• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

i revert back the process by editing back those files back to orginal, Now in the front end, i still could see the SEO error message and the SEO fucntion.

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/thetinyb/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1217

Reset SEO URLs Cache

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/thetinyb/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1217

How can i totally uninstall it ?? can enlighten me.

If you have removed the files and edited all of the ones that were changed so they are back to their original condition, then it is uninstalled. If you are still seeing the error, you either missed something or maybe you have cache enabled.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If you have removed the files and edited all of the ones that were changed so they are back to their original condition, then it is uninstalled. If you are still seeing the error, you either missed something or maybe you have cache enabled.

Yes,they are back to their original condition because i save a copy before i edit them.. So i just upload and overwrite the edited files to original.

I think it should be the cache stuff, i have clear my IE cache. What else should i clear?

Under osc front-end "Cache Control" there wasn't anything i can clear. Here's the screen shot

My installation of this contribution is working perfectly except for the "Show" drop down box at the top of the "Please Choose A Product" search result page. When you select a manufacturer from this drop down menu it just takes you back to the main page. Here is a screen shot of the area I am talking about:

86670188.jpg

I'm running v2.2 RC2. Here is a link to my page: www.ffie.com/catalog. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Yes,they are back to their original condition because i save a copy before i edit them.. So i just upload and overwrite the edited files to original.

I think it should be the cache stuff, i have clear my IE cache. What else should i clear?

Under osc front-end "Cache Control" there wasn't anything i can clear. Here's the screen shot

If you have removed everything, there is nothing in the files to use the cache, if that was even the problem. So either you have some other non-related problem or you missed something when you did the uninstall.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

My installation of this contribution is working perfectly except for the "Show" drop down box at the top of the "Please Choose A Product" search result page. When you select a manufacturer from this drop down menu it just takes you back to the main page. Here is a screen shot of the area I am talking about:

I tried it here and it works. If you are not using my latest version though that may not be the case. If you are, then try turning it off and make sure that option works with the standard url's. If it doesn't, there is some problem with your basic code. If it does, then there all I can suggest is that you double check the installation.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you have removed everything, there is nothing in the files to use the cache, if that was even the problem. So either you have some other non-related problem or you missed something when you did the uninstall.

In that case, maybe i install back the SEO URL.. there after, i uninstall again.. might be the way i uninstall the SEO URL in a jump method..

It should be, reverse the process by editing back those files, there after i delete the 2 files includes/classes/seo.class.php

admin/includes/reset_seo_cache.php

OR

i delete the 2 files 1st, than i edit those files back to orginal..

Which is the correct way of uninstall?

In that case, maybe i install back the SEO URL.. there after, i uninstall again.. might be the way i uninstall the SEO URL in a jump method..

It should be, reverse the process by editing back those files, there after i delete the 2 files includes/classes/seo.class.php

admin/includes/reset_seo_cache.php

OR

i delete the 2 files 1st, than i edit those files back to orginal..

Which is the correct way of uninstall?

Uninstall it by removing the file changes first. Once that is done, it doesn't matter if the two additional files are there or not, though they shoult be deleted if you are not going to use them. You should go into admin and click on the uninstall in the options for this contribution too. Again, it won;t hurt to have that there but it is not necessary.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I tried it here and it works. If you are not using my latest version though that may not be the case. If you are, then try turning it off and make sure that option works with the standard url's. If it doesn't, there is some problem with your basic code. If it does, then there all I can suggest is that you double check the installation.

Confirmed that the option does work when I turn the contribution off and use standard url's. I will double check each step of the installation today to see if I missed anything. Thanks!

Confirmed that the option does work when I turn the contribution off and use standard url's. I will double check each step of the installation today to see if I missed anything. Thanks!

Update:

Double checked my installation and everything matches the instructions. Not sure why this drop down box is not working when Ultimate SEO is turned on. Could it be a setting I'm missing? Do you know where in the code I can look specifically for something that might affect this?

Update:

Double checked my installation and everything matches the instructions. Not sure why this drop down box is not working when Ultimate SEO is turned on. Could it be a setting I'm missing? Do you know where in the code I can look specifically for something that might affect this?

Frank if you continue to have problems I'd recommend you change/upgrade to the contributions I support which are: -

Ultimate Seo Urls 5 ( PHP5.2+ ONLY ) see my sig

Or if you have to stay with PHP4 for some reason then ..

Ultimate Seo Urls 2.1d STABLE FINAL r172 ( same location you downloaded your current version ).

Having said all this, I have seen this issue before and you could probably have saved a lot of time if I am correct because I doubt it has anything at all to do with you installing incorrectly, as was advised previously.

Your includes/configure.php file I believe may be incorrect.

Given the information you provided with your initial problem the top of your configure.php file should look like ..

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.ffie.com');
define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.ffie.com');
define('ENABLE_SSL', true);
define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.ffie.com');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.ffie.com');
define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

Your symptoms suggest you may have something like ..

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.ffie.com/catalog/');
define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.ffie.com/catalog/');

Beware of the SSL settings as you may access differently or even have it turned off, I have assumed those settings.

Edited by FWR Media

Frank if you continue to have problems I'd recommend you change/upgrade to the contributions I support which are: -

Ultimate Seo Urls 5 ( PHP5.2+ ONLY ) see my sig

Or if you have to stay with PHP4 for some reason then ..

Ultimate Seo Urls 2.1d STABLE FINAL r172 ( same location you downloaded your current version ).

Having said all this, I have seen this issue before and you could probably have saved a lot of time if I am correct because I doubt it has anything at all to do with you installing incorrectly, as was advised previously.

Your includes/configure.php file I believe may be incorrect.

Given the information you provided with your initial problem the top of your configure.php file should look like ..

Your symptoms suggest you may have something like ..

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.ffie.com/catalog/');
define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.ffie.com/catalog/');

Beware of the SSL settings as you may access differently or even have it turned off, I have assumed those settings.

My configure.php file looks like this:

Perhaps I should try installing your contribution instead...

Edited by Frank19

Perhaps I should try installing your contribution instead...

That's entirely up to you of course. Interesting that your configure file is correct though .. whenever I've seen that particular issue it has always related to the configure file.

I don't know if it will fix your problem or not but the configure file is not correct. The above lines should be

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.www.ffie.com');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.www.ffie.com');

You also need to be sure the define('DIR_FS_CATALOG' line is correct. You didn't include that so I can't check it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't know if it will fix your problem or not but the configure file is not correct. The above lines should be

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.www.ffie.com');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.www.ffie.com');

You also need to be sure the define('DIR_FS_CATALOG' line is correct. You didn't include that so I can't check it.

That's incorrect Jack.

.mysite.com if you want the cookie valid also for subdomains

www.mysite.com makes the cookie only available to the www version.

It just seems odd to me that only the "show" drop down box functionality would not work. When I view the page source code I can see that the drop down is correctly attempting to reference the manufacturers by their database ID, but for some reason I'm automatically redirected to the index page each time. I assume it has something to do with the link between the Ultimate SEO links and the way the drop down traditionally links to manufacturers.

It just seems odd to me that only the "show" drop down box functionality would not work. When I view the page source code I can see that the drop down is correctly attempting to reference the manufacturers by their database ID, but for some reason I'm automatically redirected to the index page each time. I assume it has something to do with the link between the Ultimate SEO links and the way the drop down traditionally links to manufacturers.

Something, more than likely in the version of seo urls you are using, is creating an invalid 301 redirection.

Uninstall it by removing the file changes first. Once that is done, it doesn't matter if the two additional files are there or not, though they shoult be deleted if you are not going to use them. You should go into admin and click on the uninstall in the options for this contribution too. Again, it won;t hurt to have that there but it is not necessary.

I had finally resovle, Just to share..

for those wanted to uninstall the "Ultimate SEO URLs"

but after uninstall and still able to see the "SEO URL" function in your osCommerce front-end "Configuration"

install back the SEO URL than follow the steps;

1st; you will need to click the "SEO URL", click the "enable SEO" put to "false"

2nd; under "reset SEO cache" put to "reset"

3th; under "uninstall SEO" put to "uninstall"

you will see "warning", but is ok. Go to your IE clear all cache..

revert back those files you had edited 1st, than delete the 2 files

admin\includes\reset_seo_cache.php

includes\classes\seo.class.php

To the people who posted earlier:

I've rewriten this contribution so it makes the urls like this "shop.com/category/subcategory/productname-p-1234.html"

The main bug that came with my rewriting was a redirect loop wich I made a workaround for. So it's fully functional but it could have been slightly better.

How should I share 'my version' of this great contribution with the rest of you guys?

Jack_mcs and FWRMedia, what are your opinions about this?

Best regards,

Leo

I've rewriten this contribution so it makes the urls like this "shop.com/category/subcategory/productname-p-1234.html"

The main bug that came with my rewriting was a redirect loop wich I made a workaround for. So it's fully functional but it could have been slightly better.

How should I share 'my version' of this great contribution with the rest of you guys?

This is an open contribution so anyone is free to upload whatever they like. I would ask that you give it a unique name though. The last person that uploaded used my version name and it has caused many problems. Since I won't be supporting your version (due to time constraints) it will help to know which version a person is using in case there are problems or questions.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Best regards,

Leo

Agree with Jack .. perhaps a title like "path based version based on XXX [bETA]"

Agree with Jack .. perhaps a title like "path based version based on XXX [bETA]"

something like "Ultimate SEO URLS v2.1 - Slashed urls" ?

Would be nice to make it an option too, so you can configure the contrib in the admin with hyphens or slashes.

And then you keep 'one' contribution instead of one with hyphens and one with slashes.

Edited by Piemol

something like "Ultimate SEO URLS v2.1 - Slashed urls" ?

Would be nice to make it an option too, so you can configure the contrib in the admin with hyphens or slashes.

And then you keep 'one' contribution instead of one with hyphens and one with slashes.

Not a lot of point really if you are on PHP5.2+ there is USU5 PRO which does all this plus a lot more as well as multi language seo capability.

If you fancy being a beta tester: Ultimate Seo Urls 5 PRO beta test

Have installed v2.2d-10 and all works well apart fromo ne problem.

When something is added to the cart from the product list using the buy now button, then the user chooses continue shopping from the cart, all the buy now buttons retain that product id when the user is returned to that category.

Hope that makes sense!