• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Guys,

I have installed the latest ultimate SEO URLS on my site whatmower.com they work really well.

Th eoproblem I am having is that in the admin backend everything is been redirected too 401.shtml I need to fix this immediately if you have any suggestions I would be very grateful.

Thanks

What url is the button creating? Does the code for the button use oscommerce link code. Some template makers use non-oscommerce link code in various parts of the code and those won't work.

The link is in the format domainname.com/the-gro-clock-by-the-gro-company-p-175.html for the product then domainname.com/the-gro-clock-by-the-gro-company-pr-175.html for the review link

As I said above, I've changed the Filter Short Words to 2 which changes the link url to the-gro-clock-the-gro-company-pr-175.html which works so I don't think it is related to templates.

Besides I made the template using STS :)

Edited by dw1973

Hello.

I have install the Ultimate SEO URLs 2-2.2d-10 and i like it.

My problem is on my first page when press the buy_now button give a 404 error

url is like that

printers/hewlettpackardlaserjet1100xi-p-27.html&action=buy_now

If i change the "&" with "?" work.

if open the page for first time then the url is

printers/hewlettpackardlaserjet1100xi-p-27.html?osCsid=31241fc87ae75e25fdf483f9&action=buy_now

if i open another browser for first time then again the url is like

?osCsid=31241fc87ae75e25fdf483f9&action=

after the first time click no more

the url changes to

Thank you for your time.

I have installed the latest ultimate SEO URLS on my site whatmower.com they work really well.

Th eoproblem I am having is that in the admin backend everything is been redirected too 401.shtml I need to fix this immediately if you have any suggestions I would be very grateful.

I don't see how they can be related. All I can think of is that you made some mistake in the admin/categories.php file change. Try turning Ultimate SEO off to see if the problem is still there.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The link is in the format domainname.com/the-gro-clock-by-the-gro-company-p-175.html for the product then domainname.com/the-gro-clock-by-the-gro-company-pr-175.html for the review link

As I said above, I've changed the Filter Short Words to 2 which changes the link url to the-gro-clock-the-gro-company-pr-175.html which works so I don't think it is related to templates.

Besides I made the template using STS :)

No one else has mentioned such a problem so it must be something in your shop. If it fails on just a few products, then it is something related to those products.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

My problem is on my first page when press the buy_now button give a 404 error

after the first time click no more

the url changes to

It is normal for the session ID (that lsit of characters that start with osCsid) to show on the first page. As for the 404 error, does it fail on any other link? There isn't a buy now button on the home page of a stock oscommerce shop so your code has been edited. That would seem to be the cause of the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No one else has mentioned such a problem so it must be something in your shop. If it fails on just a few products, then it is something related to those products.

You are correct, it is related to those products in that they have all have words of 2 letters or less in their names.

Maybe no-one else has products of this nature? Have you tested this combination?

Not sure that I find this response satisfactory but as this is a free contribution I guess I can't complain.

When I get time I'll install the contribution on a vanilla OSCommerce and see if it still happens. If it does, it's a bug and should be fixed.

You are correct, it is related to those products in that they have all have words of 2 letters or less in their names.

I know of some sites that run with that setting at 0.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hello,

i am trying to install this contribution, but the names of my products are in greek, and the url's are only "----.html". I am using the latest version of this module. is there anyone who can guide me, to display greek characters in the url's???

thanks in advice

i am trying to install this contribution, but the names of my products are in greek, and the url's are only "----.html". I am using the latest version of this module. is there anyone who can guide me, to display greek characters in the url's???

You could try the character conversion option in the settings.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi now my SEO is working & it is AMAZZING AND THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR ALL THE DEVOLPERS WHO KEPT IMPROVING IT. my mistake was i was editing the STEP #6 - Edit .htaccess file (in your catalog directory) BUT AFTER EDITING THE ROOT .htaccess file IT ALL WORKS GREAT.

I have a small problem however.

I get => http://www.irdhidiamond.com/irdhi-collection-101-carat-princess-diamond-p-6324.html

I need=> http://www.irdhidiamond.com/irdhi-collection-1.01-carat-princess-diamond-p-6324.html

basicaly it is dropping the "." ( 101 but i need them to be 1.01)

I did try Enter special character conversions but couldn't get it to fix this problem.

Can some one please help me on this fix :(

Sincerely

Ashin

I have a small problem however.

I get => http://www.irdhidiamond.com/irdhi-collection-101-carat-princess-diamond-p-6324.html

I need=> http://www.irdhidiamond.com/irdhi-collection-1.01-carat-princess-diamond-p-6324.html

basicaly it is dropping the "." ( 101 but i need them to be 1.01)

I did try Enter special character conversions but couldn't get it to fix this problem.

I haven't tested it but I don't think that will work due to how the code works. The code could be altered to not remove the period but that might cause problems with hackers or invalid url's. You could replace the period with a dash, though that won't look right on the actual page.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I haven't tested it but I don't think that will work due to how the code works. The code could be altered to not remove the period but that might cause problems with hackers or invalid url's. You could replace the period with a dash, though that won't look right on the actual page.

Dear Jack,

For my Osc admin I have put in place an .httmaster so i have 2 password logins to hack through. So i am thinking this would be suffice security from hackers. Could you please tell me how I can mod the code so it won't remove the period ( I only get the "." on 99% of all my products (-p-xxxx) at the start ( withing the first 4 caracter locations)

eg

http://www.irdhidiamond.com/101caratrounddiamond-p-6325.html should be 1.01

http://www.irdhidiamond.com/072caratcushiondiamond-p-6318.html should be 0.72

http://www.irdhidiamond.com/05caratcushiondiamond-p-6317.html should be 0.5

Thank you sooo much for your time... we all realy appriciate you helping us

Sincerely,

Ashin

For my Osc admin I have put in place an .httmaster so i have 2 password logins to hack through. So i am thinking this would be suffice security from hackers. Could you please tell me how I can mod the code so it won't remove the period ( I only get the "." on 99% of all my products (-p-xxxx) at the start ( withing the first 4 caracter locations)

eg

http://www.irdhidiamond.com/101caratrounddiamond-p-6325.html should be 1.01

http://www.irdhidiamond.com/072caratcushiondiamond-p-6318.html should be 0.72

http://www.irdhidiamond.com/05caratcushiondiamond-p-6317.html should be 0.5

No, I'm sorry but I can't offer individual support in the forums - too many problems - too little time. :)

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Please can someone help me!!

When I log into the backend of my website all my admin sections are not available and produce 404 Errors. However all the frontend products are fine.

Thanks

When I log into the backend of my website all my admin sections are not available and produce 404 Errors. However all the frontend products are fine.

Does this happen with the contribution turned off? What version are you using?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Does this happen with the contribution turned off? What version are you using?

Thanks for your reply, I cant turn anything off because when i click on configuration i get 401.shtml. Im new to oscommerce so Im not sure if im doing stuff right.

I try to navigate to the modules section through the backend and this is the url URL.COM/admin/modules.php?selected_box=modules&set=payment, when i click on it it send the 401.shtml error.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply, I cant turn anything off because when i click on configuration i get 401.shtml. Im new to oscommerce so Im not sure if im doing stuff right.

I try to navigate to the modules section through the backend and this is the url URL.COM/admin/modules.php?selected_box=modules&set=payment, when i click on it it send the 401.shtml error.

Then you'll need to uninstall it from the files, verify the shop works and try it again.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Then you'll need to uninstall it from the files, verify the shop works and try it again.

Thanks, how would i go about uninstalling it is there a quick way?

Hi I managed to reinstall it the backend works fine now. The problem I have now is the category links URL.COM/PRODUCT-2.HTML get forwarded to the URL.COM?cPath=25. Is there a way to get around this?

Hi I managed to reinstall it the backend works fine now. The problem I have now is the category links URL.COM/PRODUCT-2.HTML get forwarded to the URL.COM?cPath=25. Is there a way to get around this?

This contribution can't redirect from a product to a category so that has to be due to some problem in your shop.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the reply but i figured it out, for SEO purposes I redirected index.php to the root and I also redirected non www to www which effected the Rewrites.

I have a problem. I need to move a category:

www.mydomain.com/category_name-c-21-24 to www.mydomain.com/category_name-c-26-24

When I move it, both urls show the same page: duplicity! I need a redirection from c-21-24 to c-26-24

Any ideas?

I have a problem. I need to move a category:

www.mydomain.com/category_name-c-21-24 to www.mydomain.com/category_name-c-26-24

When I move it, both urls show the same page: duplicity! I need a redirection from c-21-24 to c-26-24

Any ideas?

When you move it, the first one should no longer exist. If you want to keep whatever position it had, you can do a redirect for it (search web for redirecting with htaccess) but I, personally, wouldn't bother.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons