacks additions there are generally only a few causes for this ..

1) Usually RewriteBase is set incorrectly ( yours is fine )

2) mod_rewrite is not compiled in apache

3) AllowOverride is not set to ALL in httpd.conf ( meaning that .htaccess rules are having no effext )

The versions that I support .. namely ..

Ultimate Seo Urls 2.1d STABLE FINAL r172 ( PHP 4 )

and

Ultimate SEO Urls 5 ( PHP 5 )

All correctly 301 redirect old uris to the new. Last time I looked other versions did not.

Thank you for your reply. I have checked and it is version 2.7 so obviously needs to be upgraded. Please forgive my ignorance as I am new to all this - but to upgrade from 2.7 to 2.1d - do i just follow the 2.1d instructions or would i need to uninstall stuff first?

Thank you for your reply. I have checked and it is version 2.7 so obviously needs to be upgraded. Please forgive my ignorance as I am new to all this - but to upgrade from 2.7 to 2.1d - do i just follow the 2.1d instructions or would i need to uninstall stuff first?

There are very few install instructions for this simple contribution and essentially it is the same as the original install wise.

You don't need to "uninstall" stuff you just need to follow the instructions and where the ultimate_seo_urls code already exists simple replace it with the new version.

Once it is all installed upload to your root directory the file located in the package extras/Remove Database entries/usu2_removal.php

Browse to www.mysite.com/[some possible directory]/usu2_removal.php which will remove the database entries ( remove after use )

Then browse to the front of your site and it will load itself.

I recommend the use of USU5 however if your server runs PHP 5.2+ ( which it should be ). USU5 has complete upgrade instructions .. see my sig for a link.

Edited by FWR Media

First of all, Great contrib!

Its easy to edit, and easy to use.

however, i have a problem... I cant add products to the shopping cart!

been searching the web for the past 2 hours for a solution with no luck..

read something about the php.ini file to look for arg_separator.output and input, and both are set to "&".

im all out of ideas, i tried everything i came up with.

if "use SEO urls" is set to off everything works just fine..

someone please help me! :)

cheers

The change to admin,whether correct or not, won't affect how the contribution works on the shop side. The above errors don't have anything to do with this contribution, at least not my version. They indicate your shop is not setup for php version 5.3. Search the forums for how to fix that.

hi again,

I fixed the problems that I had and now all is running as it should except that the URLs remained the same (localhost/eden/results.php?cPath=69&cID=69&osCsid=detluvmpa0o0ut2fa3mtchfov3)... :(

I changed the RewriteBase to \eden\ in .htaccess amd made all the changes required in the installation guide and have no idea where to search the problem...

my .htaccess looks like this:

php_flag register_globals On
php_value register_long_arrays On

# Begin Ultimate SEO V2.2d 
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 

# RewriteBase instructions 
 # Change RewriteBase dependent on how your shop is accessed as below. 
 # http://www.mysite.com = RewriteBase / 
 # http://www.mysite.com/catalog/ = RewriteBase /catalog/  
 # http://www.mysite.com/catalog/shop/ = RewriteBase /catalog/shop/ 

# Change the following line using the instructions above  

RewriteBase \eden\

# End Ultimate SEO V2.2d

Thanks in advance for any kind of help